Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ‘Black Panther’ and the Real, Lost Wakandas

Very much believe the early Sumerians were black, but some are still trying to toss out they were just talking about their hair when they were called the black headed once

Very much believe the early Sumerians were black, but some are still trying to toss out they were just talking about their hair when they were called the black headed once

It's possible. Genetic data suggests that the original British were likely black as recently as 10,000 years ago. If the transition in skin tone could go from black to white in just 10,000 years, its not out of this world that the transition from black to brown/tan could happen within 6000 years.

Much respect to the Noks....shame how Zimbabwe was done, smh

This was a good read but long af.

I left off on the story of Paul Robeson. It's a shame how they whitewashed African history all of these years ago..

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
It's possible. Genetic data suggests that the original British were likely black as recently as 10,000 years ago. If the transition in skin tone could go from black to white in just 10,000 years, its not out of this world that the transition from black to brown/tan could happen within 6000 years.

How accurate are those models? I always get a sense we get hyped up over speculation without really having a way to know how accurate these models are

How accurate are those models? I always get a sense we get hyped up over speculation without really having a way to know how accurate these models are

They didn't use models. They took some bones from the oldest known fossils from that area. Extracted genetic material from the marrow and sequenced the genes. We've mapped enough of the human genome to know which genes are responsible for which skin tones. They found that those people that left those skeletons had the genes for dark skin.

48ED165E00000578-5358699-image-a-32_1517936566146.jpg

That's a reconstruction of the person using they bone structure from the skull and what's know about the genes.

Technically that's still a model. What else would you call it?

But I didn't know we were at the point where we could ascertain that much about race from dna samples. The way these academics still fight about various reproductions of how pharoahs and kings looked doesn't make it seem any more certain

Last edited:
Technically that's still a model. What else would you call it?

But I didn't know we were at the point where we could ascertain that much about race from dna samples. The way these academics still fight about various reproductions of how pharoahs and kings looked doesn't make it seem any more certain

I thought you were talking about the statistical or scientific models they sometimes use to track the migration of peoples over the centuries. Yes, that is a physical model, but it has nothing to do with how they know the skin tone. As far as things go with the Pharaohs, they have conducted genetic testing on some of them, most notably Tut and others from latter dynasties. Those findings were put out there pretty widely because they showed that that those latter pharaohs had European DNA. That's not all that significant a finding though given that Egypt had been conquered by multiple parties, some with European connections, before and during the period in question. The remaining contention comes from the fact that Afrocentrists and other scholars, the earlier dynasties were black. None of those pharaohs have been submitted to genetic testing. I don't even know if they have the mummies that would allow them to do that.

Back