Welcome To aBlackWeb

“Depression is a luxury” - 50 Cent

I get where he's coming from.

When you got responsibilities, wife and kids and alladat, you really ain't got time to stop and wallow in your own despair. YOu get up every day, put on a brave face, and go do what you have to do to make sure your family has food, clothes, and a roof over their heads. When the shit really gets to you, there's always that bottle willing to help you escape or even just numb yourself enough so you can do it again tomorrow.

To actually sit off and say "I'm depressed and need help" is the luxury. Folks that gotta grind to make it happen for their families don't usually have the time in any given day to go to a therapist. Thos that do have money and are afforded that luxury.

Depression isn’t a luxury. Being able to recognize your depression and deal with it in a healthy way is a luxury.

kinda like this ^^^

Smart dumb talk or facts?

I mean, i get what he is sayin. But its hella insensitive.

Yes. Sum poor ppl in 3rd world countries who live off $2 per day, would LOVE to experience 1st world depression.

But regardless alotta ppl in 1st world countries are goin thru it.

Its all about perceptive imo.

But thats jus 50 bein 50. So meh

It's just the era where he's from, I've heard similar sentiments from dudes around that age.
Talkin bout people depressed are just soft.

Last time I checked the people outchea committin dat are of every age, young to old
This is why I and most black males never talked about things that bothered us as kids. Being in the projects even at age 8 I never wanted to let people know what was going on because I did not want to be seen as weak.

Black people not getting proper health treatment or trusting doctors (for good reason) is another issue. I realized everything I feel today I felt as a kid, just magnified.

Sounds like he taking shots at his kids.

Like the interviewer caught him on a week when he dealing with extreme teenage angst.

like he been cohabitating with someone that does nothing but smokes weed all day n cries, keeps a stank ass room full of dirty dishes, clothes and puberty.

But nah he talking bout the general public.
🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Sounds like he taking shots at his kids.

Like the interviewer caught him on a week when he dealing with extreme teenage angst.

like he been cohabitating with someone that does nothing but smokes weed all day n cries, keeps a stank ass room full of dirty dishes, clothes and puberty.

But nah he talking bout the general public.
🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

We might need more of the interview or whole thing to understand the context but as is it just sounds like bruh just said some dumb smart shit.

We might need more of the interview or whole thing to understand the context but as is it just sounds like bruh just said some dumb smart shit.
He was talking about other G-Unit members wasting the opportunity he gave them.

Having the means to treat depression is the luxury not actually being depressed so yeah 50 sounds like somebody who doesn't know shit about mental health. Especially because what he described is what people who are depressed do every single day. Most folks suffering from depression, whether clinically diagnosed or otherwise, still get up and go out into the world every day and take care of their daily lives. I hope, but I doubt, somebody actually corrected him in that interview because he sounded dumb as hell in that clip.

To get rid of depression u need to get rid of addiction first

stfu-shut-the-fuck-up.gif

50’s strength isn’t that he is introspective, it’s that he’s persistent. So you can’t really take in too much when he’s speaking about things that require introspection. He’s just not of that mindset, which is a strength of someone that is persistent. They don’t try to figure out why, they think, well, what can I do now?

Kudos to him, but it’s a skewed viewpoint, even though that attitude did help him achieve, the down side of that is, when you don’t look within, you miss out on lessons that teach you when it’s time to stop being persistent and when it’s time to continue to be persistent. To realize your role in things and what you need to overcome isn’t external it’s internal.

It’s why tho he has the fame, name, and money…he never stops. Cause when he stops..what is there? And we all have to stop at some point, or else we look back and life is a blur. You seen him talk about his get rich days, he even stated that time in his life was a blur.

He obviously ain’t learn his lesson and when he gets to the next stage in his life it will be the same. But that’s how he chooses to experience life, it’s not how everyone will, can, or should experience life. And for those that are introspective, depression is far from a luxury.
I wouldn’t say he doesn’t learn his lessons. He probably does… could be one of those people who just quickly accepts what he has no power to change and moves forward to change whatever can be changed. Perhaps sees the lesson but once it’s learned, it’s like ok what’s next. Maybe from a “life is short” viewpoint where he doesn’t dwell… just learns and works through it.

Back