Welcome To aBlackWeb

Impossible Choice: Dad Forced To Choose Either Saving Wife Or Baby

Choose the wife, can always make another kid

Him choosing the kid makes me think he low key never liked his wife lol

He didnt love her at all

Because he def cant have more love for a baby 5 minutes old than his wife

You can always try for another baby or adopt

Might seem kinda callous but for me it's an easy easy easy choice. I'd only choose the kid over the wife if there was a very low chance of her survivin'. Likelihood of the kid survivin' wouldn't even matter as long as wife isn't def gonna die

Is that the dude that killed his wife in the OP?

If so that nigga is very happy.

NINTCHDBPICT000454411131.jpg

A dad was forced to make a heartbreaking choice between saving his wife or unborn baby after she was rushed to hospital for an emergency C-section.

Frederick and Keyvonne Connie were overjoyed when they found out they were expecting a baby girl in January.

But what should have been one of the happiest days of their lives ended in disaster.

Tragedy struck when Keyvonne began haemorrhaging in their home in the US state of Colorado.

She was rushed to hospital for an emergency C-section.

But after doctors examined the situation Frederick was faced with an harrowing decision.

He told Fox31: “It was either give her [Keyvonne] the surgery first and maybe save her life, but you’re going to lose your daughter.

"Or your daughter can be saved but there’s a chance you might lose your wife."

Frederick made the painful decision to save his unborn daughter, but sadly Keyvonne did not survive the procedure.

The new mum lived long enough to see pictures of her little girl before dying.

The newborn was named Angelique Keyvonne Connie after her mother.

She will now spend some weeks in hospital while she recovered from her traumatic birth.

After his heartbreaking decision, grieving Frederick said: “They tried [to save her] and her heart couldn’t take it. She died before they could even get her to the surgery.

“I’m glad I made that decision because in the end if Keyvonne probably could have survived she would have hated me for the rest of my life because I knew how she felt about kids."

Smiley newborn Angelique - nicknamed pooder - is now being fed through a tube.

Doctors want her to gain weight and strength before she is allowed to leave the hospital.

Despite drinking donated milk and wearing clothes given to her by nurses, new father Frederick has been left with significant debts due to medical debts.

His friend and boss, Justin Collins, set up a fundraising page to help with funeral costs and to purchase essential items for the newborn.

Justin wrote on Facebook: “He has always been a hard worker during the time I have known him and always provided for his family.

“The struggle will be caring for his newborn daughter.

“Along with caring for her is hospital bills, a funeral, and all the basic needs for caring for a child.

NINTCHDBPICT000454411129.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000454411130.jpg

Awwww

I'd ask her family, I'd ask her, if her choice is baby, id have her communicate that decision to her family. It ain't my decision to make, but it's my decision to be strong enough to support her decision. How ever painful it might be, and her family can rest easier knowing. I didn't kill their daughter for my daughter. I didn't kill their granddaughter, her their daughter.

If the chances are high for my wife survival I would choose my wife, but if the wife chooses the child then I would go with her decision and her family....but ultimately I would choose my wife.

Yall said having a new kid like it was just as easy. Ive always been a kid over adult type of person tho.

For me it’s easy cause I’d pick the person I’ve established a bond with over a kid I’ve never even interacted with every time.

That’s not just any adult, it’s my wife.

For me it’s easy cause I’d pick the person I’ve established a bond with over a kid I’ve never even interacted with every time.

For a parent you'll do whatever it takes to save your child, I'm sure the mother would want you to save the baby.

I'd like to say most parents would give their life for their child(ren), so save the baby

but I understand self preservation

Back