Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Official Motherhood Thread

I don't wanna wait too late bc I still want to be able to dab, hit them folks, and cat daddy by the time my child(ren) start college. Momma got a life too.

I have pcos as well...I get maybe 3 periods/year if I'm not on birth control. I haven't conceived yet but I know I'm destined to have a child in my life.

My mom was adopted and she turned out wonderful...I have a feeling I'll be doing the same.

In the meantime time I have a nephew born in February, one that's 6 years old in Florida, and two little sisters.

I knew we had a special vibe

giphy.gif

Motherhood hasn't always been in my specific plans but it's always been in my deepest wants. This thread is the kind of thing I hoped would be created in this section. I love how you have all been willing to be vulnerable and experience sisterhood, and it aint even page 2 yet.

I was diagnosed with PCOS back in Jan/Feb, one of the symptoms is infertility because of lack of ovaluation. That was a hard discussion to have with my love but he’s been so supportive❤️ I’ve come in contact with a woman who through lifestyle changes birthed her first son. She’s created a community of women just like me and these women have given so much hope and support. My love and I are starting our first 30 day PCOS challenge that removes all foods and toxins that aren’t good for my body in order to conceive. Motherhood is important for us and I pray that we get to experience it.
Keep your head up mama. Thought I'd never conceive due to PCOS. Then bam I'm pregnant with twins...lost them... thought I'd never recover from the loss then boom... I'm pregnant again and I'm looking at her right now living her best life.

Keep your head up mama. Thought I'd never conceive due to PCOS. Then bam I'm pregnant with twins...lost them... thought I'd never recover from the loss then boom... I'm pregnant again and I'm looking at her right now living her best life.

I’m so sorry for your loss BUT I’m elated for your baby girl! Thank you for sharing your story, all of y’all stories are giving me so much hope and happiness!! My ovaries and I are excited

giphy.gif

You were able to have a full pregnancy and give birth to a healthy baby girl so your positive energy have the magic I need :cry:

After I lost my first pregnancy I just knew it wasn’t meant. Don’t let the negative things you read about PCOS discourage you though. I started during research on what to look for when ovulating, I kid you not.. I ovulated once in 2015 and that’s when I got pregnant.

My friend lost her baby 2 days ago. She also has PCOS. I told her not to give up. I’ve been there and wouldn’t wish it on any mother at any stage of pregnancy. It’s written in the stars.

Oh yeah and we don’t need periods, we can still ovulate without a period. I did so much research lol.

Reactions: Lea
To all of you diagnosed with PCOS/Endometriosis, ask your doctor to check and screen you for Adenomyosis (Is where the cells from the lining of your womb are found in the muscle wall - can cause life-limiting symptoms including heavy bleeding and extreme pain) - requires Ultrasound and MRI

My friend was diagnosed with PCOS and 7 miscarriages later, they worked out that what she actually had was adenomyosis, she had her daughter after one more miscarriage.

https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/patient-information/gynaecology/adenomyosis.pdf

http://www.futureofpersonalhealth.c...-her-fertility-struggles-and-staying-positive

Ok so one thing I am going through is the balance of desires to be free,travel and all the things I feel make me me. I have learned so much on how I hold on to the "idea" of what a mother "should" be doing. The I put my child before all mentality and feeling guilty when I do get time to myself. The oh well I should be happy I have a child ,because so many women can't, that any negative thought or complaint about being a mom is insinuating I don't love my child. Also I think it sucks because I think my mother and I would have bonded so much in this part of my life. Not having your mom or your mother figure is tough. It's always said it's takes a village to raise a child. Well I realize that village is also meant to help support the mother mentally, spiritually and physically.

I used to have terrible mom guilt when I was raising my oldest, but now I know better because A. My son is not going to be a little one forever and B. I can't be the best mom to my kids if I'm constantly giving from a empty cup. So while I may not be able to exactly what when I want, I do make self care a priority.

My child is starting to be extra clingy lately. How do/did you balance showing affection but not over coddling your child. I find myself saying you don't need mommy to help or do this for you.Also I feel like because he is around his baby cousin more he is picking up on her behavior 🤔.

Also just want to say whomever needs to hear....your a great mother.💜

Back