Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez

The Hue

Black Made. Black Raised.
1708461651653.png

Without a doubt one of the most sad and enraging crime documentaries I've ever seen. The system straight up failed this kid in so many different ways. The kid's mother and her boyfriend truly deserve to be tortured daily for the rest of their lives.

Great documentary but pretty difficult to not get emotional during it. No child deserves to go through what Gabriel went through.

Couldn't even get passed the first 10min. When the Dr was talking about what was done to him I was like yep I'm out.

A pedophile and a child abuser should be shot and killed immediately. Nothing worst then those pieces of shit

I disagree. They deserve very very slow, whatever word is stronger than extreme torturous deaths.

I saw the trailer last night and thought I'm watching this but after comments. I don't know. I don't do well shit like this with kids, old people and the mentally and physically disabled.

Normally I would agree but after seeing what happen to this 8yr old boy I disagree with you my brother......immediate death is the only option

We both want death. I just feel like they should suffer before it happens is all.

Ok

Idk what this says about me but while this is a pretty heavy topic, I managed to watch all the way through

I still want to unpack what I've seen before I give my thoughts

aight so i've had a night to think about this

i think the obvious are there are some pretty shitty people in this world

this documentary touches SOOOOO many different topics

i think one thing that is consistent across the country is how underfunded and many times under trained DCFS agencies are. It is an extremely taxing job on not only the people that are receiving services, but the people that are providing them.

The mom and the bf are pieces of shit. The mom could probably have a doc by herself. I know just from how she treated her kids that she more than likely had a shitty upbringing as well. Women, in general need to do a better job of safeguarding their kids from men whether its their bio fathers or not, but they need to be more selective in who they choose to bring into their kids lives.

The bf...gawd, i hope everything bad happens to this dude.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, it doesnt matter why they only treated gabriel badly, but still, i would like to know why just him? Maybe b/c he was the youngest and was easier to control/abuse.

I was just thinking why dont people when they get a certain age, and have shown an inability to do a job at a high level arent forced out of the workplace. That old lady should've been nowhere near DCFS building. I mean, its a chicken egg thing tho. What if she wasnt overworked? Could she have really given Gabriel's case the attention it deserved? Then I asked myself, but why did she forge documents? That was an intentional act.

i really would like to discuss this some more. Im hoping more people see it and talk about it in here.

aight so i've had a night to think about this

i think the obvious are there are some pretty shitty people in this world

this documentary touches SOOOOO many different topics

i think one thing that is consistent across the country is how underfunded and many times under trained DCFS agencies are. It is an extremely taxing job on not only the people that are receiving services, but the people that are providing them.

The mom and the bf are pieces of shit. The mom could probably have a doc by herself. I know just from how she treated her kids that she more than likely had a shitty upbringing as well. Women, in general need to do a better job of safeguarding their kids from men whether its their bio fathers or not, but they need to be more selective in who they choose to bring into their kids lives.

The bf...gawd, i hope everything bad happens to this dude.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, it doesnt matter why they only treated gabriel badly, but still, i would like to know why just him? Maybe b/c he was the youngest and was easier to control/abuse.

I was just thinking why dont people when they get a certain age, and have shown an inability to do a job at a high level arent forced out of the workplace. That old lady should've been nowhere near DCFS building. I mean, its a chicken egg thing tho. What if she wasnt overworked? Could she have really given Gabriel's case the attention it deserved? Then I asked myself, but why did she forge documents? That was an intentional act.

i really would like to discuss this some more. Im hoping more people see it and talk about it in here.

The only explanation I have is that they were extremely homophobic and singled him out because they thought he was gay.

Also in my opinion all those social workers should have done a few years. Why in the FUCK would they take the mother's word over actual physical evidence of abuse? The Sheriff's Department was straight trash too. This kid had ZERO help.

Almost done with the first episode. Dunno if ima continue to watch this shit though.... Everything about this is disturbing and pissin me tf off.. Don't think watching this is how I'll choose to pass my free time.

I just hope the people that harmed this poor child were punished severely

Back