Welcome To aBlackWeb

“Comic Accurate”

5th Letter

Mod Squad

What are some times when studios took liberties and made things better and times when things were done for the worse?

I’ll start. In Batman TAS they reimagined Mr Freeze. Had they stayed faithful to the comics we wouldn’t have gotten the much better version of the character.

Galactus in the Fantastic Four movie was just a cloud lol.

This list is infinite. Every adaptation makes changes.. there has never been comic accurate portrayals.. they always nerf their powers. Change the back stories. Change key relationships. Gender, race, age, names, I can go on and on....

My least favorite is Michelle Pfifer in Batman returns. No where in the comics is Selina Kyle a timid ass secretary who falls out a window, and licked back to life to be a sexy cat zombie with super powers... Yet people love it.

Affleck has some of the best Batman combat sequences I've ever seen, and niggaz mad cuz Batman doesn't kill or use guns....

Everybody has their own personal perspective when it's important or not....

Hugh Jackman is too tall to be wolverine 🧐

This thread not what I thought it was gonna be about

I'll explain further later

Why I hate the " I read the comics crowd".

They've been making comics for almost 100 years now, and there's been multiple variations/versions of characters for decades now.

They same way all those writers and illustrators saw it from a different perspective, so did those people in the clip.

The MCU turning Peter Parker into Tony Stark’s pupil.
Ironically...that was comic accurate. Stark gave Parker the Iron Spider suit in the Marvel Civil War comic arc and he low-key took Parker under his wing. They changed it up and Parker wasn't a teenager he was in college I believe or fresh out.

Ironically...that was comic accurate. Stark gave Parker the Iron Spider suit in the Marvel Civil War comic arc and he low-key took Parker under his wing. They changed it up and Parker wasn't a teenager he was in college I believe or fresh out.

Peter switched to Cap’s team in the comic and him and Tony fought. In the MCU, Tony is basically Peter’s dad. And was too dependent on Tony’s tech.

Also the MCU is basically a mashup of the Ultimate Universe and the regular 616 Universe.

I always wondered why they (DCEU/MCU) changed up the source material. I wonder if it was to make the material more of their own instead of the original writers that wrote the comic so they wouldn't have to pay them as a writer in these multi-million dollar movies.

Maybe i am overthinking it but that seems like the real reason for changing up the story. BEcause take the comic book Sandman that Netflix series is almost 100% comic accurate with the dialogue and everything

First couple seasons of arrow straight up stole tons of Batman shit and was making up ridiculously hilarious ways to work in comic book characters... And I swear it was brilliant

Back