Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lil Reese Shot And In Critical Condition

Chicago Rapper Lil Reese remained in critical condition Tuesday morning after he was shot in the neck outside an Illinois Country Club.

Police on Monday responded to Country Club Hills for reports of a shooting around 2:30 p.m., CBS Chicago reported. When they arrived on the scene, officers discovered a vehicle with fresh blood on the driver’s seat and on the nearby road.

Witnesses told authorities they heard about 12 gunshots ring out and that a victim had already been taken from the vehicle.

After a search of area hospitals, police found a man suffering from a single gunshot wound to the neck at Advocate South Suburban Hospital in Hazel Crest.

He was identified as Tavares Taylor, who goes by the stage name, Lil Reese.

Lil Reese, who is known for drill rap, was transferred to Advocate Christ Medical Center following the incident, where he remained in critical condition, Complex reported.

The cause of the shooting is so far unknown. According to witnesses on the scene, Taylor was being pursued by another driver in a car chase before the gunfire rang out. They said the shooter used a small rifle and then fled the scene.

Authorities early Tuesday were hunting for a car linked to the violent altercation. It was described as a Chevy Malibu with either white or gray tinted windows. The vehicle’s license plate is from Wisconsin, which is about 300 miles north of where the shooting occurred in Illinois.

Lil Reese, who signed with record label Def Jam and then later left the company, is well known for being featured on the 2012 Chief Keef song, which reached No. 73 on the Billboard Hot 100.

U might not listen to his music (neither do I)

But y'all just trolling to act like u never heard his name before

I get exactly what you saying. Truthfully though I only heard of him because of this site.

Hope he survives but comes with the territory of the shit he was rapping about. Even if he left that life alone. That don't mean the people he did something to while in that life leaving that life alone.

Can't say you done and think those you and your folks may have done something to just going leave that shit be.

Yuuuuuuuppppp and if he dies they'll all be in here giving him RIPs and magically remember all the songs they knew him from SMMFH.

Niggas try too hard to be cool on social media.
I still listen to "US" and "Traffic "

Reese was keef right hand man and Keef was the biggest hot new artist in rap in a brief period when he came out.

Even more so than Shmurda. And people here know who rowdy rebel is.

How tf u heard of rowdy but not reese?

"Don't like" was the biggest song of 2012 and I know they heard it. Reese was on the fucking song lmao

He was doing wild bullshit and its catching up I don't feel sorry for him at all I just don't understand risking your life for somebody who can no longer physically protect themselves they could of easily just ran up on him and beat his ass idk just my thoughts

Back