Welcome To aBlackWeb

Impossible Choice: Dad Forced To Choose Either Saving Wife Or Baby

Yeah, I'd want my husband to save our child. I wouldn't wish carrying a child full term only to lose it on my worst enemy.
I don't see how anyone can say this would be an easy decision. Its not just some kid, it's your flesh and blood. Even if you didn't physically go through growing it inside of your body you helped create that life.

For the ones with kids would you choose your wife's life over your current kids?
Did you have to develop an attachment to your kids after they were born? How long did it take?

Yeah, I'd want my husband to save our child. I wouldn't wish carrying a child full term only to lose it on my worst enemy.
I don't see how anyone can say this would be an easy decision. Its not just some kid, it's your flesh and blood. Even if you didn't physically go through growing it inside of your body you helped create that life.

For the ones with kids would you choose your wife's life over your current kids?
Did you have to develop an attachment to your kids after they were born? How long did it take?

I have created a bond with my son over the years. So you saying For the ones with kids would you choose your wife's life over your current kids" is not the same

Yea the conversation is completely different if we're talking about choosing between your older kids and your wife.

I have created a bond with my son over the years. So you saying For the ones with kids would you choose your wife's life over your current kids" is not the same
Lol, I wasn't "saying" anything. I was asking, they were questions. Legit ones not rhetorical ones.
Many women willingly risk their lives to bring a child into the world and would die for that child without ever meeting it. So I wanted to know from the male/fathers perspective how long did it take to reach that point of kids>>>>>everything.
Which is why I asked....

Last edited:
He told Fox31: “It was either give her [Keyvonne] the surgery first and maybe save her life, but you’re going to lose your daughter.

"Or your daughter can be saved but there’s a chance you might lose your wife."

Frederick made the painful decision to save his unborn daughter, but sadly Keyvonne did not survive the procedure.

regardless of his decision, it was always 50/50 for her.. so he chose to save his daughter w a 50/50 chance rather than let his daughter die w his wife having a 50/50 chance...

He made the right choice, choosing his daughter in hopes that his wife would still live... regardless of what he chose, she was going to die....

In most circumstances I’d save my wife over a newborn but it look like there was a fairly high probability that she wouldn’t make it anyway so in this case I’d say he made a better choice.

That’s rough tho, man. 7A888455-6E4F-45E6-98F9-B58D05CCDD22.png

I used to hate when people said corny shit like “my wife is my Best friend” but now I’m one of them dudes.

Pick your wife and watch she be mad af you let the baby die N holds resentment and the marriage break down and she go have a baby with someone new.

Pick your wife and watch she be mad af you let the baby die N holds resentment and the marriage break down and she go have a baby with someone new.

That is the most likely scenario too. To be honest I care not to have children.

Naw, if she loves her husband as much as he loves her she'll understand why he chose her over the newborn.

For me it’s easy cause I’d pick the person I’ve established a bond with over a kid I’ve never even interacted with every time.

That’s not just any adult, it’s my wife.

So you had no type if bond with your kid before you actually held them? Most likely the person im with would want me to save the child in case something like this happened.

Lol, I wasn't "saying" anything. I was asking, they were questions. Legit ones not rhetorical ones.
Many women willingly risk their lives to bring a child into the world and would die for that child without ever meeting it. So I wanted to know from the male/fathers perspective how long did it take to reach that point of kids>>>>>everything.
Which is why I asked....

It was kid over everthing i thought thats how most folks were. Im surprised. Maybe they dont get the automatic bond with a newborn like other people do.

I’d deal w that over the alternative

And tell her new husband to thank me too

“I’m leaving you cause you didn’t let me die”

Lmaoo

But you got it, I’m sure that’s possible

Some of these comments...
blankstare-CtA_zpslbnn9gsl.gif

Yeah I'm almost certain if I had a wife, she would tell me to save our child. Give our child the opportunity to enjoy life. As hard as that maybe, if she rather give her life to save our daughter...then I gotta accept that.

Thought that is what a parent does?

And the notion that you can just make another child is a tad absurd. B/c if that's your logic...then you find another wife. Get remarried. People have actually done that.

Plus you dunno what kinda damage may result in saving her life. Yeah her life is saved...but what if she no longer can have kids afterwards? Then what? The tragedy of losing that child could push her to have regrets and possibly resentment. It could happen.

Wait he saved the unborn baby?

Nah.

You can't make a new wife with a baby but you can sure as shit make a new baby with a wife.

This ain't really a hard choice. My wife has had a life. The baby hasn't. I would choose the baby, and I'd hope my wife would do the same if the roles were reversed. I'd be mad with her forever if I found out she let our child die to save me.

The higher chances of survival is the most logical choice. Another thing to consider is if she'd still be able to have children again if this pregnancy was already so dangerous. Also, what are the chances of the baby coming out affected with some crazy condition afterwards. Or the wife for that matter. I'd go with the path for the best outcome. If she was conscious and able to make her own decision, I'd honor that first, though.

This actually happened to me.

My birth was fucked up and the doctors was like only one of us was gonna make it.

My father said save the mother, we don't even know the child.

my aunt was like save the baby cuz my mother would hate them if they chose her....

so they tried to save me....

my mother was in a coma for the first 2 weeks of my life, then she pulled thru.....

prolly the biggest blessing of my life, cuz had my aunt or father raised me i would easily be dead or in jail right now.....there's no chance i make it with either of them or any combination of the two

Back