Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dr Dre May Have Sexually Assaulted Dee Barnes

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
Journalist Dee Barnes has always been candid about experiencing physical abuse at the hands of Dr. Dre, but while appearing on “The Wendy Williams Show” on Thursday, she appeared to imply that the former N.W.A rapper may have sexually assaulted her as well.

While recalling the now-infamous 1991 fight between her and Dre at a Def Jam Records party, Barnes described Dre following her into a bathroom while physically assaulting her. Williams then asked if Dre also sexually assaulted her.

Taking a long pause, a teary-eyed Barnes responded, “I’m not comfortable talking about everything right now.”

“Your silence is speaking volumes,” a shocked Williams responded. “Dammit, man.”

Dre, whose real name is Andre Young, was charged with assault and battery after Barnes pressed charges. He pleaded no contest.

He was fined $2,500 and sentenced to two years probation and community service. She also filed a $22 million lawsuit against Dre, which was settled out of court in 1993.

Until Thursday morning, the famed hip-hop journalist had never referenced any sexual assault.

A rep for Dre didn’t return Page Six’s request for comment.

The music mogul apologized for his past behavior in 2015 shortly after the release of the N.W.A biopic “Straight Outta Compton,” which didn’t address allegations of abusive behavior.

“Twenty-five years ago I was a young man drinking too much and in over my head with no real structure in my life. However, none of this is an excuse for what I did. I’ve been married for 19 years and every day I’m working to be a better man for my family, seeking guidance along the way. I’m doing everything I can so I never resemble that man again,” he said in a statement released to the New York Times in 2015.

“I apologize to the women I’ve hurt,” he added. “I deeply regret what I did and know that it has forever impacted all of our lives.”

Last month, Barnes revealed that she was homeless and launched a GoFundMe campaign to help raise money to find a new home for her and her daughters. On Thursday, she said she was still homeless and rotating between staying with a friend and renting Airbnbs. She’s raised more than $30,000 so far.

“I had several jobs, but I couldn’t keep the rent up,” said Barnes, who’s now penning a book. “The stuff I was trying to do on the side — the freelancing — that wasn’t coming through.”

She added, “I just wanted to stop the eviction.”

that article gives new meaning to an old Dr Dre lyric;

Well it's on and on and on and on
Yo the beat don't stop until the break of dawn
Yo Every b!tch I know wanna get with me
The muthaf*ckin notorious D.R.E.*
Spit game at a b!tch when her niggas around
and you know most hoes know not to clown
cause if a b!tch try to diss me while I'm full of liquor
I'll smack the b!tch up and shoot the nigga that's with her
that's the type of nigga that you're listening to
talk to you for a minute then mt dick's in you

Dre goes in @ 1:45

* makes you wonder if that's where Big, or Puff, got the name from

TLDR

Williams: Did Dre sexually assault you?
Barnes: This is too uncomfortable for me to talk about.
Williams: Your silence is speakin' volumes

Back