Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

I have a pear tree next to my apple tree. Had no idea the one tree was a pear tree until the second year we were living here. And it hasn’t haven’t given off fruit again since. Been about 2 years ago since it did.

I'll have to take a pic of my peach tree. It's growing but not putting out any fruit think this like year 4

You'll probably get them this year. Mine puts out fruit every year but the fucking squirrels get them all.

I did see a fox in my neighbor's yard this morning (didn't even know we had them here) so maybe he'll stick around and solve that problem for me.

You'll probably get them this year. Mine puts out fruit every year but the fucking squirrels get them all.

I did see a fox in my neighbor's yard this morning (didn't even know we had them here) so maybe he'll stick around and solve that problem for me.
If you check the last post it looks promising this year if not I may plant another one around it. But it's a self pollinating so should be good hopefully. Cause when I first got it out did produce 1.... 1 damn peach and ain't seen one since

Went outside to look at the tree and we've got action not sure if you can see but got a bunch little fuzzy peaches. I was like ohhh shit had to get my lil girl to come and look. She was just as happy about it excited to see what's to come next

20240413_111739.jpg 20240413_111721.jpg

Was suppose to start weeding my fruit patch and cleaning out the greenhouse and polytunnel today but.... I watched the boxing and football (soccer) instead lol

Got the day off tomorrow, I will do then... I need to hurry up and get sh!t ready to plant, already seen grafted tomato plants in the garden stores...

Thats dope brother... Cool asf to have your kids getting involved too, it will encourage them want to eat healthy and be outdoorsy and get off their devices...
Oh don't get it twisted they still want to be on them but when I go outside I always make em come with me. But yea baby girl my right hand.
She was like can I pick one and see what it look like inside. I was like go ahead and just seeing how so fascinated with how it's coming together cause I almost have up on that tree and was about yank it up and use for some firewood to bbq. My lil boy he ain't worried about that tree he like oh ok nice can I eat one now. I say no he like what's the point then....

Oh don't get it twisted they still want to be on them but when I go outside I always make em come with me. But yea baby girl my right hand.
She was like can I pick one and see what it look like inside. I was like go ahead and just seeing how so fascinated with how it's coming together cause I almost have up on that tree and was about yank it up and use for some firewood to bbq. My lil boy he ain't worried about that tree he like oh ok nice can I eat one now. I say no he like what's the point then....

Yeah kids are always gonna be on their devices, no chance of getting rid of those haha

I think getting kids into growing their own fruits and veg and being outdoorsy at young age defo encourages them to eat healthier and be more active though...

Back