Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kamala Harris running for President in 2020

LMAO. Seriously?

Unless she classifies police shooting of unarmed black people as lynching this is a pandering fail to the utmost. How many black people woke up today thinking... "damn I sho hope I don't get lynched"?

FOH with this 100 years too late shit.

I could give a shit about her rap trivia skills but this is exactly the type of shit that makes me distrust her and consider her to be out of touch and possibly elitist.

I cringed watching that shit

This is overstated. You don’t need your own politicians. You find ones who will take your money

Since we don’t have money and the ones who do are largely capitalist and not on the same accord, insulated and don’t represent working people

You have to find something else to bargain with. We over complicate this shit. The name of the game is payola. If you don’t have money, you have to disrupt the money.

Nobody is going to do shit for us. Politicians are figureheads with limited power at every level. Checks get shit done
That’s what I meant by finding our own politicians. Put money on them. That’s what other groups and big corporations do.

LMAO. Seriously?

Unless she classifies police shooting of unarmed black people as lynching this is a pandering fail to the utmost. How many black people woke up today thinking... "damn I sho hope I don't get lynched"?

FOH with this 100 years too late shit.

I could give a shit about her rap trivia skills but this is exactly the type of shit that makes me distrust her and consider her to be out of touch and possibly elitist.
She's really bad at pandering but it makes sense because she slept her way to the top. She never had to until now

That’s what I meant by finding our own politicians. Put money on them. That’s what other groups and big corporations do.

No no no. Get money the fuck out of politics. We can't match corporations and billionaires when it comes to funneling money to politicians. We shouldn't be supporting anyone who is taking legal bribes.

You giving her the benefit of the doubt yet she didn’t give the black folks the benefit of the doubt that she locked up for frivolous bullshit. Stay on fucking code. That’s my point.

You were saying very similar shit about Hillary on the IC. I remember.

Thought that you might have learned your lesson, but apparently not.

You're not eager to see her get the Dem nomination? Fine. But if she is, I think that it's a no-brainer to vote for her in a general election against Trump. If he's still in office and running.

^^ Should have said 'one parent black' + 'One parent non-black.'

Dad or mom doesn't matter.

a non-black parent means that you're mixed.

You were saying very similar shit about Hillary on the IC. I remember.

Thought that you might have learned your lesson, but apparently not.

You're not eager to see her get the Dem nomination? Fine. But if she is, I think that it's a no-brainer to vote for her in a general election against Trump. If he's still in office and running.
Either do things that benefit black people or no vote. That Donald Trump scare tactic don’t work.

How you think stuff get done for groups and corporations?

I know. I agree with you about how things are done now, but we can't win that game, so we have to support people who are willing to change the game. All the black people in the country couldn't match what one of those major lobbying groups do. As long as our government works based on legal bribery, we have no shot of getting any more than the crumbs he elite are willing to give.

I know. I agree with you about how things are done now, but we can't win that game, so we have to support people who are willing to change the game. All the black people in the country couldn't match what one of those major lobbying groups do. As long as our government works based on legal bribery, we have no shot of getting any more than the crumbs he elite are willing to give.
So who’s going to change the game in our favor?

So who’s going to change the game in our favor?

I think Bernie is the best choice now. If he is successful, he will fix some of the class issues. That will help black people rise up since we disproportionately exist in the lower class. Of course, i will do nothing to solve the problems that uniquely affect our community To solve those problems, I think you are right in that we as a community need to find someone that we can grow from the start. I just don't think it's a matter of us trying to pay that candidate off like the corporations do. Candidates like that have no integrity. They would abandon us as soon as someone with more money came along.

I think Bernie is the best choice now. If he is successful, he will fix some of the class issues. That will help black people rise up since we disproportionately exist in the lower class. Of course, i will do nothing to solve the problems that uniquely affect our community To solve those problems, I think you are right in that we as a community need to find someone that we can grow from the start. I just don't think it's a matter of us trying to pay that candidate off like the corporations do. Candidates like that have no integrity. They would abandon us as soon as someone with more money came along.
If Bernie doesn’t have a black agenda then no vote for him either. What you’re proposing is trickle down shit. And when it comes to politicians if one is already bought and paid for other groups will just get another one plus on the flip side these politicians are vetted beforehand.

If Bernie doesn’t have a black agenda then no vote for him either. What you’re proposing is trickle down shit. And when it comes to politicians if one is already bought and paid for other groups will just get another one plus on the flip side these politicians are vetted beforehand.

I'm not proposing trickle down shit. Trickle down means that they enact policies that help some groups with the expectation hat it will in turn help others.

That's not what I'm suggesting here. Bernie is looking to pass policies like Medicare for All and a living minimum wage. Those aren't policies meant specifically for black people, but they would most definitely help black people. After all, blacks are largely uninsured and often working jobs where we aren't getting paid a living wage. If he pushes those policies they will help us. Bernie is also against privatized prisons, the drug war, and police brutality. Again, if he pushes policy that works against those problems, it will help black people, even if they aren't meant solely for black people.

As far as people buying politicians, you're absolutely right. That's why I said you should be voting solely for candidates that aren't taking legal bribes and that are for passing a constitutional amendment to get money out of politics. Until they do something like that, all the politicians should be considered corrupt unless they show otherwise.

Back