Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Obama - Yall EXTRA "woke" twitter folks aren't real activists (paraphrasing)

I think you're looking a little too deep into this, he is simply saying all that internet armchair scholar/warrior talk with the condescending tone and belittling words is for the birds in one aspect and counterproductive in the the other.

I think calling out people for who they are and calling their actions is not for the birds. If Obama, Michelle, Oprah, doesn't speak the hard honest truth about issues that are affecting black people then they should be belittled and called out.

He wants black folks to ease up on his actions which are not the hard honest truth. No. Keep your foot on these tip-toe'n, safe niggas coons necks.

What was stated was that woke means hard honest truth, and how safe black folks, coons and whites can't accept the hard honest truth about society. When that goes against the person's views who doesn't accept the hard honest truth about society, they label you as woke.

I stated that John Brown was more woke than Obama, John Brown spoke the hard honest truth about what was going on and tried to do something about it.

Obama is not speaking the hard honest truth and he is not doing anything for black folks to try and change the narrative or state of black people

That's what woke means.

Malcolm did the same thing, spoke the hard honest truth and tried changing the state of black folks, that's why he would be consider as woke today, Obama wouldn't be.

That's the basic of what woke means

I cast'd no idealogy, no hocus pocus, none of that stuff that's been associated with woke people. I just gave you examples of what is woke. Simple

That was stated by you. No one else has agreed to that definition and in reality it seems like you just made that shit up to support some other bullshit argument you were making that didn't pan out.

It seems like you have a habit of arguing from a perspective where you consider yourself to the absolute authority on what truth is which makes you infallible in your own opinion - a side effect of that is it means you are unable to learn. You have a learning disability. No offense.

I think you know there is an entirely different side of woke culture; perhaps devolved from the roots that you described.

A culture that is experienced largely on Social Media and one that is hyper focused on pointing out potential and alleged indiscretions and areas of “impurity” even amongst those actually working to address the very issues that you referenced in your post.

They are the mirror image of the alt right and conservative culture that consists of an army of keyboard warriors whining and cryjng about every small, insignificant detail while completely missing the big picture and the complexity of being an activist and affecting real change in society.

They make things harder for all us.

Because what they do is allow conservative voices to conflate their petty, myopic, cowardly voices with the actual activism and work towards addressing the REAL systemic issues that we face as a community.

That is the shit we are speaking about in this thread.

If the black people who are speaking the hard honest truth, 9 times out of 10 they are doing something to try and help change the narrative or social life for black people, if it they are not doing anything, but just posting the hard honest truth of the reality we live in, that's good enough.

Where is the problem??

We have black folks who can't accept the hard honest truth, What are they for black people to change the landscape for black people in this society, the coons, sambos, safe niggas??

Calling out things and shinning light on issues and speaking the hard honest truth about things is doing a lot.

We need more keyboard warriors in my opinion, shinning light on the hard honest truth. I don't think that's a negative thing to have keyboard warriors shinning light and speaking the truth about issues.

If the big picture isn't helping or changing the landscape of black people in this society, then for me, there's no big picture.

What Obama said, what's the big picture?? To not call out things unless you're able to do something about it?? He could have, according to Bryon Allen, given black people their media platform, but he said No.

How about get on the folks who they are speaking about, your Obamas, your politicians who are not doing a dayum thing, to improve the lives of black folks.

That was stated by you. No one else has agreed to that definition and in reality it seems like you just made that shit up to support some other bullshit argument you were making that didn't pan out.

It seems like you have a habit of arguing from a perspective where you consider yourself to the absolute authority on what truth is which makes you infallible in your own opinion - a side effect of that is it means you are unable to learn. You have a learning disability. No offense.

What's your definition of the word woke???

Obama

Marcus Garvey

Malcolm X

Stockley Carmicheal

John Brown

Using your definition of the word woke, who would be woke, and why?

I think calling out people for who they are and calling their actions is not for the birds. If Obama, Michelle, Oprah, doesn't speak the hard honest truth about issues that are affecting black people then they should be belittled and called out.

He wants black folks to ease up on his actions which are not the hard honest truth. No. Keep your foot on these tip-toe'n, safe niggas coons necks.
Vinegar flavor gets you nowhere and again it's not what you say, but how you say it. Ppl get defensive when they feel attacked instead hearing some needed truth. You can get your message across plenty... look at how Malcolm debated... he was clear, concise, and factual without all the resounding hard hits of his speech. You didn't see him belittling James Baldwin in their debate.

Last edited:
People don't demonize being woke...people demonize those who are and have used it as a come up and money making tool. And also used negatively towards those "Oh ya'll laughing/enjoying *insert random thing here* but it's just because THEY want you to be distracted" types who swear you can't laugh and enjoy life at any point without somehow forgetting the struggles of being black in this world

Basically....

ya'll can have woke, i'ma keep saying "niggas not ready to be unplugged from the matrix"

When niggas championing this take dont realize they the ones beezy was talkin about.....

:hahaha:

Obama is also talking about himself.
He wasn't that much better for black folks during his term.
The recent Byron Allen interview further exposed that.

Obama ain't burnt his knee pads and I doubt he ever will.
Meanwhile real black activist have been really walking and talking it for years already.
So it's comical watching his fans swoon over him for something so rudimentary and hypocritical.

Obama is also talking about himself.
He wasn't that much better for black folks during his term.
The recent Byron Allen interview further exposed that.

Obama ain't burnt his knee pads and I doubt he ever will.
Meanwhile real black activist have been really walking and talking it for years already.
So it's comical watching his fans swoon over him for something so rudimentary and hypocritical.
Who is acting like he said something revolutionary tho?

Did you really interpret TALK THAT SHIT BEEZY as I was amazed at what he said???? Fam you exactly the niggas he talkin about lmaoooo.

I agreed with the statement. That's all that was. Relax.

That's just one example
But that phrase and all caps, does fit the bill.
Internet etiquette being what it is.
Regardless my point still stands.

That's just one example
But that phrase and all caps, does fit the bill.
Internet etiquette being what it is.
Regardless my point still stands.
tenor.gif

Aite fam you got it.

Vinegar flavor gets you nowhere and again it's not what you say, but how you say it. Ppl get defensive when they feel attacked instead hearing some needed truth. You can get your message across plenty... look st how Malcolm debated... he was clear, concise, and factual without all the resounding hard hits of his speech. You didn't see him belittling James Baldwin in their debate.

Malcolm had no issue with calling other black folks coons and sambos, He called MLK one and many others.

Right, but what I said is when it came to debates he moved different. His calling out was the attention grabber.

Malcolm would always address the weak-minded coon black man. He would address how the black man that is in a position to not understand what's going on around him and lay out the reason. I don't think Malcolm moved different. He called out sambos, coons and safe niggas. He pointed out their reasons/views. He was firm and direct and also unapologetic when calling out these weak black men.

He made sure to address and point out coons, sambos and safe negros, the house negro when he had his debates.

That's pretty much what folks or the so call "woke" crowd is doing. Same tatic, different name and time

Back