Welcome To aBlackWeb

“Depression is a luxury” - 50 Cent

True/clinical depression???

No.

Thing is, it's kinda subjective............so it's hard to judge what other people are going through and the toll it's taking on them.

Meaning, even if someone doesn't have clinical depression...........it could still be a serious problem for them.

True/clinical depression???

No.

Thing is, it's kinda subjective............so it's hard to judge what other people are going through and the toll it's taking on them.

Meaning, even if someone doesn't have clinical depression...........it could still be a serious problem for them.

It's so many people over diagnosed and so many people that go through their day to day dealing with it under diagnosed or not at all.

That shit was just wild to say with a smile on his face to boot 🤦🏿

50 Cent is right.

The expectation that you gonna get through this life, unscathed and intact mentally and physically has created a boom of pill popping and self-help book reading junkies that cannot tolerate being in pain.

In 2020, 20 million Americans have experienced a major depressive episode.

Mental illness is mostly political and cultural phenomenon. The therapist has taking the role of the priest. Mental illnesses have taken the role of demons.

Most people aren't depressed, they are oppressed and being exploited by systems beyond their control.

50 Cent is right.

The expectation that you gonna get through this life, unscathed and intact mentally and physically has created a boom of pill popping and self-help book reading junkies that cannot tolerate being in pain.

Mental illness is mostly political and cultural phenomenon. The therapist has taking the role of the priest. Mental illnesses have taken the role of demons.

Most people aren't depressed, they are oppressed and being exploited by systems beyond their control.

so where is the luxury?

What most people consider to be depression isn’t even real depression

Some people have to deal with serious mental issues and fight through them to survive

While others who consider themselves to be depressed are just going through phases of uncertainty or discomfort…..never exactly the same as the real thing

Some of the most seemingly happy/social people are actually the most depressed. Which is why when they commit suicide people act shocked and in disbelief

I think the point he making isn't that its a luxury but that you can't let that stop you from going to work and paying bills. We all know the best way to deal with depression is to seek help and take some time for yourself. Thats something that our society doesn't allow, hence why he called it a luxury.

Only reason they give a single fuck about people being sick is due to how contagious and disruptive it is. When depression start to spread like the flu, they'll change their tune

50 Cent is right.

Problem is a lot of you think depression is someone being sad all the time. There's way more layers to it.

50’s strength isn’t that he is introspective, it’s that he’s persistent. So you can’t really take in too much when he’s speaking about things that require introspection. He’s just not of that mindset, which is a strength of someone that is persistent. They don’t try to figure out why, they think, well, what can I do now?

Kudos to him, but it’s a skewed viewpoint, even though that attitude did help him achieve, the down side of that is, when you don’t look within, you miss out on lessons that teach you when it’s time to stop being persistent and when it’s time to continue to be persistent. To realize your role in things and what you need to overcome isn’t external it’s internal.

It’s why tho he has the fame, name, and money…he never stops. Cause when he stops..what is there? And we all have to stop at some point, or else we look back and life is a blur. You seen him talk about his get rich days, he even stated that time in his life was a blur.

He obviously ain’t learn his lesson and when he gets to the next stage in his life it will be the same. But that’s how he chooses to experience life, it’s not how everyone will, can, or should experience life. And for those that are introspective, depression is far from a luxury.

I think the point he making isn't that its a luxury but that you can't let that stop you from going to work and paying bills. We all know the best way to deal with depression is to seek help and take some time for yourself. Thats something that our society doesn't allow, hence why he called it a luxury.

Only reason they give a single fuck about people being sick is due to how contagious and disruptive it is. When depression start to spread like the flu, they'll change their tune

Who's doing that tho?

I know 50 is stunted to an extent emotionally, but I will shoot him some bail. I don't think he is referring to actual clinical depression. A lot of people throw the word depression around freely. It's not my place to tell them how to feel but I think I get what he's trying to say

Back