First few days of a new job =woat feeling

The worst part is being “ the new guy”.

You don’t know anybody.

Don’t nobody wanna talk to you .

You don’t know where to find stuff.

giphy.gif

"That new guy keeps fuckn up smh" lmaoo

Dawg thats why i came early..was nice..tried to learn alot

Update: after not even a full 2 weeks working there, I was told not to come back lmao. I immediately started looking for a job and found one and began that job a month later. It worked out!!

Lmaoo

Go head and drop that story, what was the final straw?

Lmaoo

Go head and drop that story, what was the final straw?

Well...

So it was at a benefits company where I’d be answering customers inquiries about their benefits and add into their plan, like adding a child/spouse to their plan. It was a lot to do for such little play. I got the job through Robert Half (that was my first mistake). On my 4th day of work, they had a virtual happy hour that I thought was strange but hey, free alcohol. They finally put me on my own computer the next week and I guess I couldn’t keep up. Like I said it was a lot of work for not so much pay. I’d take long breaks and make a few mistakes here and there. On my last day I got a call from Robert Half and they told me that the manager said I wasn’t a good fit and that my time there was over. I was so happy. When I got home I applied immediately and got a better paying job that I actually like.

Well...

So it was at a benefits company where I’d be answering customers inquiries about their benefits and add into their plan, like adding a child/spouse to their plan. It was a lot to do for such little play. I got the job through Robert Half (that was my first mistake). On my 4th day of work, they had a virtual happy hour that I thought was strange but hey, free alcohol. They finally put me on my own computer the next week and I guess I couldn’t keep up. Like I said it was a lot of work for not so much pay. I’d take long breaks and make a few mistakes here and there. On my last day I got a call from Robert Half and they told me that the manager said I wasn’t a good fit and that my time there was over. I was so happy. When I got home I applied immediately and got a better paying job that I actually like.
Wait im confused by this. If it was virtual, how was free alcohol provided?

And who the hell Robert Half?

Wait im confused by this. If if was virtual, how was free alcohol provided?

And who the hell Robert Half?

They gave us free alcohol and we could bring alcohol as well. It was a happy hour with all the locations around the country going over the numbers and accomplishments for that quarter. Robert Half is a staffing agency that underpays its employees

So far so good. No complaints. I love this career
I'm definitely retiring here
I work for NYU Langone.
I resigned working for Con Edison which was my 3rd time. I didn't want to work in the field no more responding to emergency blackouts. I was tired driving big vacuum trucks around the 5 boroughs. I was tired of training apprentices on how to fix shit. I was tired of doing damn near 100 per week.
After i got injured and fell down a 10 foot electrical manhole breaking my forearm and dislocated my shoulder, that was it for me.

Now I don't have to do so much hours and getting paid the same. I'm only doing this building maintenance mechanic for one year then replacing my building manager who will retire.

My manager was telling me that I reminded him of himself. He's a Master Electrician but knows how to do other trades proficiently like me. The company is so happy that they don't have to pay so much using sub contractors to fix their HVAC systems. Replacing pumps and motors for boilers and stuff. Its too easy for me.

My work area, I love it.
An hour lunch
Weight room.
Cablevision at work so I can watch my MSG Knicks
Nurses.......(Night Nurse!) 😁
I'm fully loaded mane

Update: check out my my tools. I brought most of my tools from home. Last week and this week I've been setting up my shop on how I want it to look like. I'm thinking about bringing one of my old TVs. Probably buy a new one.

e28b8a0b6ca508b62e14f71f666680441233c1d5.jpg

7f70ab860d948fae0951de15eca5d7656537a04f.jpg

I love tools man.

Last edited:
Just clocked and read an email about this vaccination stuff

Now I'm thinking about making a fake vaccination card

Back