Welcome To aBlackWeb

Retro Gaming Thread

I realized how much older systems can be an inconvenience...hooked up a ps2 I bought with 20 games went to play the first one and completely forgot about a fucking memory card lol..still was worth it.

I still have a PS2 and it's from the original run of them (got it in 2002). Still works, I typically use it to play the few PSX games I still have 'cause I never bought any PS2 games for it.

Kinda figured it would come to this eventually. The majority of online PC games thrived because of private servers. Shit, you can still find active Quakeworld, Q2, Q3A, Unreal, and Unreal Tournament 99 servers online right now and those games been around since Bill Clinton was in office.

It'd be nice if Sony and 'nem would release patches for these older consoles so they could take advantage of private servers more easily.

Beat super Mario bros 2 for the first time in like forever. Moving on to Zelda link to the past

there was a point in time where I could run Super Mario 2 without using a single continue.

Might just fire that shit up to see how far I've fallen.

Any of y'all ever try RetroPie for the Raspberry Pi?

I just pulled my RasPi 3 out and I'm re-installing it tonight. I had it on there briefly but ended up having to remove it 'cause I needed the Pi for some client work.

Finally got around to downloading a Dreamcast Emulator (ReDream for PC) and played Cannon Spike and Dynamite Cop. Both games are wild and absurd but thats what makes them classic. Gonna try Zombies Revenge soon.

Finally got around to downloading a Dreamcast Emulator (ReDream for PC) and played Cannon Spike and Dynamite Cop. Both games are wild and absurd but thats what makes them classic. Gonna try Zombies Revenge soon.

How compatible is ReDream? I use NullDC and it's compatibility it pretty good, but it's a tad clunky when it comes to configuring it.

Back