Welcome To aBlackWeb

10 Best Rap songs series ranked

Glad Krit got some love for his "my sub" series but didn't see part 4 even though this list is updated as of this month compared to when it was originally written

10. Lucki — “Count On Me”

• “Count On Me” (2013)
  • “Count On Me Pt. II” (2013)
  • “Count On Me 3” (2014)
Lucki (formerly known as Lucki Eck$) has danced with the devil known as drugs, but his “Count On Me” series is dedicated entirely to slanging them, not swallowing them. Lucki isn’t your typical neighborhood drug dealer, though; in a shady industry full of flaky characters, the Chicago rapper stands out as a reliable vendor. “You can trust me with your money, trust me with your money / You can count on me,” he assures his beloved clientele.

Rather than use drug dealing as a way to escape the streets or boost his status, you get the feeling Lucki takes pride and pleasure in selling itself. And if he likes you, he might just give you a discount: “If they nice, 12 for 32 like rulers.” Despite the fatal consequences of his trade that he addresses in “Count On Me 3” (“That one damn bitch had a fucking relapse, OD’d god damn that’s a shame”), there's something charming about the way Lucki talks about selling drugs, especially when mixed with Hytman and Hippie Sabotage’s potent production.

9. Big K.R.I.T. — “My Sub”

• “My Sub” (2011)
  • “My Sub (Pt. 2: The Jackin’)” (2012)
  • “My Sub, Pt. 3 (Big Bang)” (2014)
The only thing Big K.R.I.T. likes more than his old school is what’s inside it. Featuring trunk-rattling production and classic Southern flavor, Krizzle’s “My Sub” series is his love letter to the almighty subwoofer, the necessary addition to your ride that’ll get you respect in the streets and action in the sheets.

“My Sub” parts one and two play out like a short film: K.R.I.T. pulling up to the club, sub blaring, asses shaking. His loudspeaker bags him a bad bitch, but as the sequel’s title suggests, he gets jacked for his precious sub before he can get lucky. “Part 3” acts as the prequel to this story as K.R.I.T. explains how it all started way back—while waking up the entire neighborhood, of course.

8. “Pop’s Rap”

• “Pop’s Rap” (1994)
  • “Pop’s Rap, Pt. 2 / Fatherhood” (1997)
  • “Pop’s Rap III…All My Children” (2000)
  • “Pop’s Belief” (2011)
Common’s father, Lonnie Lynn Sr., passed away from prostate cancer in 2014, but he’ll always be remembered for his “Pop’s Rap” series. A former basketball star who turned his drug addiction into a decades-long career as a youth counselor, Pops sprinkled wisdom on many of his son’s albums through spoken word poems included on the project’s closing songs.

Though the “Pop’s Rap” series officially only appears on four of Common’s albums—Resurrection, One Day It’ll All Make Sense, Like Water For Chocolate and The Dreamer/The Believer—Lonnie Lynn’s presence can also be felt on Electric Circus’ “Heaven Somewhere,” Be’s “It’s Your World (Part 1 & 2)” and Black America Again’s “Little Chicago Boy.”

It’s been almost three years since Pops drew his last breath, but his reverberating voice and beautiful words still soothe the soul to this day

7. Lupe Fiasco — “SLR”

• “SLR (Super Lupe Rap)” (2010)
  • “SLR 2” (2013)
  • “SLR 3” (2013)
From underwhelming albums like Lasers and DROGAS Light to his bi-monthly retirement threats, Lupe Fiasco makes it hard to be a Lupe fan. Take his “Super Lupe Rap” series on its own, however, and you'll find yourself falling back in love with Lu like Lois Lane and Superman.

Beyond the dizzying lyrical displays, “SLR” also tells us a little bit about what makes Lupe tick, about what produces such electrifying performances out of such a frustrating talent. 2010’s “SLR” was partly a response to Soulja Boy sayinghe doesn't "want to be super-Lupe-Fiasco-lyrical and n*ggas don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about.” To which Lu replied, “call it being Pretty Lyrically Swag / Soulja call it Super Lupe Lyrical / You can’t understand me nor mimic my miracles.”

Three years later, Kendrick Lamar’s “Control” verse sprung Super Lupe into action once again. Despite not being mentioned in the song—a fact Lupe acknowledges himself—the Chicago rapper still fired back with the fiercest response to King Kendrick: “Now we all heard what he said, but what he said means we dead / And that shit is insane / He’s so crazy, look at the little baby / N*gga you ain’t Nas, n*gga you ain’t Jay-Z / You will respect me, you will reject me / But I’ve done so much, no matter how far you go, you will reflect me.”

Lupe’s “SLR” series is proof that when you light a fire under his ass, he comes with that heat. Following the tepid response to DROGAS Light and his recent anti-Semitic controversy, let’s hope Super Lupe makes a return on DROGAS Wave (or whatever he decides to call his next album).

I'm not posting anymore lol

Niggas better click the link in the op to see the rest

Back