Welcome To aBlackWeb

Inside Tyler Perry Studios' Grand Opening Gala

It's good for him and others as well lol. I would have thought someone like you who's always talking about paying it forward and black people having their own shit you would be more excited about this

lol he don’t like niggas like I been tellin y’all. Dos don’t like men looking bad on tv

Dog the only reason niggas watched acrimony is because there was a running joke of how bad it is. Everyone knows his movies are terrible. Do you think it's a sizable amount of ppl who believe otherwise and what they seen in a TP movie to heart?
misery loves company.
misery also likes validation.

you are not giving enough respect to what can get into someones mind when they looking for validation for something.

its a reason society is the way it is.

I’m joking relax. But rappers do stuff like this and rappers been saying bitches all my shit but you never talk about how that impacts black women
ah....i do tho.
i use it in context.

but i can only say but so much if i see too many women dancing to that song.

keep it 100....i attack everyone from all sides.

so in this situation...i am happy for his accomplishment...but dont like how he got there and who was hurt in the process. @konceptjones summed it up with the drug dealer analogy.

I would liken this to a drug dealer that sets up businesses and gives people jobs. No matter how you cut it, the nigga made his money destroying the community. Same for Tyler; he made his money trashing Black Men, is this really the sort of thing we want to celebrate?
this is how i see it.

they said bumpy was bigger than the mob.......dont change the damage he did on the streets.

Now if only he could make something besides madea films and irrelevant shit that runs on bet he'd be on to something.

But yeah goat shit.

ATL has been growing as an alternative to Hollywood for a lot of movie making for a while now. Even the MCU does a lot of stuff in ATL. Supposedly, Tyler's space is huge and state of the art. That would seem to be overkill for Madea films and honest even for just black films in general. So I'm guessing, he's going to be bringing in other business too, which could be big time. We'll see.

I hate Tyler Perry's movies. I feel like they are trash that promote a lot of the stereotypes that we have to fight against and really just pander to the built in audience that is desperate for anything Black. That said, I can't deny that he's done a lot to give Black talent opportunities and this move would allow him to do that even more. All that said, I just don't trust elites. Even a lot of the good shit they do is really just bones they throw out to get a return for them. Oprah gave out free cars to her audience, which in turn kept the studio packed for her show. Meanwhile, the people that got those cars got a big gift tax bill that actually fucked a lot of them. So I'm skeptical about whether this is a big deal for Black people or just a bid deal for Tyler.

ATL has been growing as an alternative to Hollywood for a lot of movie making for a while now. Even the MCU does a lot of stuff in ATL. Supposedly, Tyler's space is huge and state of the art. That would seem to be overkill for Madea films and honest even for just black films in general. So I'm guessing, he's going to be bringing in other business too, which could be big time. We'll see.

I hate Tyler Perry's movies. I feel like they are trash that promote a lot of the stereotypes that we have to fight against and really just pander to the built in audience that is desperate for anything Black. That said, I can't deny that he's done a lot to give Black talent opportunities and this move would allow him to do that even more. All that said, I just don't trust elites. Even a lot of the good shit they do is really just bones they throw out to get a return for them. Oprah gave out free cars to her audience, which in turn kept the studio packed for her show. Meanwhile, the people that got those cars got a big gift tax bill that actually fucked a lot of them. So I'm skeptical about whether this is a big deal for Black people or just a bid deal for Tyler.
i need to stop drinking.....
this made sense.

smdh

its stops today

these are my thoughts

i like most of you were introduced to TP through his plays.

The most i've done is chuckle at them, but i realize that there is an audience that will gladly support these endeavors. Like i said, his "why did get married" films are easily the best one's he's done.

They are the most relatable without all the extra over the top shit

With that being said, I can compare him to Master P. P was never a top emcee, but he knew his lane and stuck to the formula, and put other people of color in positions to be millionaires. You aint gotta fuck with the music, but you cant knock his business acumen.

And white people will milk a concept or trope to death, and we dont bat an eye, but TP does it, and we tend to hold him to a different standard. I make jokes about the colorism displayed in his films, but at the root of it, we all know niggas who fit those very depictions being shown so lets not act like he just making shit up.

This is a HUGE ordeal for not only him, but other black up and coming actors/actresses, directors, writers, camera crew, etc....

we tend to focus on the wrong things

I mean....google works for you also...
I was trying to take constructive criticism from the why women dont post convos. To interact with the women here in a welcoming and inclusive way. I kinda felt like if she made the thread then she cared about the subject. And if she cared about the subject she'd take pride in providing incite into the subject. And that would give her a better sense of fulfillment in that communication that we're having. Which would then lead to her possibly interacting more.

But that's what I get for listening to AP.

Back