Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is social media toxic to the human psyche?

It's a magnifying glass that brings more attention to the already toxic psyche of the human being....

Before social media we could lie to ourselves and say people weren't that bad.

We could dismiss crazy stories as embellishment and imaginary fuckery...

Now we see all.... There's no hiding it....

You don't just hear about it... You see it...

The news can no longer give just their version, cuz everybody gotta camera...

It's just an interesting take on the whole ignorance is bliss concept...

Cuz a long as you don't really know... You can be ignorant to people's nastiness and pretend it doesn't exist.... But now that we got social media..

Optimism is dead. Hope is gone.

People ain't shit.... And the proof keeps piling up everyday

Yes.

Cuz now EVERYONE thinks they're a celebrity

A lot of women think they're a model

A lot of niggas think they're untouchable

Folks judge their lives on the number of likes they have

Folks claim they're gettin "lit"...or the club they're hitting is "lit" (even tho you can clearly see in the vid they post the shyt is half empty)

Each IG chick claim they're better than the others, yet they all act and do the same things

Instead of watching a concert with their own eyes and taking it in, they're watching it thru their phones and making sure everyone knows where they're at

The shyt is a gift & curse.

I hate it and what it has done to society. Yet glad it's been able to expose these racists azzz muthafuccas who was in hiding...catching these crooked azzz criminals...keeping victims of police shootings on people's minds.

yes.
how did "likes" become so addictive?
and people are damn near willing to do anything to get em
Thing is people ALWAYS been doing shit for approval.

ALWAYS. It's just more visible and on display.

Shit look at black planet. Shit was almost 20 years ago and the pages then were just as over the top. Chicks used to be fake models. Dudes would front with shit that wasnt there's. Nuffin new IMO.... Just more available

How do you feel about getting co signs for this reply?

Do you go against the grain just for the dislikes?

Nigga please. As du stated all the stuff people do now on facebook they veen doing before social media. It has not hurt society it justs your able to see more shit. Only drawback i can see is going viral for something extremely bad like getting killed or raped on fb live. I can see how that can destroy a person.

Everything else is already out here. Happy now buttercup

Yes.

Cuz now EVERYONE thinks they're a celebrity

A lot of women think they're a model

A lot of niggas think they're untouchable

Folks judge their lives on the number of likes they have

Folks claim they're gettin "lit"...or the club they're hitting is "lit" (even tho you can clearly see in the vid they post the shyt is half empty)

Each IG chick claim they're better than the others, yet they all act and do the same things

Instead of watching a concert with their own eyes and taking it in, they're watching it thru their phones and making sure everyone knows where they're at

The shyt is a gift & curse.

I hate it and what it has done to society. Yet glad it's been able to expose these racists azzz muthafuccas who was in hiding...catching these crooked azzz criminals...keeping victims of police shootings on people's minds.

The mass production generation.

"I'm unique, just like everybody else." Used to be a tongue in cheek criticism of people who try so hard to stand out, they blend in with everyone else. Now they call it clout chasing. Every dance, quote, fashion choice, buzz word, and quirk people see go viral, they add into their daily lives.

Nigga please. As du stated all the stuff people do now on facebook they veen doing before social media. It has not hurt society it justs your able to see more shit. Only drawback i can see is going viral for something extremely bad like getting killed or raped on fb live. I can see how that can destroy a person.

Everything else is already out here. Happy now buttercup
Don't say buttercup.

Technology puts normal human activity into overdrive. Too much of anything can be detrimental and if getting attention every once in a while without social media isn't dangerous, getting attention all the time with social media can be dangerous because of the lengths people go to just to be seen.

Thing is people ALWAYS been doing shit for approval.

ALWAYS. It's just more visible and on display.

Shit look at black planet. Shit was almost 20 years ago and the pages then were just as over the top. Chicks used to be fake models. Dudes would front with shit that wasnt there's. Nuffin new IMO.... Just more available

ill give you that.
and yea it may be that we just didnt have the means to do the shit people are doing today back then. but at the same time, this shit today just isnt healthy. going somewhere with someone where its always "wait wait wait dont touch that, dont move...i gotta snap this real quick" that wasnt an issue AT all.

How do you feel about getting co signs for this reply?

Do you go against the grain just for the dislikes?

brbbk.jpg

Don't say buttercup.

Technology puts normal human activity into overdrive. Too much of anything can be detrimental and if getting attention every once in a while without social media isn't dangerous, getting attention all the time with social media can be dangerous because of the lengths people go to just to be seen.

Ok. But i think we overexaggerate what people are doing for likes and attention.

It's a magnifying glass that brings more attention to the already toxic psyche of the human being....

Before social media we could lie to ourselves and say people weren't that bad.

We could dismiss crazy stories as embellishment and imaginary fuckery...

Now we see all.... There's no hiding it....

You don't just hear about it... You see it...

The news can no longer give just their version, cuz everybody gotta camera...

It's just an interesting take on the whole ignorance is bliss concept...

Cuz a long as you don't really know... You can be ignorant to people's nastiness and pretend it doesn't exist.... But now that we got social media..

Optimism is dead. Hope is gone.

People ain't shit.... And the proof keeps piling up everyday
And most importantly people are profiting off the worst traits of human and evils of society to the point where controversy, violence, shock value, and a carnival is the measuring stick and requirement to garner recongition and acceptance.

There's toxic aspects of the internet and social media but there's also a whole lot of healthy things on the internet and social media. It all depends on what we give our attention and energy to.

A toxic mind is most likely gonna be entertaining toxic things and a healthier mind is most likely gonna engage in healthier information/conversation.

I do think that some aspects reinforce some of our weaknesses and insecurities like when MySpace first came out is was about "will get you be my friend?" Then Twitter and Instagram are about following people and having followers like sheep. And Facebook is all about "please like me". Those aspects scream insecurity imo but there's also a lot of healthy and useful information, conversations and connections that we can make also if we choose to.

It all depends on if the user chooses to engage in something toxic or something healthy.

But I also think think the anonymity of social media allows people who may have multiple personality disorders to be all the characters/personalities in their head. If who I am on the internet is one of my alter egos I don't need to be on the internet imo. But maybe we have a lot of undiagnosed multiple personality disorders and this gives them an outlet which one could argue is a somewhat healthier outlet for a toxic mind.

Last edited:
Back