Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

They not using Bam properly?

At this point i’m inclined to say he’s not a C on this team

probably PF but I’ve been vocal about Spo using Bam for dribble handoffs too much and it’s partially a reason why I want Duncan gone

also when bam thinned out for the bubble I really didn’t think he could be a C anymore

Last edited:

They not using Bam properly?

No, the Heat uses him fine. Most NBA players look good in a practice open run setting. Javale Mcgee looks like the best player ever.

Bam hesitates when his man sags off him because he don't have the moves or the gathers to get all the way to rim. He ends up passing up one on one opportunities worse than Ben Simmons. His jumper is deliberate despite having good wrist motion.

If Bam could go crazy like he does in that clip, he would be best in the league.

No, the Heat uses him fine. Most NBA players look good in a practice open run setting. Javale Mcgee looks like the best player ever.

Bam hesitates when his man sags off him because he don't have the moves or the gathers to get all the way to rim. He ends up passing up one on one opportunities worse than Ben Simmons. His jumper is deliberate despite having good wrist motion.

If Bam could go crazy like he does in that clip, he would be best in the league.
I agree with the bulk of what you said

but Miami could maximize his talents on offense better. A lot is on him as well

also I agree Bam not doing nothing in the clip for majority of the game lol

I agree with the bulk of what you said

but Miami could maximize his talents on offense better. A lot is on him as well

also I agree Bam not doing nothing in the clip for majority of the game lol

I don't think Miami could use him better with what he got though because he's too little to play like Deandre Ayton, who just stands around him waiting for someone to throw him a lob or miss a shot so he can put it back. He isn't skilled enough one on one to play like Embiid. He can't space the floor, so has to play near the rim. He isn't like Giannis who plays like a running back in transition, looking to score.

I think the best thing that Miami did was make him into passing station on offense so he can utilize his ball handling and speed in space in the half court. Teams aren't gonna leave Bam alone at the elbow or the top of key, so he opens up opportunities for cutters and three point shooters flying around out there. If a team does decide to hedge his hand off, he can roll to the basket, if they stay on him, his teammate gets a wide open shot.

Unless Bam comes back next season, playing like a Embiid, I don't see his role on offense changing because I don't think there's anything more he can do.

I think the most realistic thing he gonna do is speed up his jumper so it is more of a one motion shot and adding a 3 point shot. If he could stand in the corner and hit the corner 3 at 40 percent, he would unlock more of Miami's offense.

I usually ride with KD but I think he's being a little too sensitive on this one. An all time great offered a critique, no need for feelings. Especially when the same man has called you maybe the best scorer ever.

Scottie Pippen is hating though. How you gonna tell someone who put up one of the greatest playoff performances of all time, with his best teammates injured that he don't know how to play team basketball because he ain't dishing the ball to got damn Bruce Brown or Mike James in the playoffs?

When Lebron loss Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving, he played the exact same way that KD did. He took almost ever shot and only passed when the others were wide open or if he was cut off from the rim.

KD's right. KD got enough career accolades and all time great performances where he don't need to hear disingenuous talk from a known hater.

I remember when Scottie Pippen was like, Lebron James play more like me than Michael Jordan. Such a a weird, insecure man when it comes to his playing career.

RJ next year gonna win MIP after getting the team canada experience
I can't wait for his improvement the dude is such a gym rat and I believe Raps coach was showing love to him a couple weeks ago about him on Team Can.

They getting killed on the boards gotdamn

I don't think they will get killed at all.

Kevin Durant, Draymond and Jayson Tatum averaged 7 for this year. Bam averaged 9 rebounds. Kevin Love averaged 7.5 rebs in 24 minutes.

Team USA since the Redeem Team has never emphasized the center position, always favored forwards that can slide up a position.

The Redeem team only had Carlos Boozer, Dwight Howard and Chis Bosh at C. And Chris Bosh was the leading rebounder.

The 2012 team only had Kevin Love, Tyson Chandler and a rookie AD for C. Kevin Durant was the leading rebounder.

tenor.gif

The return.
Time out😂😂

Scottie Pippen is hating though. How you gonna tell someone who put up one of the greatest playoff performances of all time, with his best teammates injured that he don't know how to play team basketball because he ain't dishing the ball to got damn Bruce Brown or Mike James in the playoffs?

When Lebron loss Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving, he played the exact same way that KD did. He took almost ever shot and only passed when the others were wide open or if he was cut off from the rim.

KD's right. KD got enough career accolades and all time great performances where he don't need to hear disingenuous talk from a known hater.

I remember when Scottie Pippen was like, Lebron James play more like me than Michael Jordan. Such a a weird, insecure man when it comes to his playing career.

I don't see it that way. Nothing in that statement came off as hate to me. Just his assessment of what went wrong. He praises KD any other time and nobody bats an eye.

I've always followed team Canada heavy waiting for them to kick in the door.

RJ's pops used to be a big mainstay on those teams with nash, and Sherman Hamilton (Raptors analyst). They were hooping.

Now RJs pops is the gm for team Canada.
I've heard yall have a nice squad and only because of rest and injuries a lot of the main starters won't be there.

I don't see it that way. Nothing in that statement came off as hate to me. Just his assessment of what went wrong. He praises KD any other time and nobody bats an eye.
The man just said he didn’t know how to play team basketball in a team game

the old heads can criticize but it gotta be the ones who still enjoy watching the game and can give an opinion that don’t cheat the game

tim Legler been doing his thing for years without pushback. He keep it about the game and dont feed into the BS

Back