Welcome To aBlackWeb

Golden

Administrator
I wash with African black soap 1-2x a week
I usually wash with garnier fructis conditioner or suave naturals conditioner
I use coconut oil to moisturize it most days
In the summer I make a leave in conditioner by mixing coconut oil with shea butter n aloe vera gel sometimes, which a attracts moisture to it.

On rest n recooperation days:
I use henna powder to make protein masks, it bonds to the hair and makes your hair strands stronger
or I use aloe vera gel n olive oil to make a moisturizing deep conditioner
^I recommend anyone rotate between those 2. when ur hair is in a funk n u r not doin anything damaging, its usually either buildup (needs cleansing) or it needs the protein or moisture rebalanced

what do u do?

Crush up the finest of nuts NH and berries to give my waves that sheen
only the finest for you my nigga
Oil my scalp with avocado oil every 3 days. Wash my shit about every week and a half
love avocado oil but its pricy af where I am right nah. what do you wash with?

also is there any specific wash method or summin for your locs?
Coconut oil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
saw a man with superb freeform locs today n thought of you. ya'll gotta make a men's natural hair thread to post your pics.

love avocado oil but its pricy af where I am right nah. what do you wash with?

also is there any specific wash method or summin for your locs?
I use design essentials products. I use a cleansing shampoo, then a conditioning shampoo, then a conditioner. I let the conditioner sit while I finish my shower.
I try to wash early enough to were it will air dry but if I dont make it I will sit under the dryer. Don't wanna walk around smelling like mildew

I cowash on Wednesdays. I detangle my hair with Aloe Vera juice first then cowash with any Organix conditioner. I apply coconut oil over my hair and rinse out the the excess. Then twist it and let it dry and I might rock the twist out or a high puff or bun. Sunday's I deep condition with either something I bought or if I have my own that I made, I'll use that. Then follow with the twist out and bam. Once or twice a month, I use stank ass apple cider vinegar. Sometimes, I'll try new things with diffferent oils and stuff.

I use design essentials products. I use a cleansing shampoo, then a conditioning shampoo, then a conditioner. I let the conditioner sit while I finish my shower.
I try to wash early enough to were it will air dry but if I dont make it I will sit under the dryer. Don't wanna walk around smelling like mildew
what are the benefits of using the conditioning shampoo after the cleansing one?

I let mine air dry too but I'm told using a hairdryer on a cold/cool setting is not damaging at all. used the hotel hairdryers like that bcuz I didnt have time to airdry on vacation. im a curly natural tho so the handheld hairdryer made mine a lil frizzy but it was worth the speed

do u got a hooded dryer at home?

what are the benefits of using the conditioning shampoo after the cleansing one?

I let mine air dry too but I'm told using a hairdryer on a cold/cool setting is not damaging at all. used the hotel hairdryers like that bcuz I didnt have time to airdry on vacation. im a curly natural tho so the handheld hairdryer made mine a lil frizzy but it was worth the speed

do u got a hooded dryer at home?

Well the cleansing pretty much takes everything out, including the oils that you need, the moisturizing shampoo puts some of that back in.

Yup i have a hooded dryer, I have locs so i dont have to worry about heat damage at all. You can buy an attachment for your blow dryer to make it a a hooded, works super well

71DKm6TvhaL._SL1500_.jpg 1564436.JPG
I wash my hair with shampoo once a week and condition every other day. I use the curl hydration on occasion but not in this weather cause my hair stays pretty wet/moisturized throughout the day w/o it. I was using Clairol purple shampoo for the blonde in my hair but I'm going back to black soon so I won't have to worry about that.

I use Aloe Vera gel for the hair on my head and my beard.

I may revisit using coconut oil hair and skincare again.

Didn't like the greasy feeling the first time around.

Yeah I don't mess with oils cause they oily lol

Years ago, I used to use regular conditioner, not the leave-in kind, on wet hair as a replacement for pink lotion into to avoid feeling greasy.

Shit held my hair in place and had that 360 action too, :yup:.

Stopped using it for whatever reason.

I use Aloe Vera gel for the hair on my head and my beard.

I may revisit using coconut oil hair and skincare again.

Didn't like the greasy feeling the first time around.
Melt coconut oil and whip it with icy cold aloe vera gel. 1 third coconut oil, 2 thirds aloe gel. Let it set. The watery texture of the gel will offset tthe greasiness. Bonus if you can shave a lil off the aloe ratio and add in some shea butter or summin. the waxiness takes it to new levels my nigga.

Melt coconut oil and whip it with icy cold aloe vera gel. 1 third coconut oil, 2 thirds aloe gel. Let it set. The watery texture of the gel will offset tthe greasiness. Bonus if you can shave a lil off the aloe ratio and add in some shea butter or summin. the waxiness takes it to new levels my nigga.

Thanks boo.

You going to have me looking like this nigga...

hereditaryhair_6355.jpg

I usually take a shower and shampoo it most days. This girl i know says that i shouldnt shampoo everyday to allow sebum(sp?) to build up and sebum is good for my hair and scalp apparently.

I get a really dry scalp sometimes and usually keep my hair short. When it gets bad i will just brush against my hair and flakes will go everywhere! When it gets that bad I will take some coconut oil or teatree oil and massage it into my scalp and let it sit there for some hours. Sometimes it helps.

I usually take a shower and shampoo it most days. This girl i know says that i shouldnt shampoo everyday to allow sebum(sp?) to build up and sebum is good for my hair and scalp apparently.

I get a really dry scalp sometimes and usually keep my hair short. When it gets bad i will just brush against my hair and flakes will go everywhere! When it gets that bad I will take some coconut oil or teatree oil and massage it into my scalp and let it sit there for some hours. Sometimes it helps.
I got a whole lotta info for you but Ion wanna flood this thread. PM me the products you use (brands and errythang) if you want, I too had a dry scalp i had 2 keep in check so I might be able to help.

I used to love hair. Now I hate hair. Well, I hate doin it. I try to keep my routine short as possible, but it's hard keeping a style for more than a day or two. Im still trying to find the right products to stay moisturized. I use so many things yall, I cant even name them all lol. Most of my regime is filled with conditoners and moisturizers. My gets dry fast. I cant even keep a hair style past 2 days bc I start lookin like Mufasa and a troll doll by day 3. But I usually cowash once a week and wear two strand twists. I be struggling mane.

I use Shea Moisture Black Castor Oil shampoo, Motions for Deep conditioning, Blue Magic for grease, and Cantu curling creme to keep my curls poppin'. It's a lot of diff products but ever since going natural dec 2015, these seem to work on my hair the best, especially since I strip and bleach for my colors.

I wash once a week, deep condition every 2. Grease it every day and use my cantu curl creme maybe 3x a week, I do that to avoid build up.

Back