Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

The watermelon we pulled wasn’t ripe enough yet for me, but the kids still ate it, lol.

How can you tell when a watermelon is ripe?
Look for the yellow spot: Watermelons develop a splotch where they rest on the ground. When this splotch is creamy yellow, it's ripe. Give it a thump: Tap the underbelly of the watermelon. A ripe one will have a deep hollow sound, which means it is brimming with juice and at the peak of its ripeness.

was it grafted or grown from seed?

If it wasnt grafted it'll prolly be another year or two before you get some decent fruit from it
Went to the nursery and showed a picture to the lady and she was like yea it'll be another year or 2 before it fruit and that it looked healthy other than that limb in the bottom right corner that looks scraped off so i cut that branch off and pruned some of the branches in the center that didn't have any growth

What's your setup on the watermelon and cantaloupe?
We built 2 10’x8’ raised beds in the yard and threw every plant we could think of in there, lol. The vines from the cantaloupe, watermelon, and/or pumpkin basically grew out of the boxes and took over half of that side of the yard. Next time I’m out there I’ll take a current pic.

Pineapple top growing roots in a jar. Gonna plant it in some soil soon

View attachment 635235

You can grow Pineapples like this???

Top 30 Mind Blown GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

been trying to cross pollinate my hot peppers with my sweet peppers but it's a delicate process and I keep fuckin it up lol

Back