Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Alot of white people eat like shit too. I was at the grocery store the other day. Im lucky cause my family is from the mediterranean so all we eat is veggies, fruits, and unprocessed meats.

So im doing the shopping for my parents, cart full to the top with almost nothing but greens. Not a single processed food. I look around at other peoples carts and all I see is boxed foods, sodas, one lady musta had 5 things of the 5 pound sugar bags. Shit was disgusting.

Everyone's eating habits are disgusting. You think that's why we're dying in hospitals under doctor's care from coronavirus? Lmaooooo?

Maaaaaannn.

Imma go hit the sticks before I get more ignorant than I already am and start calling you stupid and shit.

I made a statement.

Not an assessment of why blacks are dying at a higher rate

I brought up Sebi as an example of black people idolizing and taking information from the wrong sources and suffering from it, instead of actual experts. Look at Nip's documentary on the dude for instance. Like he had some kind of esoteric knowledge, get out of here. Waste of time and money.

like i said not a follower/idolizer of his i was just speaking on your bit about eating habit and doctor sebi.

I say that to say, the American diet as a whole is the worst diet in the world. Everything is a processed food, and everything has a ton of grease and if not its fried. Even before the corona, the american diet was killing mfers left and right.

Im guilty too. I eat out more, and eat more fast food than I should. Staying with my parents this last month showed me how lucky I was to grow up eating all this good shit. And my parents dont know any better. My pops dropped out in the fifth grade, moms never went to school. They just eat what they ate growing up, which in the middle east and the broader mediterranean is a ton of vegetables, fruits, and meat (nh).

I made a statement.

Not an assessment of why blacks are dying at a higher rate

Fam its impossible to point at one thing.

A bad diet is a huge part of it. So is the fact that the average african american wont get the same care as the average white person in a hospital.

Shit is systematic. Its to the point where even none racists have been programmed to value black lives less. They dont even realize they are doing. Its been ingrained in the system here for so long, its just beat into peoples subconscious now.

The average african american diet being bad is purposefully done and systematic too.

Lets not forget, culture is nothing but learned behavior. Kids learn to eat what their parents eat. So if you put a ton of fast food resturants where I live, and put me in a situation where I got to work 12 hours a day just to survive, what you think im gonna feed my kids? And then what are my kids gonna learn to feed their kids? Vicious cycle.

This should be its own thread. No need to derail this one further.

Ny getting purged. Damn.

So blacks are dying disproportionately IN AMERICAN HOSPITAL CARE MORE THAN ANY OTHER RACE because of their eating habits and because they listen to dr.sebi.
But this trend is happening nowhere else on the planet.

Got ya.

Thanks man.

View attachment 262685

Nigga actually had the nerve to hit post on that shit.
Lmao, all of these posts and you still haven't refuted shit. You realize that, right? You really should have ignored me, bro, because you're obviously having a bad time here. Like I said, I explained why we're being hit hard by the virus and for whatever reason, you can't even comprehend it. I even put it in nice little parenthesis for you and you still can't get it. I don't know what else to tell you.

Also, you think running to a bunch of other tinfoils in the other thread is going to help you?

:pathetic:

Lmao, triangulating like a baby. You should stay there, you might feel better in a safe space/echo chamber.

Bruh common sense aint common people are so damn stupid.. When i hear stupid in most cases injust let it lie.. They are none the wiser they marinate in their own stupidity thinking they said a thing and everyone else wins because the stupidity is not given a platform by debating it, it just dies

I be trying to ignore but I cant

HEALTH & FITNESS
Californians may have developed some herd immunity to coronavirus last year, Stanford team theorizes

By ABC7.com staff
Friday, April 10, 2020 1:28AM
6091032_040920-kabc-herd-immunity-finger-test.jpg

EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS

Stanford researchers are investigating if undetected coronavirus may have hit California last year, helping the state develop an early herd immunity.

LOS ANGELES -- New York state has half the population of California but has experienced 14 times as many deaths from coronavirus.

Experts are looking into several possibilities as to why California hasn't been hit as hard.

The trend has been particularly surprising, experts say, given the state has a large number of people in poverty and homelessness, and saw a substantial amount of travel to and from China last year.

One theory centers around the idea of herd immunity - the concept that a large percentage of a population has already contracted and become immune to an infection, slowing the rate at which it spreads to others.

MORE: Expert explains how herd immunity could contribute to slowing spread of COVID-19
6071274_040220herd.jpg

How does herd immunity work? A UC professor breaks down the concept.
Stanford researchers are looking into the possibility that coronavirus first hit California undetected last year, much earlier than anyone realized, and was only seen at that time as a particularly nasty and early flu season.

As a result, the theory says, many Californians have already unknowingly been exposed to the coronavirus and have developed immunity to it.

"When you look at other states, it doesn't quite explain completely why California has been more fortunate, especially when it should be the least fortunate," said Victor Davis Hanson, senior fellow with the Hoover Institution at Stanford University.

To investigate that idea, researchers are testing people for antibodies that indicate a previously undiagnosed infection that was defeated by the body's immune system.

The Stanford researchers tested 3,200 volunteers at three testing sites in the Bay Area. They are expected to publish the conclusions of their study in several weeks.

The state had a significant amount of travel to and from China last year - some 8,000 Chinese visitors a day at California's airports. Wuhan, China is considered the origin point of the novel coronavirus. It first came to public attention there in December 2019, but researchers are looking at whether it had been around much earlier than that.

"Something is going on that we haven't quite found out yet," Hanson said. "When you calculate as well there were people on direct flights, from San Francisco and LAX to Wuhan, ground zero of the outbreak, you'd be naive not to think the California population wasn't exposed."

In addition to the Stanford study, USC and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health are starting a pilot test for coronavirus antibodies in LA County residents.

MORE: How many coronavirus cases in Southern California? See map by location

The tests of 1,000 adults will take place at six drive-through sites throughout the county.

The goal is to determine how many people in the county were already exposed to COVID-19, to get a more accurate picture of how far the virus has spread beyond the current testing of those who are showing symptoms. The test participants have already been selected and the first tests begin Friday and Saturday.

Outside of the studies, a similar finger-stick serology test is also offered at places like Hollywood Urgent Care. It can tell in minutes if a person has already developed coronavirus antibodies. It's the same kind of test used to examine if a person is immune to chickenpox or measles, for example.

"This test will tell you if you had it or not," said Dr. Morris Kokhab, with UrgentMED. "It's basically like when you check your titer for varicella or MMR."

Knowing who has immunity can help get people back to jobs. But for those without immunity, it could be a while.

Dr. Anthony Fauci with the National Institutes of Health says even with the concept of herd immunity, "Ultimately, the answer is going to be a vaccine."

Fauci says dozens of vaccine makers are in the race of their lives.

Among them is San Diego-based Inovio. The company is looking for 40 volunteers to test a potential vaccine. If it's safe, they hope to test the vaccine on 1 million people by the end of the year.

"In my entire career I have never felt the kind of pressure that we are under at the moment," said Kate Broderick, senior vice president of research and development with the company.

There's a lot riding on it.

Mathematical modeling based on China's outbreak suggests if lockdowns across the globe are completely lifted, a second wave of illness could come flooding back unless a vaccine is found.

Back