Welcome To aBlackWeb

DJ Akademiks said the pioneers of Hip Hop are dusty and Broke LL Cool J responds

Your Thoughts On Akademiks Calling The Pioneers "Dusty"

• He's right

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Akademiks is wack

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Damn…….wtf
Great way to put it.
this is why I rather monetize everything we touch vs doing shit for fun or love while they put their kids thru college and build generations of wealth.
But we having fun tho.

Just saying. Its easier to drive to your destination on the paved road than to figure out the route, get engineers, architects, and construction folks to pave the road

Once again no one watched the video and just responding to click bait titles. In the clip i saw Ak didnt even call all hiphop pioneers broke and dusty. He said when you see some of them do interviews, they be looking broke and dusty and you unsure if they were even pioneers of anything (Im still looking for the video. Everyone dick riding and just reposting LL or anyone else famous trashing Ak, for clicks)And lets be real, that shit is true, but everyone loves piling on the easy targets.

Yall really should be jumping on all these rich niggas that all of a sudden wanna big up the pioneers. If Russ and LL care so much why dont they put together some sorta tour to put money in their pockets.

Edit: Found a link with audio, looks like i was a lil off on what he said.

He said, "Have you seen any of these old rappers that call themselves the foundation of hiphop, living good? Those niggas be looking old and dusty, i kid you not. Everytime its like an old old nigga talking about hip hop, you be like, "Are you sure you invented this shit, cuz everyone else living better than you".

Last edited:
Once again no one watched the video and just responding to click bait titles. In the clip i saw Ak didnt even call all hiphop pioneers broke and dusty. He said when you see some of them do interviews, they be looking broke and dusty and you unsure if they were even pioneers of anything (Im still looking for the video. Everyone dick riding and just reposting LL or anyone else famous trashing Ak, for clicks)And lets be real, that shit is true, but everyone loves piling on the easy targets.

Yall really should be jumping on all these rich niggas that all of a sudden wanna big up the pioneers. If Russ and LL care so much why dont they put together some sorta tour to put money in their pockets.

but I’m saying how we know who broke and who ain’t how we defining it here. If they got 500,000 in the bank are they still broke

but I’m saying how we know who broke and who ain’t how we defining it here. If they got 500,000 in the bank are they still broke
I did an edit to the post but lets be real, some of them do be looking broke af in interviews, and not just regular. Its the same with those youtube interviews with old dealers talmbout all the money they made during the crack era, and how fly they were. Meanwhile these niggas missing teeth n shit looking bummy.

Financial literacy is a thing now.
Our culture promotes get it fast spend it fast… then we say niggas is broke.
On the flip side….niggas shouldn’t be stuntin. Rich niggas are problematic an want to show they got money to everyone.
At the end of the day….
Niggas always wants to dictate the extremes

Well I know back in the 80s, a rapper might get $1,000 per show. Maybe even 5 or 10k if they had a hot album.

But if you don't know how to pay taxes, manage money, how to invest it, how to read contracts etc. I can see how you might gross 100k in one year, but at 18, 19, 20 years old you might blow that money on drugs, champagne, women, cars, etc. and find yourself in trouble with the IRS. The music industry is swift and changeable so you could have been really hot circa 1984/85 and be washed up by 1988.

It's not the artists fault. Nobody could have predicted thatHip Hop would be a million or Billion dollar industry.

Grandmaster Caz said when Rapper's Delight came out, he tried to sue Sugarhill records. They gave him a check and told him not to say anything. Since then he's not supposed to even talk about it.

Back