Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is ABW a safe space for Women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said something a couple days or weeks back that really stuck with me. Conversation between the sexes cant be had without a man (men) reminding the women they have a dick and they find them sexually attractive

I do wonder if the women care about things like that

Women that I know personally hate that shit.

I dont want to speak for the women here, the shit might not really bother them. But women that I know in real life just want to be able to express themselves and have their opinions heard without the qualifier that they got pussies.

@Whis Khalifa you as well same question
I've been posting with y'all for well over 10 years.

I'm comfortable, yo.

I love y'all like I love rap. Hell yeah some of that shit y'all spew is toxic nonsense, but my mental filter is up and I can determine what's true to myself and what's just filling up space for entertainment.

As far as the topic on hand, I've been lucky enough to have been protected by every man in my life from my father and brother, the folks, and my significant others.

I'm a Black woman but I'm Black first.

My fight is not against people that look like me no matter the gender. That's internal shit that I can handle myself or we can handle at another time.

Divisive topics are divisive and always seem to show up when we start demanding justice for black people as a whole.

Fuck these sub groups and categories for now and let's unify to force bigger changes than symbolic gestures.

I'm comfortable, yo.

I love y'all like I love rap. Hell yeah some of that shit y'all spew is toxic nonsense, but my mental filter is up and I can determine what's true to myself and what's just filling up space for entertainment.

As far as the topic on hand, I've been lucky enough to have been protected by every man in my life from my father and brother, the folks, and my significant others.

My fight is not against people that look like me no matter the gender. That's internal shit that I can handle myself or we can handle at another time.

Divisive topics are divisive and always seem to show up when we start demanding justice for black people as a whole.

Fuck these sub groups and categories for now and let's unify to force bigger changes than symbolic gestures.
Fair enough and you're a fellow ic OG so shit was definitely uh different lol but, just speaking for now on abw for women who have or do feel they can't post without attack what would assist in that? Is it the topics, specific posters, what exactly is steering abw women away? Seeing this shit as a Male LSA is willld that's gotta go.

Idk the other women on here must have a different experience on here than I do, cuz I dont see the stuff yall talking about. I fail to understand what it is that makes it so 'unsafe'
To be fair, you're only really in a couple of places on the site

But it's there

I dont want to speak for the women here, the shit might not really bother them. But women that I know in real life just want to be able to express themselves and have their opinions heard without the qualifier that they got pussies.
Nah this is very real and I know I've had a conversation with @Race Jones about that at some point. Some dudes be way too much of horndogs to the point it's like fam just turn shit down for a minute. You know you're not saying that to a woman in her face so why not just chill?

Time and place for everything, I suppose

I'm comfortable, yo.

:godisgood:

I simply don’t have these conversations in spaces where people will invalidate my feelings.

So for me to come in a space and go “well, it’s been safe for me” it’s like that’s nice but it’s not overall. That’s like white people trying to ignore what Black people deal with.

Nah this is very real and I know I've had a conversation with @Race Jones about that at some point. Some dudes be way too much of horndogs to the point it's like fam just turn shit down for a minute. You know you're not saying that to a woman in her face so why not just chill?

Word. Dudes really be saying shit like "good point, now let me see your titties" in a serious ass thread.

Shit bothers me cause I love reading a womens perspective on shit cause we different and alot of times they say something about a topic that didnt even occur to me.

We need more of that and less dudes thirsting from over a thousand miles.

Last edited:
Fair enough and you're a fellow ic OG so shit was definitely uh different lol but, just speaking for now on abw for women who have or do feel they can't post without attack what would assist in that? Is it the topics, specific posters, what exactly is steering abw women away? Seeing this shit as a Male LSA is willld that's gotta go.
It's really specific posters in my opinion. Some of them can't hide their damage or don't encounter women often and it shows.

I knew things would change once everyone migrated over here, I called this years ago. It was a balance of male and female opinions just off the ratio. Now it's a predominantly male site.

So I'm sorry to the ones I kicked out of VIP, but I thank Goldie for setting aside that space on the site that's not bombarded with men. It's balanced.

What safety is missing?

Why do you think it isn’t? Aren’t you white? I’m not even trying to be messy but just because you find it safe for you doesn’t mean it’s safe for me.

Gotcha. I agree with you but it was more of a safe space for me when the community was smaller. Which is what you get in the VIP section, since only certain people are there.

True, I think it’s more of an overall respect/understanding in that section but the site overall isn’t how I viewed it when I first joined at all.

Something shifted your trust we gotta do a better job as a ABW community so black women should feel that you can speak your mind. Agreements, disagreements, debates, all that as fine as long as there isn't serious animosity that causes people to just want to stop posting. Since you've came back what do you feel should be adjusted?
Nothing for me, personally. With the growth of the site, the “close knit” community feeling slowly began to fade. It slowly vanished as the site grew. That just comes with the territory. I’m proud of the site’s growth and understand that growth brings change.

Before, I knew who I was sharing my space with. We were smaller and closer as a community. Now, I don’t know who the hell looking.

even still I’m comfortable posting and nobody has made me feel uncomfortable posting or “ran me off” because I don’t give anyone that power. However, I choose to be careful about what I share on here now because with so many new people, something I say could be the ammo to the gun they use to kill me with.

I simply don’t have these conversations in spaces where people will invalidate my feelings.

So for me to come in a space and go “well, it’s been safe for me” it’s like that’s nice but it’s not overall. That’s like white people trying to ignore what Black people deal with.
Same to you Meeks what specifically makes you uncomfortable that needs to be altered?

Nothing for me, personally. With the growth of the site, the “close knit” community feeling slowly began to fade. It slowly vanished as the site grew. That just comes with the territory. I’m proud of the site’s growth and understand that growth brings change.

Before, I knew who I was sharing my space with. We were smaller and closer as a community. Now, I don’t know who the hell looking.

even still I’m comfortable posting and nobody has made me feel uncomfortable posting or “ran me off” because I don’t give anyone that power. However, I choose to be careful about what I share on here now because with so many new people, something I say could be the ammo to the gun they use to kill me with.

that last part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back