Welcome To aBlackWeb

Anybody looking forward to this show after what we've seen from her in Hawkeye?

I still dont know much about the character but I'll tune in. Does she have any kind of powers they didnt introduce?
Outside of Kingpin I wonder who could be the big bad in her series

I still dont know much about the character but I'll tune in. Does she have any kind of powers they didnt introduce?
Outside of Kingpin I wonder who could be the big bad in her series
Her powers from the comics

Maya Lopez is an Olympic-level athlete possessing "photographic reflexes" or the uncanny ability to perfectly copy other people's movements, similar to that of the Taskmaster. Just by watching other people, she has become a concert-level pianist, a strong martial artist, a highly skilled acrobat, and a gifted ballerina (and on one occasion even piloted a Quinjet for a few minutes). In addition, she has also gained Daredevil's acrobatic abilities and Bullseye's uncanny aim after watching tapes of their fights. Along with great potential, deafness gives great drawbacks. Her absolute reliance on visual cues renders her helpless in the dark, and her ability to communicate by reading lips prevents her from taking oral commands and communicating with people who are wearing masks or are not in direct visual contact; when she initially meets the Avengers, Captain America has to repeat all of Iron Man's questions for her. However, she has been incorrectly depicted as being able to hear and respond to voices despite not seeing the person's mouth due to standing away from them or the person talking right behind her. It has since been established that Echo actually can read lips from some distance or with the corner of her eye even if the talker is wearing a mask if the mask is thin enough (as the rather simple fabric masks used by Clint Barton and Spider-Man), and relay their conversation to closer individuals. She still retains her inability to communicate with people wearing sturdier or thicker masks or fully covering their mouths.

Last edited:
Her powers from the comics

Maya Lopez is an Olympic-level athlete possessing "photographic reflexes" or the uncanny ability to perfectly copy other people's movements, similar to that of the Taskmaster. Just by watching other people, she has become a concert-level pianist, a strong martial artist, a highly skilled acrobat, and a gifted ballerina (and on one occasion even piloted a Quinjet for a few minutes). In addition, she has also gained Daredevil's acrobatic abilities and Bullseye's uncanny aim after watching tapes of their fights. Along with great potential, deafness gives great drawbacks. Her absolute reliance on visual cues renders her helpless in the dark, and her ability to communicate by reading lips prevents her from taking oral commands and communicating with people who are wearing masks or are not in direct visual contact; when she initially meets the Avengers, Captain America has to repeat all of Iron Man's questions for her. However, she has been incorrectly depicted as being able to hear and respond to voices despite not seeing the person's mouth due to standing away from them or the person talking right behind her. It has since been established that Echo actually can read lips from some distance or with the corner of her eye even if the talker is wearing a mask if the mask is thin enough (as the rather simple fabric masks used by Clint Barton and Spider-Man), and relay their conversation to closer individuals. She still retains her inability to communicate with people wearing sturdier or thicker masks or fully covering their mouths.[

damn.. if that's the case I wonder why they didnt display them taskmaster-like skills on display especially with Yelena being in the mix

damn.. if that's the case I wonder why they didnt display them taskmaster-like skills on display especially with Yelena being in the mix

Yeah, it seemed like they alluded to it when they first introduced her on the show when she was a kid learning karate.

Man she was so bland in Hawkeye, I'm just not interested in this show. Probably the first time I felt for a MCU show

My expectations kinda high now that the writers from Punisher and Daredevil are on this.

When it comes to TV, the show writers are gods. They dictate everything. Punisher and Daredevil, even without the blood and excessive swearing, are superior shows and bringing that over to Disney+ puts anticipation high.

Back