Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry man I think the fellas tired of me complaining over Bol
It's cool man. I did some research and see he has weight issues, as well as lacking mobility in quick cuts as well as lack of heart issues. But dude does has potential. He cooked Marvin Bagels in highschool, is probably one of the best shooters in the draft, and with you guys organization and culture you may be able to extract more out of him.

Sorry man I think the fellas tired of me complaining over Bol
It was written....

th

Hope we can land Carson Edwards in the 2nd but it Seems like there will be a lot of interesting bigs on the board in the mid first early 2nd rnd. Guys like Johntay Okeke Samanic Naz. Id be on board with taking a swing on one of those guys.

It's cool man. I did some research and see he has weight issues, as well as lacking mobility in quick cuts as well as lack of heart issues. But dude does has potential. He cooked Marvin Bagels in highschool, is probably one of the best shooters in the draft, and with you guys organization and culture you may be able to extract more out of him.
I clicked lol because of marvin bagles

But my thing is miami doesn't need him with olynyk on the team as he's a stretch big and bam looks like he'll shoot more midrange jumpers next year himself.

I mean bol helps defensively also but with bam already here it's like why use the pick on another big when that's the only position we actually are solid at?

Why worry about a frail big man coming off foot surgery that has motor issues when you don't have to?

I didn't realize until this past season that I didn't respect players who just score the ball well on their own. Not until I saw that this team work so hard with dribble handoffs and screen and rolls just to get the chance to score. I don't want any projects, I don't want anybody who can't score on their own and I don't want anybody prone to injury because of previous history or body type.

Give me somebody who you can give the ball to in iso and can make a basket.

Right now we currently have 1 and a half players that can do that

Dion
J rich is half way there

I bet if manute never played in Miami I wouldn't see so many bol bol posts from journalists in Miami

Fuck who his dad was the nigga only played here for 8 games.

To me it's just novelty

Instead of Bol Bol just buy a 2nd rounder and draft tacko fall or trade Duncan Robinson for thon maker and shut the fuck up with all this novelty shit

I bet my account Bol doesn't play more than 15 mins a game for the next 3 seasons

I'd rather have dragan Bender

Bol bol is not a lottery pick

Hearing good things about Grant Williams from Tennessee
Was hearing the same, but seems like he was underwhelming in the scrimmages at the combine.

His draft stock is most going to hinge on if he can convince teams he can knock down the three consistently. He already has all that intangible stuff in his locker.

Hey guys I have a question I thought was interesting...when you are Scouting players...what do you look for?
In today’s NBA, first thing I look for is the three point shot. That shit opens up a large portion of a player’s game. If a player can hit a three point shot consistently, I automatically downgrade them a bit (even centers).

The other things I look for will mostly depend on the position of the player.

Was hearing the same, but seems like he was underwhelming in the scrimmages at the combine.

His draft stock is most going to hinge on if he can convince teams he can knock down the three consistently. He already has all that intangible stuff in his locker.
Oh? I thought the good things I heard were from the scrimmage? I could be wrong

In today’s NBA, first thing I look for is the three point shot. That shit opens up a large portion of a player’s game. If a player can hit a three point shot consistently, I automatically downgrade them a bit (even centers).

The other things I look for will mostly depend on the position of the player.

I look at:

Height
On ball defense
Shot creation
Touch around rim
Passing
Athleticism
Shooting form
FT shooting
Nose for the ball on defense/after a miss

Probably first

Oh? I thought the good things I heard were from the scrimmage? I could be wrong
I guess this is a case of "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

If u had no idea of what type of player he was, u would have been impressed with his pass first attitude, team work and communication on the floor.

If u were already aware of those things, u would have been looking for him to be more assertive and show more sides of his game especially since he was one of the few guaranteed first round picks in the scrimmages. He came into the combine as a high floor player, he needed to show there might be a higher ceiling to his game than was presumed. From the info i have gathered, does not look like he did that.

I guess this is a case of "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

If u had no idea of what type of player he was, u would have been impressed with his pass first attitude, team work and communication on the floor.

If u were already aware of those things, u would have been looking for him to be more assertive and show more sides of his game especially since he was one of the few guaranteed first round picks in the scrimmages. He came into the combine as a high floor player, he needed to show there might be a higher ceiling to his game than was presumed. From the info i have gathered, does not look like he did that.
Yeah I also heard he was taking a risk by participating

I look at:

Height
On ball defense
Shot creation
Touch around rim
Passing
Athleticism
Shooting form
FT shooting
Nose for the ball on defense/after a miss

Probably first

No offense... but why? No one is consulting y’all about the draft. lls

Niggas out here giving themselves homework they’ll never have to turn in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back