Welcome To aBlackWeb

FX Dave (Season 3)

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy
untitled-little-dicky-image.jpg

FX Networks has handed a series order to a half-hour comedy based on the life of rapper and comedian Lil Dicky. This comes after it piloted the project with the star, whose real name is Dave Burd.

The Untitled Lil Dicky series is co-created by Burd and The League creator Jeff Schaffer and is exec produced by Kevin Hart, Superbad’s Greg Mottola, who directed the pilot, The Big Bang Theory writer Saladin Patterson, Scooter Braun, Marty Bowen, Mike Hertz, James Shin and Scott Manson.

The show centers on a suburban neurotic man in his late 20s who has convinced himself that he’s destined to be one of the best rappers of all time. Now he must convince his closest friends, because with their help, he might actually convince the world.

The series is produced by FX Productions, in association with Hart’s Hartbeat Productions and SB Projects. It was ordered by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions.

“Not only has Dave Burd cemented his place in the rap community, but he’s now poised to take over TV with his infectious comedic sensibility in his own series,” said Grad. “We’re thrilled to have partnered with an impressive creative team featuring Jeff Schaffer, Saladin Patterson, Kevin Hart, Greg Mottola and Scooter Braun to bring the story of Lil Dicky to TV audiences.”

Burd added, “I’m so thankful for everyone who made this possible, it really is what I’ve been dreaming about since I was a kid. I love making people laugh, it’s my favorite thing ever. And even though I’m still fully in love with and committed to my career as a rapper, I’m excited to write jokes that don’t need to rhyme every time. Ugh, that rhymed.”

https://deadline.com/2019/02/fx-lil-dicky-1202566090/

must be nice.

rap music is officially a joke.

i guess it's time for us to once again create something brand new to express ourselves that will eventually get co-opted and subsequently perverted by these devils.

Is atlanta even considered a comedy? I know there’s a lot of humor but a lot of other shit too. Dave s1 was hilarious and good. Atlanta is just different imo and I love it.

Side note : that ep in s2 of atlanta where Earn trying to play that weird game at that German (or whatever) party was the funniest shit I seen in a long time.

Dave was hillarious for like 3 episodes but fell off after. Not close to ATL as a show. Southside still the funniest comedy by episode.

Yeah kind of unfair to compare Dave to ATL. Both are great shows. Both can be considered "Dramedies", I would say Dave is a bit more Comedic than ATL and while both shows can hit you in the feels, i think ATL touches on subjects that make you think way more.

I watched

I figured they would do some outta the box/outta left field shit w the 1st 2 episodes...and they DID

More wierd drama, than comedy. iight watch

Last edited:
Back