Welcome To aBlackWeb

‘Heroes’ Was Supposed to Be Leonard Roberts’ Big Break. Instead, It Nearly Broke Him.

Too many instances of Hollywood being a cesspool for black actors and actresses.

Guess it parallels the regular workplace experience for blacks where oftentimes you just do your job and mind your business, but some cracker coworker still has to have some shit going on.
The fact that it's not just Hollywood, but damn near every industry you can think of from medical to law to sports to retail makes me wonder why in the hell Black Nationalism is not a stronger force in this country.

How many ways can white people (and others) show you they despise you before you separate from them and go for self?

Beat me to it.

She didn't have any problem doing sex scenes with Stringer.

Maybe she dislikes skinny brothers and pit an exception on Idrid Elba.

A lot of racist Beckies/Karens are willing ro do an exception for a Tyrone or a Don Lemon: for them, they are the pinnacle of the black slave sex fantasy.

Too many instances of Hollywood being a cesspool for black actors and actresses.

Guess it parallels the regular workplace experience for blacks where oftentimes you just do your job and mind your business, but some cracker coworker still has to have some shit going on.

I concur from here in Canada. #UsToo

you can start with any of my posts.

He was a star in a hit first season only to be killed off because the white woman he co-starred with clearly didn't want him around her. And if no one else had an issue with him, what else can you point to besides racism?

Alot of racism is byproduct. They don't go in thinking "here goes this nigger" but when they come out, all their actions point to that exact sentiment. I've dealt with precisely the same thing in a "diverse" environment.

Alot of people pay lip service to diversity just to keep their jobs but they will chip away at it until their business crumbles for a lack of diverse talent/thought. And then they act like they don't know why the house burned down, gas tank in hand.

Exactly!

Yea like Dewayne said, that person does exist. I dont think he has had enough experience around people like that to emulate it correctly.

Cause that's a white writer's fantasy. That type of person doesn't exist.

Question-mark-icon-green-1024x1024.png

C'mon now, she hated him since Drumline just like everybody else. That was payback for Nick

In a statement to Variety‘s sibling publication TVLine, Larter said: “I am deeply saddened to hear about Leonard Roberts’ experience on Heroes and I am heartbroken reading his perception of our relationship, which absolutely doesn’t match my memory nor experience on the show. I respect Leonard as an artist and I applaud him or anyone using their voice and platform. I am truly sorry for any role I may have played in his painful experience during that time and I wish him and his family the very best.”

iu

Lmao.

Yes that person do. You must be from the burbs with this take
I knew I should have elaborated.

What I mean is, that dynamic of 'black thug with a heart surrounded by heartless black thugs' doesn't exist.

All of our people have hearts, including the thugs, pimps, prostitutes, etc. Painting one to seem like he has a soul and everyone else as soulless monsters is bullshit white people think about our people.

I knew I should have elaborated.

What I mean is, that dynamic of 'black thug with a heart surrounded by heartless black thugs' doesn't exist.

All of our people have hearts, including the thugs, pimps, prostitutes, etc. Painting one to seem like he has a soul and everyone else as soulless monsters is bullshit white people think about our people.

Not wrong.

Back