Welcome To aBlackWeb

[Finals] Goat Movie Tournament: The Godfather vs Malcolm X

Better Movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall Michael - if he is to be shot in the head by a police officer, or be found hung dead in a jail cell... or if he should be struck by a bolt of lightning - then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room and then I do not forgive. But with said, I pledge - on the souls of my grandchildren - that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made today.

The opening scene of The Godfather.

The Horsehead scene.

Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes scene.

The Restaraunt scene with Michael.

The Death of Sonny scene.

The Baptism Scene.

The ending scene when Michael becomes The Godfather.

These are all iconic moments in Hollywood.

I've never in my life felt tension like the restaurant scene with Micheal.

First time watching that shit has you on the edge of your seat, cuz you can feel yourself in his shoes.

These dudes killed his father, and the ONLY reason they agreed to meet with him cuz they thought he was too soft to try something.

Shit was amazing. Like I watched that shit completely feeling like I just caught my first body.

I've never in my life felt tension like the restaurant scene with Micheal.

First time watching that shit has you on the edge of your seat, cuz you can feel yourself in his shoes.

These dudes killed his father, and the ONLY reason they agreed to meet with him cuz they thought he was too soft to try something.

Shit was amazing. Like I watched that shit completely feeling like I just caught my first body.

The way Clemenza gave Michael the rundown on how shit was gonna play out was dope. From the suggestion of the restaurant to the already having a weapon in place bcuz he knew they would search Michael even on what to do after the hit. Clemenza is mad slept on in that movie.

lol niggas be EXTRA woke and be calling everybody a coon for the slightest shit until it's time to vote against an italian mob movie. THEN they wanna talk about cinematography.. the score.. and all that shit they disregarded in all the past threads.

Scust

Tough question. I love The Godfather but it's also hard to pick against a movie about one of the most fascinating historical figures of the 20th century. Malcolm X was great and it could also be Denzel's best performance. I'd have to go with Malcolm X but it's close....

I actually think Godfather: Part 2 is the better movie out of the Godfather series...they are almost 2 movies split into one (like Kill Bill).

However, Malcolm X is Spike Lee's magnum opus and Denzel Washington has never played a better, more complete role in my opinion.

His transformation from street hustler Malcolm Little to militant Malcolm X to spiritual Malcolm post-Hajj was beautiful to watch.

The opening scene of The Godfather.

The Horsehead scene.

Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes scene.

The Restaraunt scene with Michael.

The Death of Sonny scene.

The Baptism Scene.

The ending scene when Michael becomes The Godfather.

These are all iconic moments in Hollywood.

Don't forget the scene when Appalonio got killed in Italy. That turned Mike into the cold hearted guy cuz that was his true love not Kay.

Michael, Fredo, and Moe Green in Vegas.
"Fredo, I love you and you're my older brother. but don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."

Tessio getting walked off to get killed.
"Tom, can you get me off the hook for old timed sake?"

Carlo having to answer for Sonny.
"Only don't tell me your innocent. Because it insults my intelligence. It makes me very angry"

The scene when Mike and Vito we're talking before his death. Too many classic quotes.
"women and children can be careless, not men."

"I like to drink wine more than I used too"

"I never wanted this for you" "Senator Corleone, Governor Corleone"

"We'll get there pop"

This scene alone is a masterpiece. The Don went from a caring grandfather and father into the Godfather advising his son one last time just as natural as breathing.

Back