“buying the block”

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
Black capitalist are up to their usual bullshit

Black home flippers wouldn't be in the business of home flipping if they were forced to register those newly renovated homes for section 8 housing lets be honest

im not celebrating every black “win”. most of the time y’all black excellence is just the black bourgeoisie stepping on poor black people.

jayz got a lot of folks seeing double

Last edited:
It could be one thing if it didn’t just lead to gentrification. Like do that in some middle class area. I feel like if folks want to help the hoods stuff like providing jobs and cheap daycare and etc is easier.

Admittedly, I don't really know much about the subject, but I got questions. Cuz I'm confused.

1. That's a predominantly black neighborhood. The new owner of that house is likely black.

2. The median price for similar places in that area are similarly priced

3. If the new owner is in the same society-economic class as the neighbors and are of the same race and culture, how is this gentrification?

4. Section 8 refers to low-cost home rentals, subsidized by the government. People who flip houses are sellers, not renters. That's the 'flip' part of it, buy it, fix it, sell it.

I guess I just don't understand with problem with black people buying a property at a low price, fixing it up, then selling it to other black ass people, in a black ass neighborhood, at a fair price.

But again, I don't know shit about this topic honestly. So feel free to educate me.

aight I'll bite

I understand whats being said about the "buying back the block" term....

aside from that, is any one individual wrong for bettering themselves or conducting business?

like is it still a problem if he doesnt attach the catchphrase?

should he have bought it for 20, let it stay as is, and rented it out super cheap with hopes of recouping several years later?

break even just to say you're doing a good deed?

Admittedly, I don't really know much about the subject, but I got questions. Cuz I'm confused.

1. That's a predominantly black neighborhood. The new owner of that house is likely black.

2. The median price for similar places in that area are similarly priced

3. If the new owner is in the same society-economic class as the neighbors and are of the same race and culture, how is this gentrification?

4. Section 8 refers to low-cost home rentals, subsidized by the government. People who flip houses are sellers, not renters. That's the 'flip' part of it, buy it, fix it, sell it.

I guess I just don't understand with problem with black people buying a property at a low price, fixing it up, then selling it to other black ass people, in a black ass neighborhood, at a fair price.

But again, I don't know shit about this topic honestly. So feel free to educate me.

gentrification isn't necessarily defined by racial effects...........it's more so people of any race pushing out others with increased costs of living

basically the poor live in an area until it becomes dilapidated and property values are cheap

then someone rehabs the same property on the cheap, then resells it to someone else with money

other investors start catering to the new homeowners buy putting in new businesses/services around the property

the end result is the other original low income residents can't keep up with the rising cost of living because of the changing neighborhood costs...........eventually they have to move

depending on how u feel about economic/social mobility will determine whether u see gentrification as a bad or good thing

Reactions: BlackRain

I believe the argument is that MOST aren’t doing the underlined, which may be an accurate statement but I have no data

I believe the argument is that MOST aren’t doing the underlined, which may be an accurate statement but I have no data

I was more talking about this actual example that was included. But yeah, I guess maybe that's the argument.

Reactions: Rubato
I was more talking about this actual example that was included. But yeah, I guess maybe that's the argument.

Yea, he went the extra step but I think people’s problem with the concept in general is what I said.

Black facilitated gentrification is still gentrification and has the same effects (again, unless you specifically seek out black buyers like dude did).

Reactions: deadeye
cats need to explain what their issue is with this tho

so what if black sellers aren't selling to black buyers?

gentrification doesn't solely affect black people

and there are black expensive neighborhoods so why do people act like this is a problem solely for us?

Reactions: DOS_patos
Bunch of dumb ass "smart" niggas on Twitter...

The house sold for so low because it was dilapidated. It's true worth is what it appraises for after it has been rehabbed and that is dictated by sales in the immediate area. If a house was bought for $20k and listed for $260k after being rehabbed, that would mean that the homes in that area are worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $260k because some have recently sold for around that much.

Bunch of dumb ass "smart" niggas on Twitter...

The house sold for so low because it was dilapidated. It's true worth is what it appraises for after it has been rehabbed and that is dictated by sales in the immediate area. If a house was bought for $20k and listed for $260k after being rehabbed, that would mean that the homes in that area are worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $260k because some have recently sold for around that much.

Let it go big homie.

Folks hate to see a black man get out what he put in.

They don’t understand real estate and value.

To those with no issue, do you have an issue with any kind of gentrification? And if so what kind?