Welcome To aBlackWeb

How did baseball go from number 1 in America

No black superstars.

Regular season baseball was always a hard watch but I used to at least keep up with the pennant race but I don't even do that anymore.

Game has too many "old white men" sensibilities surrounding it but it's funny because football does too.

Baseball and them unwritten rules make it so damn boring on top of already being kinda boring.

Cant even celebrate and shit without it being a issue.

I used to love baseball and still watch. Rangers just built a new stadium and ima go to a few games but the shit needs to do better

4 hours per game 5 nights a week. Over 100 games.

That's a part time job schedule right there.
But even with that it was the number 1 sport . I remember back around 04 when Shaq got traded to the Heat, sports radio around here spent like 2 seconds on it, despite it being a big deal. Fast forward 10 years later in 2014 LeBron returns to the Cavs and the same sports radio that spent 2 seconds talking about the Shaq trade, spent like 3/4 weeks taking up multiple hours of the day discussing LeBron.

I wanted to play baseball as a kid, but I just didnt like the idea of someone throwing a hard object at me at high velocities. I think alot of black kids felt the same way I did.

I wanted to play baseball as a kid, but I just didnt like the idea of someone throwing a hard object at me at high velocities. I think alot of black kids felt the same way I did.

Like I said before when I was around 10 the steroid scandal ruined it for me we all where just getting into baseball because of my friends pops then boom all the heroes we just learned to fuck with are hardcore crackheads ( that's how 10 year old me saw it)

I was done with baseball they fucked up bad

Like I said before when I was around 10 the steroid scandal ruined it for me we all where just getting into baseball because of my friends pops then boom all the heroes we just learned to fuck with are hardcore crackheads ( that's how 10 year old me saw it)

I was done with baseball they fucked up bad
My nigga Tony Gywnn held it down tho

My nigga Tony Gywnn held it down tho

I couldn't get over the fact that they was out here looking like tanks and juicing to hit a tinyass ball in a sport with little to none physically contact

I was highly upset and at 10 I was a stat crazy sport head 10 year old me.would run circles around myself now when it came the sports information

But even with that it was the number 1 sport . I remember back around 04 when Shaq got traded to the Heat, sports radio around here spent like 2 seconds on it, despite it being a big deal. Fast forward 10 years later in 2014 LeBron returns to the Cavs and the same sports radio that spent 2 seconds talking about the Shaq trade, spent like 3/4 weeks taking up multiple hours of the day discussing LeBron.
We live in an ADHD society. Baseball can be too slow with little action and it's the longest game out there. Yes it's always been that way but the viewers are changing as the older generations die off and they aren't doing much to keep up.

We live in an ADHD society. Baseball can be too slow with little action and it's the longest game out there. Yes it's always been that way but the viewers are changing as the older generations die off and they aren't doing much to keep up.
Yeah that’s a possibility

I couldn't get over the fact that they was out here looking like tanks and juicing to hit a tinyass ball in a sport with little to none physically contact

I was highly upset and at 10 I was a stat crazy sport head 10 year old me.would run circles around myself now when it came the sports information
Had to keep up wit roger Clemens and dem

I never understood this. People in the city cant see the team that plays in the city play.

Time Warner which is now Spectrum made their own local sports network some years ago. I think they have an exclusive deal with the Dodgers that you have to have spectrum cable to watch the dodgers.

Any other cable/satellite package doesn’t get them. I believe spectrum is asking for a crazy amount of money for the rights to broadcast Dodger games.

So even though they haven’t won it all, the Dodgers have had really good teams the last several years that most of the city hasn’t been able to see.

The Lakers play exclusively on that network too and had the same issue for a short time then they got it fixed cuz LA would have literally rioted if they couldn’t see the Lakers.

It speaks to the overall popularity of baseball that people have been able to move on and just accept watching the Dodgers in the playoffs if they make it.

That's a lil different tho. You in NYC, the Yankees have been king for decades.

Plus Shaq got traded to the Heat. I'm 1000% sure if it was Knicks it would've been non stop talk about.

baseball is going nowhere -- single moms are so afraid of the CTE bs that more and more of their little angels will be going for soccer and baseball. The talent pool will be there for a long time, football, i don't think so.
P.S. Baseball hasn't been a must see go to the stadium event since 1900 - WHEN Roger Maris broke the homerun record at that time, 1961, 11 thousand were in yankee stadium, so attendance was never a big issue w/ baseball. Attendance is more relevant now bc they have to pay 30 mill to the superstars so they need that gate revenue more than they did then.
I believed baseball was in trouble many years back-before the football concussion issue ruled the day, NO MORE.
BOTTOM LINE; Less kids will be trying out for football and that will only push kids towards other sports, esp. baseball.
This is false, you just going to skip over the Sosa/McGwire home run chase that had the country glued to the tv.

Living in the Bronx during 90's and going to the old Yankee stadium as a kid was magical. Being home and looking out my living room window and watching the Goodyear Blimp floating above the stadium at night was something else while watching a young Derek Jeter win his first world series in 96. Baseball was fun to watch especially the home run derby .Players from different teams had their own Swagger they felt like Superstars and larger than life.

Back