Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION Final Fantasy VII Remake Thread

I been catching a lot of L's on Hard Mode smh

A lot of materia I didn't bother with the first go round I find that I need now

Shit is nuts how ineffective dodges and blocks are

hardmode is all about strategy and materia set up. Level up all them chakra and prayer materias and also deadly dodge and steadfast block

hardmode is all about strategy and materia set up. Level up all them chakra and prayer materias and also deadly dodge and steadfast block
Deadly dodge sucks

Everything else leveled up, guess I gotta spread them around the members

Magic all but useless

Deadly dodge sucks

Everything else leveled up, guess I gotta spread them around the members

Magic all but useless

What?

I'm not sure what game you're playing, but magic is more useful in this game than I remember it ever being in FF. If you think it's useless you're definitely using it wrong. There is a reason why Hard Mode limits how much you can use magic.

What?

I'm not sure what game you're playing, but magic is more useful in this game than I remember it ever being in FF. If you think it's useless you're definitely using it wrong. There is a reason why Hard Mode limits how much you can use magic.
Use....less....

You have ex amount of slots for materia....what magic you got equipped full time?

Outside of healing and revive.....nothing

Use....less....

You have ex amount of slots for materia....what magic you got equipped full time?

Again, I'm not sure you really understand how to play this game. If you're not using magic, you're essentially making the game 10 times harder for yourself. Are you playing on hard? Because unless you're purposely going for extra challenge, it's flat out stupid to not use magic. You mean to tell me niggas is actually fighting the Hell House or taking on mobs of Sahagins without magic? WTF? The stagger system in this game is like 70% exploiting magical weaknesses.

Seriously, this comment and your comment about deadly dodge make me think you don't really understand the system that well.

Use....less....

lol how did you even manage to beat the game the first go around? You cant block... dont use magic..what are you even doin over there? Straight melee?

lol how did you even manage to beat the game the first go around? You cant block... dont use magic..what are you even doin over there? Straight melee?

Bruh, I'm wondering if this nigga is even playing the same game. Look, I get wanting to play the game your way even if it makes it harder, but to say magic is useless?

Just think about the gun and missile turrets. Those things take like 100 physical hits to destroy in hard and you can take them out with one lightning strike. lol

I don't even use the Bind materia, but in Hard mode when you sometimes are outnumbered 6 to 2, you can't tell me the ability to put some of those enemies to sleep is useless.

I hate that as well, all this materia but not enough slots to put them on characters

I don't understand. Are you trying to put every materia on every character or something? You get up to 6 slots on your weapon and another 2-4 slots from your equipment. Why do you need more than 8-10 materia slots for any one character?

I hate that as well, all this materia but not enough slots to put them on characters
Exactly

lol how did you even manage to beat the game the first go around? You cant block... dont use magic..what are you even doin over there? Straight melee
Blocking is useless. It literally cuts the damage in half.....sometimes. Same with evade. You may or may not evade, simply inconsistent

I never said I didn't use magic. Simply that's it's useless at the moment with other materia equipped

Again, I'm not sure you really understand how to play this game. If you're not using magic, you're essentially making the game 10 times harder for yourself. Are you playing on hard? Because unless you're purposely going for extra challenge, it's flat out stupid to not use magic. You mean to tell me niggas is actually fighting the Hell House or taking on mobs of Sahagins without magic? WTF? The stagger system in this game is like 70% exploiting magical weaknesses.

Seriously, this comment and your comment about deadly dodge make me think you don't really understand the system that well.
And yet....I beat.

And yet.....I'm currently beating it

And yet....I beat.

And yet.....I'm currently beating it

I have no doubt you're beating it. I'm just saying that unless you are purposely trying to challenge yourself, you're beating it in a very stupid way. In this game, you do most of your damage when you stagger enemies, especially in the case of bosses. Most of the enemies are staggered most efficiently by exploiting their elemental weaknesses. Yes, you can stagger without magic, but the difference in what it takes to stagger with magic and without magic is like night and day. If you're choosing not to play with magic, that's fine. You can win in a variety of ways, but saying that magic is useless is factually wrong and actually demonstrates a poor understanding of the game's mechanics.

