Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'm gonna ask y'all the same question I just had to ask myself....

When was the last time y'all watched the '89 Batman for y'all to be heaping all this praise on Keaton while crying foul that Bale wasn't a true adaptation of Bruce Wayne?

I watched it last week when I got the DC streaming service.

Keaton was pretty dope. A little girl crazy, but he was fun

When was the last time y'all watched the '89 Batman for y'all to be heaping all this praise on Keaton while crying foul that Bale wasn't a true adaptation of Bruce Wayne?

Word. Bale was trash yet the Nolan trilogy is praised to the high heavens.

Plus if Bale was so trash and he's in damn near 100% of all 3 movies, wouldn't that make the movies at least mediocre if not trash themselves.

Great supporting cast
Great script
Great direction

Best thing about Batman begins was Ra's and scarecrow

Best thing about dark Knight was joker

Best thing about dkr was bane

Bale was the weakest link in each movie.

Lucius fox, alfred, and Gordon were all better than batman.

Facts

Looking back those shits were not all that good. Niggas talking about Heath Ledger was better than Bale in TDK but Nicholson was better than Keaton back in 89

Word. Bale was trash yet the Nolan trilogy is praised to the high heavens.

Plus if Bale was so trash and he's in damn near 100% of all 3 movies, wouldn't that make the movies at least mediocre if not trash themselves.
Nolan's trilogy gets the praise because it did a 180 and went away from the campy tone of it's predecessors

Great supporting cast
Great script
Great direction

Best thing about Batman begins was Ra's and scarecrow

Best thing about dark Knight was joker

Best thing about dkr was bane

Bale was the weakest link in each movie.

Lucius fox, alfred, and Gordon were all better than batman.

Facts

You can look at all superhero movies and say the villain was better than the hero. Superman boring as fuck but it's his nemesis that make you interested. The Joker, Bane, Riddler and all those people make Batman more interesting and so forth.

Yeah, Keaton was good... but was he a good Bruce Wayne?
His Bruce wayne was mostly in love interest stories....and studying his enemies...

which was pretty much all bruce wayne does, so yea i liked it....

Last week.

What I appreciate about those movies is you clearly see the growth of Bruce/Batman. He's completely haunted and tormented by his trauma in Batman. It's what drives him. Even by Batman Returns you realize he's even more far gone to the point his dedication to his mission drove Vicki away. All he waits for and looks forward to is the damn signal.

Then he meets Catwoman. He sees himself reflecres in her. Someone dealing with duality and driven by vengeance. He also sees what he could've been in The Penguin had his parents abandoned him. It opens up his eyes. To the point he tries to save Selina but she don't wanna be saved.

In Dick Grayson he also sees another reflection of himself. This time he sees himself being able to save the lost soul. He even confronts his own demons in order to do so and finally accepts that Batman isn't a curse for him but a choice. By the end of it.

Which is why in the next movie he is quippy and leaving the cave with bat credit cards. He's no longer broody. He has overcome his demons and even built up a surrogate family/support system to fill the hole left by Jack Napier.

I don't think people credit those 4 movies enough in being consistent with how they dealt with Bruce's actual arc despite the shifts in tone and change in actors.

Last edited:
Tim Burton can do dark gothic... Matter of fact he's the chief of that genre in Hollywood... So it was fitting he directed Batman and his own adaptations have the 'Rated 15`certification compared to the PG13 ones of the latter films

I liked Keaton as well... And Nosign on Nicholson' Joker being overrated... Nailed it too

Im not very confident with Jared Leto's Joker... From what I saw in Suicide Squad

Tim Burton can do dark gothic... Matter of fact he's the chief of that genre in Hollywood... So it was fitting he directed Batman and his own adaptations have the 'Rated 15`certification compared to the PG13 ones of the latter films

I liked Keaton as well... And Nosign on Nicholson' Joker being overrated... Nailed it too

Im not very confident with Jared Leto's Joker... From what I saw in Suicide Squad

Jared Leto didn't like what he saw either. A lot of footage was left on the cutting room floor and me to was angry about it. They pretty much nerfed joler for suicide squad so I don't fault Leto at all. Near the end if the movie joker tries to convince Harley to ru. Off with him and he gets into a shootout with the suicide squad because if it. The domestic abuse between him and Harley was removed from the final cut etc. The only thing that bothered me was l letos voice. He sounded like heath ledger and that's because he and ledger were good friends and he didn't want to tarnish his legs y. I wish he would've made thus joker his own though.

Back