Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ny Times to do a ‘1619 project’ on the history of slavery & conservative Whitey is upset. Update: ABC will be airing 2 episodes of 1619Project doc

I didn't go through all their info, so they may have covered it, but I do kinda wish they covered a little more time distinguishing slavery in 1619 from what it became. I think if people really understand that, they will understand where American racism came from. It was completely manufactured with a purpose. We pretty much know that for a fact, but no one talks about it.

You what's annoying. These fools keep painting it like we're suggesting that every history class be taught by some super Afrocentric cat that just comes in saying "All whites are evil, and the U.S. is the Devil." No one is asking for that. We're saying they should tell the full and honest truth. You can talk about the good things that the Founding Fathers did while also acknowledging that they contributed to the evils perpetrated in and by this country. You can talk about can give an honest assessment of the Westward expansion acknowledging some of the amazing things done by pioneers while also acknowledging that all that pioneering led to eventual genocide. No one is saying that you have to pain the U.S. as some pit of unquestionable evil. The point is simply that history needs to be put into perspective so that we can properly understand the effects on the present.

You what's annoying. These fools keep painting it like we're suggesting that every history class be taught by some super Afrocentric cat that just comes in saying "All whites are evil, and the U.S. is the Devil." No one is asking for that. We're saying they should tell the full and honest truth. You can talk about the good things that the Founding Fathers did while also acknowledging that they contributed to the evils perpetrated in and by this country. You can talk about can give an honest assessment of the Westward expansion acknowledging some of the amazing things done by pioneers while also acknowledging that all that pioneering led to eventual genocide. No one is saying that you have to pain the U.S. as some pit of unquestionable evil. The point is simply that history needs to be put into perspective so that we can properly understand the effects on the present.

We both know that its a political racist dog whistle. Cotton wants to be the next Trump. Theres virtually no chance that the arkansas governor or any governor of a red state adopts this as part of the ciriculum so whats even the point of bringing this up in congress?

To dog whistle.

Bigger problem is that more and more leaders of that party are choosing to do this which is sad and actually bad for blacks.

Never ceases to amaze me how these Anglo Saxon males get so mad. Like someone said, think about what they're mad at. The shyt is comical. Lol!

I'd like to see a debate about this though, maybe on Intelligence Squared or something. These white people aren't just complaining about the project. They are saying the project is false and full of lies. If the project was my brainchild and these people were saying that about it, they would have to see me on some kinda public format. I wouldn't be cool with people questioning my intellectual credibility like that.

uh wtf. I have always viewed the founding fathers as villains n i assume most blk ppl do too. Not sure why ben is so alarmed by this.

About "national unity" inspite of this, not sure why ben is speaking on the behalf of blk ppl.

Problem is ppl like ben n fox news cant be taken seriously. They have a clear agenda n are not arguing in good faith.

Back