Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black real estate agents arrested at a philly starbucks for not ordering anything

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy

Two Black real estate agents were arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks for waiting for a friend who showed up as they were being handcuffed. The police were called by a barista because the men hadn’t ordered anything, yet.

Many of the white patrons at the Starbucks wondered why they have never been arrested while waiting to meet someone for coffee.

Philly PD posted a statement in regards to the matter on their twitter account

for those about that action, here is their contact info:

2BB54BCB-6310-4562-A485-E20585543398.jpeg

Are you required to buy some at Starbucks if you sit inside? If not, no reason for them to be arrested and then their friend shows up after they’re arrested. Unbelievable

lol I guess asking them to wait outside if they weren't going to order anything was too much to ask for huh.

Not that they should have been called to begin with, but did they really need 12 cops for 2 black men chillin at Starbucks?

Yet another reason to say fuck the police.

If anything, tell them they need to buy something or to wait outside. But to cuff and arrest them is bullshit.

I get what you're saying, but we should really stop mulling over things to rush to say fuck the cops. It gets kinda swept under the rug, but low key a lot of these crazy incidents involving the cops wouldn't happen if dumb and racist people didn't constantly call the police because black men are existing in their presence. Cops have actually commented on this before.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ighbors/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d85deb88d970

I'm guessing legally the cops had to come and remove them if they were called for trespassing. Not sure why it took so many cops to get the job done. I blame the Starbucks employee who called.

And I don't believe all the white patrons were sympathetic. Maybe the one who tweeted and she probably slept just fine that night.

lol I guess asking them to wait outside if they weren't going to order anything was too much to ask for huh.

I get what you're saying, but we should really stop mulling over things to rush to say fuck the cops. It gets kinda swept under the rug, but low key a lot of these crazy incidents involving the cops wouldn't happen if dumb and racist people didn't constantly call the police because black men are existing in their presence. Cops have actually commented on this before.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ighbors/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d85deb88d970

I think he was just in saying “Fuck the police”

I'm guessing legally the cops had to come and remove them if they were called for trespassing. Not sure why it took so many cops to get the job done. I blame the Starbucks employee who called.

And I don't believe all the white patrons were sympathetic. Maybe the one who tweeted and she probably slept just fine that night.

No.. the cops have discretion. And it wasnt trespassing

same shit happened to me in center city on jewelers row.

me and my homie was sitting in the car waiting for his lady to get off of work....next thing you know all these cops pull up asking for id with they guns out.

here her ass saw us and turned and was walking away...and called from up the block asking was everything ok while they was "checking " us out.

she then came up the street and they left with no apology

That's a civil suit,Starbucks gonna have to come up off a bag,with those overrated dranks. Those bacon

egg and cheese croissants are on point though.

Are you required to buy some at Starbucks if you sit inside? If not, no reason for them to be arrested and then their friend shows up after they’re arrested. Unbelievable
nah the one down the street from my old crib used to let this guy come thru every day and set up his DESK TOP computer and use it all day....fam was pirating movies and everything

Back