Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Official Fishing Thread: Any one here fish?

That's what I'm talking about!

What kind of chub is that? I've only ever seen small creek chub around here. They normally are used for bait.

we only have one type of chub over here, I generally use the smaller ones (1lb-3lb) for pike bait but they can get to around 10lb

I don't have a boat so i fish from the bank the majority of the time. I got skunked enough as a child fishing with my pops to know when to pack up and dip as an adult lol.

Aint nothing worse than leaving 3 shades darker with mosquito bites and dehydration with no fish to show for it. Lol

How long you stay in one spot?

What kind of fish do you normally catch in salt water where you are? I know fishing saltwater is a whole different ballgame compared to fishing a lake or river.

And what's your favorite fish to catch/keep?

Off the rocks or docks the most common ones are

Yellow Grunts - Im not sure if that's what they're actually called but they make this weird noise when you pull them out the water that sounds like grunting lol
Chubs - They tend to shit themselves when you pull them out the water... lol its gross
Squirrelfish - I hate these bastards.. you dont handle them the right way they can cut the hell out of your hand
Breams - I haven't caught too many of these
Rockfish if ur lucky
You might catch parrotfish which are beautiful but you gotta throw those back in, it's a protected species

My brother caught a cowfish once off a dock.. I thought that shit was an alien or some shit as a kid.. never seen a fish with lips before lol

Last edited:
i got bass and some other shit right outside and cant catch nothing

:Will:

only tried a few times.....oh and there's still the turtle problem

i got bass and some other shit right outside and cant catch nothing

:Will:

only tried a few times.....oh and there's still the turtle problem

Bruh....you got a private pond?!

My wife would never see me lol.

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
i know, im bullshittin

Do yall feed them?

I have a lake like 10 minutes from my house. They're a boat house where they sell bait and tackle and you can fish around it. I never catch anything around there tho. Found out they feed the fish around the boathouse every day so they are trained and rarely bite anything but minnows from time to time.

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
nah, just in the beginning

we were just talking about starting to feed them again tho

Any of you all ever fished a gravel pit?

That's how my pops got me hooked on fishing as a kid. Caught some of the biggest bluegill/large mouth bass I've ever caught back then. It was abandoned for years and not a lot of people fished it so we used to clean up when we would fish there.

It was a hike to get there tho so we didn't go all the time. The land got bought and it got turned into a private lake so they ruined it. I'm still salty...

nah, just in the beginning

we were just talking about starting to feed them again tho

Ion know nothing about pond maintenance lol. I heard it's hard to keep crappie and bass in a pond that isn't over a certain size because they basically eat each other's fry. But im sure you got some monsters hiding in there somewhere if you're not fishing it.

You know what kind of fish in there?

Back