Welcome To aBlackWeb

DC's Swamp Thing

It seems the streaming landscape may be changing for several superheroes at DC Entertainment. In the wake of reports confirming the cancellation of Swamp Thing, a piece by Deadline suggests the DC Universe platform is currently being reevaluated by executives.

Not long ago, Deadline shared a piece about the cancellation of Swamp Thing, and it was there the trade said DC Universe is “being reevaulated” much like “every other initiative” housed under WarnerMedia.

This reported revisit is being done in light of AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner. The merge created WarnerMedia, the company now overseeing platforms such as DC Universe. In the past, reports have suggested WarnerMedia is focused on creating a versatile streaming service of its own, and Deadline reports questions have been asked about how the “DC Universe fits into those plans.”

As for Swamp Thing, the show’s abrupt cancellation could be a one-off dead end for DC Universe, or it could be the first should the WarnerMedia evaluation take a turn. This horror-centric series only made it one episode in before being axed, but it seems DC Universe will release the rest of the show. Originally, Swamp Thing was ordered with 13 episodes, but Deadline says the leadership at WarnerMedia was never too keen on the series. It was for that reason Swamp Thing cut down its episode order to 10, and now the show has been cancelled entirely.

This latest series might not have wowed the higher-ups overseeing DC Universe, but it is not the only show on the streaming platform. DC Universe first stepped out with Titans which has been given a second season already. Doom Patrol hit the service shortly before Swamp Thing, and its over-the-top characters have already enamored fans who are still waiting on news of a second season.

4COMMENTS
Earlier this year, fans did get an update on the DC Universe slate at a panel during WonderCon. It was there the streaming service confirmed it would be bringing DC Comics backlogs to the site, and a slew of television and film projects were revealed to be coming to subscribers. Titans will return to DC Universe with season 2 in Fall 2019 before the animated series Harley Quinn follows in late Fall 2019. Additionally, DC Universe announced season one of Krypton would debut on DC Universe starting in April 2019. Finally, the release date for the mid-season premiere of Young Justice: Outsiders was revealed as July 2, 2019.

North Carolina fucking with folks lively hood. Wilmington (where I live) is a solid sized city that is a small time player in the film industry. Supposedly the state and WB' s paper pushers had a misunderstanding with the tax break amount and that along with various other reasons is why this show was canceled.

The film industry helps bring a decent amount of revenue to this city and some of these assholes are screwing financial opportunities for the many.

They literally filmed episodes for this show behind where I live for a couple of weeks

That's crazy, so it's more nc's fault...

But WB act like they not a billion dollar company.... They take L's all the time for worse shit....

They could have taken a financial L for the first season and bounced back of the strength that the show is actually fucking good..... SMH... So fucking blown.

Again the core material is there...
The artistic minds are there..

It's just the execs and money people who have no fucking idea on what's actually good an what's shit who just habitually fuck shit up for no good reason.....

So frustrating....

I dont think some of you understand how bad it is for your area for these places to film in

DC might be a billion dollar company but if a state is gonna give you millions of dollars in tax breaks, thats damn near like shooting their for free. They are upset they're gonna have to fork over money to continue the show there.

These projects dont bring the money to the cities like you think they do.

I dont think some of you understand how bad it is for your area for these places to film in

DC might be a billion dollar company but if a state is gonna give you millions of dollars in tax breaks, thats damn near like shooting their for free. They are upset they're gonna have to fork over money to continue the show there.

These projects dont bring the money to the cities like you think they do.

It isnt about how much money the DC or Warner Brother's gets to make the movie in the state or city. It's about how much residual jobs it creates. Of course if the states or cities feel they are losing more as a whole than they make paying to have these people film there then the states or cities should reconsider the deal.

But living in a city that thrives off of tourism and the film industry I can tell you 1st hand that it has helped this place expand over the years and brought lots of outside companies and investors.

Last edited:
North Carolina fucking with folks lively hood. Wilmington (where I live) is a solid sized city that is a small time player in the film industry. Supposedly the state and WB' s paper pushers had a misunderstanding with the tax break amount and that along with various other reasons is why this show was canceled.

The film industry helps bring a decent amount of revenue to this city and some of these assholes are screwing financial opportunities for the many.

They literally filmed episodes for this show behind where I live for a couple of weeks

Fuck North Carolina

All of this could've been avoided if they had just checked in with the big homie @Cain before starting production.

It isnt about how much money the DC or Warner Brother's gets to make the movie in the state or city. It's about how much residual jobs it creates. Of course if the states or cities feel they are losing more as a whole than they make paying to have these people film there then the states or cities should reconsider the deal.

But living in a city that thrives off of tourism and the film industry I can tell you 1st hand that it has helped this place expand over the years and brought lots of outside companies and investors.

*edit*

My bad bruh.

I thought you said residential jobs instead of residual jobs.

Everything you said makes sense now.

Last edited:

tourism is actual money

these residuals you talking about from hollywood filming in a city might as well be bigfoot

you know how many movies/shows are filmed right outside of my job in Baton Rouge? And we dont have anything tangible to show for it.

I can find you numerous articles that support what im saying. At this point, its just a conversation peace. There is really no financial incentive for the cities/states at the end of the day. They take away money from critical services to give tax breaks to hollywood to film all for a "thanks to" in the rolling credits

tourism is actual money

these residuals you talking about from hollywood filming in a city might as well be bigfoot

you know how many movies/shows are filmed right outside of my job in Baton Rouge? And we dont have anything tangible to show for it.

I can find you numerous articles that support what im saying. At this point, its just a conversation peace. There is really no financial incentive for the cities/states at the end of the day. They take away money from critical services to give tax breaks to hollywood to film all for a "thanks to" in the rolling credits

I'm talking about actual jobs getting created to service the industry.. like more hotels, restaurants, catering services, limo and private driver services, shit it could even help real estate, etc. Some folks in the industry end up liking the areas so much they buy homes or land which could and has prompted more of their friends and family to do so

I understand every place is different but the city I live in it helped it grow a little more and it can and can not do the same for other places.

I'm talking about actual jobs getting created to service the industry.. like more hotels, restaurants, catering services, limo and private driver services, shit it could even help real estate, etc. Some folks in the industry end up liking the areas so much they buy homes or land which could and has prompted more of their friends and family to do so

I understand every place is different but the city I live in it helped it grow a little more and it can and can not do the same for other places.
fam, come on now...this is certainly an exception and not the rule

think about it

Swamp Thing takes place in Louisiana, but was filmed in NC. Not an actual complaint b/c this happens all the time, but to the average person not up on that, they not gonna know just off the rip and they not waiting until the end credits to see where it was filmed

key word in your rebuttal is some, but how do you measure that exactly?

Like im not even sure if Brad or Angelina still live in NOLA or rather, if they still have a home here. That's two people in an industry of thousands.

Back