Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you be "woke" and date white people?

Until someone tells me Harry Belafonte's contributions don't matter, fuck this thread...seriously.

Ya know what? Once...JUST ONCE, I wanna see one of these conscience dudes come out with a Asian, Latina, or Middle Eastern woman on their arm.....just to see how the Femtuckery (Femtep Fuckery - patent pending) of collective sistahs pulling their braids out of not knowing what to do manifest itself. It's REAL easy to rage at Stacey and Amanda....what about Rosa, Aki, or Halah?

I’m going to go with no. Can you fall in love with whoever, sure. But as the lady stated White and Black aren’t just complexion signifiers. They’re words that denote different ends of the social, political power spectrum. I don’t necessarily have a problem with interracial dating and relationships, but I just simply feel that it is hypocritical to a degree to be in public as an African or Black American shouting Power to the People, or “Tangibles(insert election year here)” and then go home to a colonizer’s descendant. I understand that there are black men and women that who date interracially who are doing their best to have a tangibly positive impact on the community, but it’s all correlative to me. Who wants to be viewed as if they’ve gone full-on “coon”, “Uncle Tom” even? I’d wager none of us want that. I’d also wager that guilty people will make extreme gestures to proclaim their innocence

How do you promote the beauty, and sing oh how it is so amazing to be a brother or sister when you go home, and behind closed doors do the exact opposite. Now again, I’m not across the board just opposed to interracial dating, but I can’t help but feel as if, now more than ever we need to be promoting the Black man and woman, creating the black boy and girl. The Black house is important.

White people, as a whole, have shown us that if nothing else, they will be unapologetic in their appropriation of our lives and experience without actually taking the initiative to help us build ourselves back up. They’ve plainly shown us that they will be unapologetic culture vultures. They’ve plainly shown us that our qualities, our essence is a fetish in which they would like to enjoy from a distance. And, no I’m not exactly saying that we deserve handouts. I don’t care about being handed anything. But what I do care about is the history. The history plainly states that our ancestors were kidnapped and trapped into building their nation because they were too cheap and lazy to do it on their own. So am I saying we deserve reparations? No, I’m saying we deserve programs that can aid us in building our community. And we cannot ultimately build our community back up unless our young brothers and sisters will keep their genitals amongst one and another. They know their numbers are withering, they would love to do the same to us. And, I don’t want any of this that I’m saying to come off as overtly “woke”. But, what is true, is that the US was meant to be a melting pot of people where the original ethnicities would one day be the minority, while the biracial/mixed man and woman would be the majority. You can’t be a vulture when the ones setting the culture aren’t exactly anything, one way or the other.

There was a time on this same land and soil where in a white man would bend a black woman over a desk, or order her to lay on her back and proceed to penetrate her while her black husband was ordered to watch, helplessly. Why was he helpless? Because he had no choice to watch, no choice but to allow the plantation master to indulge in his fetish, lest he do something reckless that would only end in the death of him, her and whatever children they had. No, we’re not them, we’re not our ancestors, and these whites aren’t our plantation masters, in any literal sense. But, the fetishes, the social and economical ramifications remain.

I know this was all a bit long winded, may even come off as crazy. It’s just been something I’ve been thinking about for a minute now. I’m not a catch with the sisters, but I’m holding out hope that whatever higher power is out there will one day shine some light on me in the form of a beautiful Black sister.

Why dont these woke people ever ask their non black spouses the names and employments of all the racist white and non black people they know? Before you criticize on why thats not important, ahmaud arbery killer was plotting for months, the town knew, abner louimas killer had a black girlfriend so she knew he was racist. Knowing the names of terrorist can save your life. Everyone knew dylan roof was racist, look what happened

Why dont these woke people ever ask their non black spouses the names and employments of all the racist white and non black people they know? Before you criticize on why thats not important, ahmaud arbery killer was plotting for months, the town knew, abner louimas killer had a black girlfriend so she knew he was racist. Knowing the names of terrorist can save your life. Everyone knew dylan roof was racist, look what happened

Cosign, like I said here

Woke to me only means being aware of the plight of black people in this country.

So the answer is yes a black person can be woke and date a white person.

Now will their message hit the same, I'm going to have to say no.

A black person looks funny in the light preaching black love, unity, family, etc but in a relationship with a white person.

Woke to me only means being aware of the plight of black people in this country.

So the answer is yes a black person can be woke and date a white person.

Now will their message hit the same, I'm going to have to say no.

A black person looks funny in the light preaching black love, unity, family, etc but in a relationship with a white person.
Isn't this a contradiction though? Like you understand the plight of black people yet your mate doesn't? Or rather can't relate?

Back