Welcome To aBlackWeb

DJ Paul Sues Travis Scott For $20M

Actually $20 Mil is right.

The term of copyright for a particular work depends on several factors, including whether it has been published, and, if so, the date of first publication. As a general rule, for works created after January 1, 1978, copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years.

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html

Let's say Travis Scott lives for another 30 years. The copyright is good for that 30 years he's alive + another 70 years = 100 years.

How much money will that Travis Scott song generate over the next 100 years? And DJ Paul thinks the song was inspired by his original song!?!?

It's entirely possible that the Travis Scott song will generate $100 Million over the next 100 years. DJ Paul asking for $20 Mil is the right amount imo.
You really think it's possible for him to earn $100 mill off the one song in the next century? lmao take yo meds grandpa

You really think it's possible for him to earn $100 mill off the one song in the next century? lmao take yo meds grandpa

I think it's possible that the original Tear Da Club Up could generate $100 Mil in the next 100 years. That's one of 3-6's most popular songs. Also, considering inflation, $100 Million will be like $100 Thousand a century from now.

I was watching basketball today and they were playing It Takes Two by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock during a timeout. That song could generate $100 Million in the next century.

I think it's possible that the original Tear Da Club Up could generate $100 Mil in the next 100 years. That's one of 3-6's most popular songs. Also, considering inflation, $100 Million will be like $100 Thousand a century from now.
Taking inflation into account 100yrs ago $40k would be roughly equal to a Mil today

I was watching basketball today and they were playing It Takes Two by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock during a timeout. That song could generate $100 Million in the next century.
You're greatly over estimating how much songs make

You're greatly over estimating how much songs make

Well here's a song by Scott Joplin that he, "recorded" in 1890, approximately 130 years ago (He played the song and it was recorded onto sheet music that could be read by a player piano). When you take inflation into account, the value of the copyright and Publishing rights to this song could be astronomical.

Well here's a song by Scott Joplin that he, "recorded" in 1890, approximately 130 years ago (He played the song and it was recorded onto sheet music that could be read by a player piano). When you take inflation into account, the value of the copyright and Publishing rights to this song could be astronomical.

Reminds me of playin Busytown as a youngsta

busytown.png

MF who the fuck is playing this song, let's say, in the last 50+ years

Nope. especially since your argument seems to be majorly based off of inflation

That Teavis Scott song was trash. Damn I had to push stop. I don't understand how yall listen to that garbage man. Shit hurt my ears. 3-6 song sounded way better. I hope Paul win.

its an obvious spin/play off of 3/6....everything about it

I wrote a caffeine high review on astroworld and gave him his props for fuckin wit 3/6 cuz I JUST KNEW he had the go on that...like, why wouldnt he?

im not wishing nothing bad on TS, but I do feel like Paul and Juice are owed something

hopefully it works out for everybody

now im just sittin back thinking of the other "odes" on the album.....did he talk to Goodie Mob (or more specifically organized noize)?.....shit, what about the DJ Screw interview clips?

did they kidnap Tuck and make him say "Astroworld is Nassty" or was that even him?

TS gotta clean this up lol

Back