Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lil Wayne Ripped For His Response To George Floyd Killing: We Should ‘Place The Blame On Ourselves’

Still top 5 DOA

But man....this shit is disappointing

I know, yall angry and got energy just like I do.

But this...

Is doing exactly what I just described. Do you really think all of that barking and elitist snobbery is going to make the people who think like him stop and listen to you? Would you listen to anyone who talked to you like that? How exactly does that go?

"Damn... I agreed with Wayne but seeing this guy on the internet hurl insults at him and pretend to be intellectually superior is causing me to change my opinion. Thanks internet guy!"

Get out of your own way.
Ironic

Gotta demand more from artists to call them the goat.

Ali isnt the GOAT just because he was one of the best boxers. His activism is a huge part of why hes the goat. We need to hold goats in hip hop to the same standard

nah

it's jus entertainment

giphy.gif

I think Wayne could've taken the opportunity to denounce police brutality in the least. A white cop saved him, thats great but that doesnt mean police brutality isnt happening.

I think he was right to say and I hope im paraphrasing correctly, that situations should be examined meticulously. But then he dropped the ball hard when saying we need to examine ourselves. As if Black people dont already check ourselves. Like we're not denouncing drugs and fucked up shit.

A lot of celebs say things that true but dont apply very well to the situation. You ask him whats 2+2. He'll answer the sky is blue .Gases and particles in Earth's atmosphere scatter sunlight in all directions. Blue light is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time. Okay thats true..? but this is Math class bro wtf

I think Wayne could've taken the opportunity to denounce police brutality in the least. A white cop saved him, thats great but that doesnt mean police brutality isnt happening.

I think he was right to say and I hope im paraphrasing correctly, that situations should be examined meticulously. But then he dropped the ball hard when saying we need to examine ourselves. As if Black people dont already check ourselves. Like we're not denouncing drugs and fucked up shit.

A lot of celebs say things that true but dont apply very well to the situation. You ask him whats 2+2. He'll answer the sky is blue .Gases and particles in Earth's atmosphere scatter sunlight in all directions. Blue light is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time. Okay thats true..? but this is Math class bro wtf

Cosign.

But Lil Wayne isn't the problem. There's a bigger problem.

The bigger problem is that people saw the George Floyd video on the news, Facebook, or Youtube. Now all of a sudden they want to be activists and protest and they get a megaphone and start saying what they feel is the right thing to say.

Here's the problem; The issue of police brutality is deeper than the sea itself. Standing in front of city hall yelling into a megaphone, or looting a Foot Locker to get some new sneakers doesn't address the problem. In fact, many of these people that get interviewed and their sound bite goes on TV are saying things that are counterproductive. There are people who are more qualified to speak out about what's going on. People like Louis Farrakhan, Barak Obama, Colin Powell, even Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are more equipped to speak in front of a crowd about police brutality than some 22 year old college student.

We need the leaders to step up and lead and we need the protesters and so-called activists to follow. Everybody isn't built to be a leader.

Also, there's a lot of things that go on behind the scenes that the average person doesn't know about. We don't know the true numbers and statistics, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, we don't know how other countries around the world, their citizens and their leaders, feel about what's going on. We (the average protester) don't know how to go about asking other countries for help, or if other countries are already helping or not helping. I'm pretty sure the United Nations meet every day, at least during the week (Monday-Friday) I haven't seen or heard one word about what's going on at the United Nations in relation to this worldwide protest. There must be something going on at the United Nations that the media isn't reporting. I don't see how the U.N. could be ignoring what's going on.

All we really know is what we see on TV which has been edited. It's easy to bring a camera crew to a 8 hour rally and edit it down to 2 minutes and put a spin on it to make it look like either side is right or wrong depending on who edits the videotape.

What I'm saying is that people who are passionate and feel strongly and want their voices to be heard should be quiet and let the leaders lead. There's nothing worse than an uneducated person at a podium that can't articulate his ideas, or just doesn't have the knowledge to speak intelligently about what's going on.

As far as Lil Wayne is concerned, that's my point exactly. He's the wrong person to ask about socio-political issues. And that's not a diss. I respect Lil Wayne and while he's not my favorite rapper I recognize that he has a pretty decent catalog and a big fan base. But we should just listen to his music and enjoy it. Don't prop him up to be the leader of the #Black Lives Matter movement.

And having said that, we were going through similar problems back in the 1980s. The jewish media (primarily The Source) propped KRS One to be the leader of our generation (also Chuck D). KRS One dropped out of high school and never went to college. He's not qualified to lead anything because he's not really that knowledgeable (but I was 15 years old and I didn't understand that). The jewish media had KRS One going around to colleges and giving lectures, but they wouldn't support Louis Farrakhan going around to colleges and giving lectures. Louis Farrakhan was a real threat and they needed somebody or something to blow smoke and mirrors to make it appear that there was a new leader, so they (the media) picked KRS and Chuck D to be the voice of our generation when Louis Farrakhan would have been much more effective if he had the same access to media outlets.

Don't let the media fool you. Don't believe any 30-second video footage, or a 5-second sound bite.

And don't look to athletes and entertainers to be civil rights leaders, we need to let the civil rights leaders lead and follow them. They've been at it much longer than Lil Wayne or any other rapper or sports figure. I appreciate Colin Kaepernick and all he's done but I hope the media doesn't prop him up to be a civil rights leader when we already have the Nation of Islam that has mosques in every major city in America and they're organized. They have a program that's listed at the back of every issue of the Final Call that states (in part);

"6. We want an immediate end to the police brutality and mob attacks against the so-called Negro throughout the United States. We believe that the Federal government should intercede to see that black men and women tried in white courts receive justice in accordance with the laws of the land–or allow us to build a new nation for ourselves, dedicated to justice, freedom and liberty."

Back