Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can U Tell Someone's Personality By Their Top 5?

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
@Like_Water felt a way by an observation I made in a separate thread. I don't think I was off, but let's see if I was bugging.

If somebody was to say his top 5 was:

Lil yatchy
Lil Pump
XXX
Offset
21 Savage

Could you get an idea of who this person was?

If a mf said his top 5 was:

Gza
Lupe
MF Doom
Tyler The Creator
Eminem

Could you get an idea of who this person is?

I can:

Screenshot_70.png

If a mf says he listens to Madonna and ... yall see where i'm going.

Good thread bruh.

And to asnwer your question, absolutely.

I been listening to Daylyt periscope lately, and bruh is different...but it's in a good way.

His lyrical ability is high...like i cant think of many other artitist PERIOD that can do what he does with words...other than Lupe. But if you take the time to listen to this video, he breaks it down perfectly. His whole rant answers the question posed in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Like_Water felt a way by an observation I made in a separate thread. I don't think I was off, but let's see if I was bugging.

Lil yatchy
Lil Pump
XXX
Offset
21 Savage

Gza
Lupe
MF Doom
Tyler The Creator
Eminem

I can:

View attachment 111918

I'm honored, my nigga. You took the time out of your day to make a thread that originated from our little convo? I had no idea that it was that important to you.

Allow me to be one of the first to respond to your inquiry. Of course you can tell SOME of a person's personality by their taste in music. It isn't, however, the end all be all to that type of hypothesis. There are plenty of people that I've encountered that have musical tastes that are completely contrary to their personality. It's not some unlikely occurrence.

Also, this thread's origin reeks of emotion. Ya know, fwiw.

Ok here’s my top 5
Tech n9ne
Lord Infamous
Violent J
Esham
Scarface

Now guess my personality
insane-clown-posse-2013-fans-26e2e53573923f7e.jpg

I'm honored, my nigga. You took the time out of your day to make a thread that originated from our little convo? I had no idea that it was that important to you.

Allow me to be one of the first to respond to your inquiry. Of course you can tell SOME of a person's personality by their taste in music. It isn't, however, the end all be all to that type of hypothesis. There are plenty of people that I've encountered that have musical tastes that are completely contrary to their personality. It's not some unlikely occurrence.

tenor.gif

Just like a comic book nerd nigga, emotional.

I think both answers can be true.

When we look at our (black) people, the depection of what we "should" be only fits a segment of the collective when it comes to personality. And without trying to go to far on a tangent, the music that is deemed popular can also be labeled destructive. And that has been a reality for us for centuries. There's been so mich unveiled in this age of information that proves without a shadow of a doubt that there has been a concerted effort to ensure that we embrace negativity.

That which is deemed "cool" when it comes to our culture is something that historically has been dictated by the youth. And what better way to ensure that the present generation adopts a cetrain mentality than through music? And we ALL can point to records that we like that push a narrative that might not technically align with our values....and IMO thats by design....but i personally realized the game early....so i decided to gravitate to something different...but kept the same ear for overrall content. Everyone doesnt think like that tho....

And whether you realize it or not, music does have an effect on you. Its all based on vibrations....but thats another topic. Why do you think R Kelly is still around? He IS a musical genuis. He wasnt calling himself the "Pied Piper" for no reason...but that's another topic.

But i say all that to say that the music that you like most definitely can give a glimpse into who you are as a person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil yatchy
Lil Pump
XXX
Offset
21 Savage

Gza
Lupe
MF Doom
Tyler The Creator
Eminem

I can:

View attachment 111918

Not all the way top 5s change sometimes but are generally the same. If all their top 5 is as extreme as this list then yea i think it easier to make assumptions. But if somebody was to say Luda, jadakiss, jayz, tupac and dmx im not going to be able to assume anything but age.

Some people live vicariously via music. In other words, the kid that got shoved into lockers in high school listens to gangsta rap, not because he's a gangsta, but because he wishes he was a gangsta. In his mind he fantasizes about being a tough guy that doesn't give a shit.

This same person is going to go to college, get a masters degree in microbiology or physics and work around nerdy white people until he retires, but he listens to gangsta rap in the car on the way to work because it gets him hyped up. He lives vicariously through the music. That's why 50 Cent and Eminem sold so many records, White kids can relate to Eminem and anybody that ever saw themself as an underdog could relate to 50 Cent.

That's one way to look at it.

Another thing I noticed, a lot of people you might consider gangsta or thugs (i.e. Black kid from the ghetto) listen to Reggae.

Some people live vicariously via music. In other words, the kid that got shoved into lockers in high school listens to gangsta rap, not because he's a gangsta, but because he wishes he was a gangsta. In his mind he fantasizes about being a tough guy that doesn't give a shit.

This same person is going to go to college, get a masters degree in microbiology or physics and work around nerdy white people until he retires, but he listens to gangsta rap in the car on the way to work because it gets him hyped up. He lives vicariously through the music. That's why 50 Cent and Eminem sold so many records, White kids can relate to Eminem and anybody that ever saw themself as an underdog could relate to 50 Cent.

That's one way to look at it.

Another thing I noticed, a lot of people you might consider gangsta or thugs (i.e. Black kid from the ghetto) listen to Reggae.

Nah, cuz those same white kids top 5 are normally all white rappers.

Eminem
MGK
G eazy
etc

No. but you can see what they appreciate and have a lack of appeciation for shots fired at lil fraggle rock fans...

my top 5 in no order as of today

Juvie
Lupe
Jay
Ross
Old Kanye

diagnose me site owner

Back