I get the feeling you just don't know what you're doing. You say things like "Blocking is useless. It just cuts damage in half." Bruh, that's the fucking use of blocking. You can't avoid all attacks, so in the cases that you can't, you block so you don't take the full brunt or so you're not grounded or stunlocked. The latter is particularly important in hard mode because mobs of enemies will gang up on you and can combo you. And dodging is not useless. This just isn't Dark Souls or DMC where the dodge is designed to let you avoid all damage if you're good enough. Some attacks can't be dodged consistently. That's the whole point. In those cases, you block.

I have no doubt you're beating it. I'm just saying that unless you are purposely trying to challenge yourself, you're beating it in a very stupid way. In this game, you do most of your damage when you stagger enemies, especially in the case of bosses. Most of the enemies are staggered most efficiently by exploiting their elemental weaknesses. Yes, you can stagger without magic, but the difference in what it takes to stagger with magic and without magic is like night and day. If you're choosing not to play with magic, that's fine. You can win in a variety of ways, but saying that magic is useless is factually wrong and actually demonstrates a poor understanding of the game's mechanics.

I get the feeling you just don't know what you're doing. You say things like "Blocking is useless. It just cuts damage in half." Bruh, that's the fucking use of blocking. You can't avoid all attacks, so in the cases that you can't, you block so you don't take the full brunt or so you're not grounded or stunlocked. The latter is particularly important in hard mode because mobs of enemies will gang up on you and can combo you. And dodging is not useless. This just isn't Dark Souls or DMC where the dodge is designed to let you avoid all damage if you're good enough. Some attacks can't be dodged consistently. That's the whole point. In those cases, you block.
Bruh, why you in ya feeling cause the battle system mid af

You ain't help design this shit b

Bruh, why you in ya feeling cause the battle system mid af

You ain't help design this shit b

I'm not in my feelings. It's just crazy to me that you're this wrong about something and willing to die on that hill. lol

If you don't want to use magic don't use it, but saying it's useless isn't just wrong. It's actually pretty stupid if you understand anything about the system.

I'm not in my feelings. It's just crazy to me that you're this wrong about something and willing to die on that hill. lol

If you don't want to use magic don't use it, but saying it's useless isn't just wrong. It's actually pretty stupid if you understand anything about the system.
And yet you and I got to the same place.......the end of the fucking game

I doing it without useless ass magic and you crying about it. Hopefully Sony cuts you a check for all the knob slobbering

And yet you and I got to the same place.......the end of the fucking game

I doing it without useless ass magic and you crying about it. Hopefully Sony cuts you a check for all the knob slobbering

Making silly personal attacks doesn't make you any less wrong. It just shows how weak your stance is.

No one said you couldn't beat the game without magic. No one said you had to play game with magic. I'm just pointing out that it's stupid to say magic is useless and that your comments make it sound like you're stumbling through the game without a clue.

lol This nigga probably spending 10 mins on fights with his clever little materia setups that could have been one shot with firaga.

Making silly personal attacks doesn't make you any less wrong. It just shows how weak your stance is.
My guy, don't start crying about 'silly personal attacks' now.

Same end point....remember that when you come back to write a rebuttal

My guy, don't start crying about 'silly personal attacks' now.

Same end point....remember that when you come back to write a rebuttal

lol @Chicity, bruh, what's going on? Are you bored and just fucking with me or what?

Why can't you just say that you prefer to play the game without magic and leave it at that?

Why are you clinging to this stance that is demonstrably wrong?

Again, no one is saying that you can't beat the game without magic. However, there is no definition of the word "useless" that applies to magic in this game. That's not praise for the system. It's just a fact. Magic has a very prominent use in the system as its designed. That's not something that can be argued.

lol @Chicity, bruh, what's going on? Are you bored and just fucking with me or what?

Why can't you just say that you prefer to play the game without magic and leave it at that?

Why are you clinging to this stance that is demonstrably wrong?

Again, no one is saying that you can't beat the game without magic. However, there is no definition of the word "useless" that applies to magic in this game. That's not praise for the system. It's just a fact. Magic has a very prominent use in the system as its designed. That's not something that can be argued.
I don't know why the word useless offended you so much and I don't care to know why either

I'll see you at the end of the game

Back