Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW NAS - Lost Tapes 2

Rate: Lost Tapes 2

• Total voters
Beautiful Life ON REPEAT till it breaks!

Here's the original song: 'Happy Song' - The Dynamic Superiors

After listening to this album and there will be more to digest, I give it a strong 4.
I'm not mad at Jarreau Of Rap. It's cool but it's not a song I'm gonna go straight to.
Royalty is ok but the hook brings the song down a few notches.
Those are my only two hiccups.
Now for what I loved about the album.
My favorites are Lost Freestyle, The Art Of It, Queens Wolf, QB Politics, and Beautiful Life. He did all those beats justice.
It's so much knowledge being dropped whether it be from his own life or his storytelling.
I know these are cuts that didn't make albums but I would love to hear him rap over some new beats with at least Pete Rock, DJ Toomp and Statik Selektah.
Also where's the album he was working on outside of that Kanye one. I refuse to believe all that time went with without another album on his own.

To the people who don't like the album or were disappointed, what did you not like about the album? Was it the beats? The lyrics?
usually with throwaway tracks, there is no cohesion and it sounds like it

i mean, he getting busy on a few tracks, but nothing really seems to come together even if its a glorified compilation of throwaways

im kinda...."surprised" at the bars that are being praised tho

but im not about to turn this into a Lupe thread

just know i see the same energy isnt being kept

Nas lyrics at this point is more about dropping wisdom for like minded individuals than crazy wordplay.

"Live young obtain wisdom and die last"

No need to break it down. Simple but it hits hard.

At 30 thats exactly what im trying to do. Dope to hear hip hop I can relate too.

Nas lyrics at this point is more about dropping wisdom for like minded individuals than crazy wordplay.

"Live young obtain wisdom and die last"

No need to break it down. Simple but it hits hard.

At 30 thats exactly what im trying to do. Dope to hear hip hop I can relate too.
this cool

I wasn't talking about bars like these though

im kinda...."surprised" at the bars that are being praised tho

but im not about to turn this into a Lupe thread

just know i see the same energy isnt being kept
This ain't fair though. Nas is Nas and Lupe is Lupe.
Nas shit more potent to me.
Coming from a Lupe fan, I don't understand all his bars. And I'm cool with that.
I ain't got time to read dissertations and essays on the bars. Lighting incense at midnight. Turning the Street Fighter arcade controller clockwise every 6 hours.
None of what I just said made sense and that's how I feel sometimes listening to Lupe.

This ain't fair though. Nas is Nas and Lupe is Lupe.
Nas shit more potent to me.
Coming from a Lupe fan, I don't understand all his bars. And I'm cool with that.
I ain't got time to read dissertations and essays on the bars. Lighting incense at midnight. Turning the Street Fighter arcade controller clockwise every 6 hours.
None of what I just said made sense and that's how I feel sometimes listening to Lupe.
its kinda hard for me to articulate my point properly via "text" but the post by Bedstuy...not picking on him, but he was the one who posted the lyrics that had the references I assume, and admittedly, while listening, I didn't catch them as I'm unfamiliar with the source. I just thought they were hot bars on a surface level that really didnt mean anything more than the words that went in and out my ears

but anybody fucking with that and not the actual layered shit Lupe be dropping...im just confused...thats all

it wasnt a slight at Nas or anything at all

its kinda hard for me to articulate my point properly via "text" but the post by Bedstuy...not picking on him, but he was the one who posted the lyrics that had the references I assume, and admittedly, while listening, I didn't catch them as I'm unfamiliar with the source. I just thought they were hot bars on a surface level that really didnt mean anything more than the words that went in and out my ears

but anybody fucking with that and not the actual layered shit Lupe be dropping...im just confused...thats all

it wasnt a slight at Nas or anything at all
I listen to Lupe but I remember a review you wrote and it was something to the effect of you're not a PHD or even close in understanding Lupe. Which means to me that you listen to him heavy and still scratching the surface with his bars. Which is fine you're a die hard fan.
All I take from it is you want the same love that was shown to Nas in Lupe threads which is cool. You want more people to share your viewpoint.
But this is Nas though. He's more gravitating. You're gonna have all types of people in these threads that love him or hate him.

I listen to Lupe but I remember a review you wrote and it was something to the effect of you're not a PHD or even close in understanding Lupe. Which means to me that you listen to him heavy and still scratching the surface with his bars. Which is fine you're a die hard fan.
All I take from it is you want the same love that was shown to Nas in Lupe threads which is cool. You want more people to share your viewpoint.
But this is Nas though. He's more gravitating. You're gonna have all types of people in these threads that love him or hate him.
ehhh...lol

not quite

but, i appreciate the respectful dialogue about this...real shit

usually with throwaway tracks, there is no cohesion and it sounds like it

i mean, he getting busy on a few tracks, but nothing really seems to come together even if its a glorified compilation of throwaways

Normally cohesion is an essential part of a good album but for something like this idk what tell you.....songs were recorded over a span of 4 albums so its going to be a little all over the place but for me thats part of the appeal, being able to go back and get the vibe and feel from prior projects is dope

Last edited:
Normally cohesion is an essential part of a good album but for something like this idk what tell you.....songs were recorded over a span of 4 albums so its going to be a little all over the place but for me thats part of the appeal to me, being able to go back and get the vibe and feel from prior projects is dope
maybe thats how i should view it...idk

I can't get excited over cuts that didnt make an album and look at them in the same vein as the cuts that made it

there is usually a GREAT reason why these end up on the cutting room floor

Back