Welcome To aBlackWeb

“There Was an Artist Hotter Than Jay Z Every Year”

Let’s take 2001 for example

Is Pain is Love a better album than Blueprint objectively? Or a classic? Hell no

How about first week numbers? BP did 427,000 as the towers dropped. PIL did 361,000.

Already know about Summer Jam

So are we saying Ja was hotter because he had only radio songs outpace Jay I wanna see the metric? Is it how many times niggas was number 1 on 106 and park?

And if it’s that, some niggas favorite rappers can never be in a GOAT convo. I’m just trying to see…
Ja had 2001 on lock.

Put It On Me
I Cried
I’m Real Remix
Ain’t It Funny Remix
Livin It Up
Always On Time

By that logic Wu Tang headlined Summer Jam 1997 over Bad Boy so therefore Wu Tang really ran 1997 over Bad Boy.

Nas had radio songs in 2002

One Mic
Made You Look
I Can
Thugz Mansion
I Got It 2
I’m Gonna Be Alright
Too Much For Me
Nelly

Hot in Herre
Air Force Ones
Dilemma
Girlfriend remix

I mean we talking real hits here. Since we on hits wave, try another year brother.

By that logic Wu Tang headlined Summer Jam 1997 over Bad Boy so therefore Wu Tang really ran 1997 over Bad Boy.
Well Biggie was dead by the time summer Jam rolled around . You think Wu would’ve headlined over Biggie coming off Life After Death if he was living? Nope. Of course they’d headline 4 days following the release of Wu Tang Forever instead of Diddy, Mase and friends months pre Harlem World

IMG_2317.jpeg

Nelly

Hot in Herre
Air Force Ones
Dilemma
Girlfriend remix

I mean we talking real hits here. Since we on hits wave, try another year brother.
He didn’t have the biggest hits that year. But he had everything going for him. High selling albums, Stillmatic dropped in late 01 but rolled over into 2002, Lost Tapes some say is a top 3 Nas project and he ended the year with God Son. Radio records like One Mic and Made You Look was getting played heavily. Had beef with Cormega, Jay Z, Cam’ron and Dipset and Nore. Was about to headline Summer Jam (lol) but because they didn’t want him to use that lynching prop his performance was cancelled.

Nas ran 2002. Did he sell the most records? Nah. Did he have the biggest hits? Nah. But you can’t deny his impact that year.

I think music quality plays a part but when talking about the hottest of the year I think popularity is more important, at least that's how I interpret it

He didn’t have the biggest hits that year. But he had everything going for him. High selling albums, Stillmatic dropped in late 01 but rolled over into 2002, Lost Tapes some say is a top 3 Nas project and he ended the year with God Son. Radio records like One Mic and Made You Look was getting played heavily. Had beef with Cormega, Jay Z, Cam’ron and Dipset and Nore. Was about to headline Summer Jam (lol) but because they didn’t want him to use that lynching prop his performance was cancelled.

Nas ran 2002. Did he sell the most records? Nah. Did he have the biggest hits? Nah. But you can’t deny his impact that year.
See what you’re doing for Nas you’re taking everything into context instead of “just Hits”. I gave you 01’ where Jay outpaced Ja in 3/4 categories and you keeping this Ja thing up. You gotta be consistent dog.

You want it one way for Nas and other way for Jay. Like I don’t even have to list Jay radio records from 01. Yeah Ja had more but that’s 1/4 categories. Lol niggas not even trying to debate in good faith, just vibes.

See what you’re doing for Nas you’re taking everything into context instead of “just Hits”. I gave you 01’ where Jay outpaced Ja in 3/4 categories and you keeping this Ja thing up. You gotta be consistent dog.

You want it one way for Nas and other way for Jay. Like I don’t even have to list Jay radio records from 01. Yeah Ja had more but that’s 1/4 categories. Lol niggas not even trying to debate in good faith, just vibes.
Lol nah. Ja Rule’s 01 was similar to 50’s 03 imo. What are these categories?

Also ironic some of the “no clear cut no person” years are jay years, although we just debated years that it was supposedly a “clear cut guy” and it wasn’t it lol

Also ironic some of the “no clear cut no person” years are jay years, although we just debated years that it was supposedly a “clear cut guy” and it wasn’t it lol
1999 had a few people that could claim that year. Eminem, Jay, Lauryn Hill, DMX, Juvenile and Cash Money, Snoop, Nas, Dre.

1999 had a few people that could claim that year. Eminem, Jay, Lauryn Hill, DMX, Juvenile and Cash Money, Snoop, Nas, Dre.
And we just debated 2002 with Nelly, could’ve added Eminem 🤮 and if you adding snoop for 99. You can add Jay for 02 since we love hits now with Bp2 and BOBW

And then 2009 they actually voted hottest rapper of the year since we love hot now. You wouldn’t believe who won it though

:hov1:

Back