Welcome To aBlackWeb

Baltimore wut iz yu dewin?

LOL@ surprising discovery. I am still not good at math because of those shitty schools. Nothing new here and thy still don't have heat for black schools.

Hard to comment honestly without bashing bc I'm in one of the counties in MD that's close to BMore.
There is a stigma that surrounds the bmore school systems and the talk aint good at all. I hope these kids rise above the negative and prosper

I don't know how they do it in other cities, but in Baltimore you test into high school. If you're not a strong student you go to "zone" schools.

The zone schools always had very low numbers. Those 13 schools were all zone schools.

The stronger students academically test into the better schools. Mostly City, Poly, Western, Dunbar

City was my high school, they still test pretty high

I don't know how they do it in other cities, but in Baltimore you test into high school. If you're not a strong student you go to "zone" schools.

The zone schools always had very low numbers. Those 13 schools were all zone schools.

The stronger students academically test into the better schools. Mostly City, Poly, Western, Dunbar

City was my high school, they still test pretty high
How many zone schools are there vs regular schools? If it's more zone schools I have a problem with that...

I mean, when you're in middle school, it's like a big deal when it comes to testing... Cuz everybody wants to make it to one of the better schools...

Even now, most people that graduated from my school work hard to get their kids up there too. The alumni association puts tons of money into the school. And they consistently perform well.

Those numbers are fucked up, but the reality is those kids been doing bad for a while. I never forget when I was in 8th grade they pulled me and 3 other kids in the office to tell us we tested in the top 3 percentile in the whole city and we can go to any highschool we wanted.

Shit was like "oh" for me, but the best day in the world for my moms. I was low key salty for a while cuz all my friends were going to be at zone schools.

I also had an athletic scholarship to an all boys high school.... But I was like fuck that, all boys and mostly white kids... I'll just go to City

Screenshot_20200923-064532.png Screenshot_20200923-064541.png

How many zone schools are there vs regular schools? If it's more zone schools I have a problem with that...
There's way more zone schools

I think there's something like 40 pubic high schools

Prolly 5 are college prep, the top tier schools
7-8 trade schools... Which are also pretty good

And the rest zone.

It's all based on test scores

There's way more zone schools

I think there's something like 40 pubic high schools

Prolly 5 are college prep, the top tier schools
7-8 trade schools... Which are also pretty good

And the rest zone.

It's all based on test scores
Did yall just go through a redistrict?

You got charter schools like the one in the video, private schools, I mean there's options....

But if public is your only option... The best chance you got is getting good test scores from the jump.

I was one of those kids who used to live in the library... Grades were always a big deal

Not to my knowledge.

It's always been like that far as I know
I work in Howard and they just went through a significant redistricting.
I ask that to say, redistricting kids to different zones alters testing scores for the good and bad.

I work in Howard and they just went through a significant redistricting.
I ask that to say, redistricting kids to different zones alters testing scores for the good and bad.
I know parents can fight for their kids to get in one of the better schools of it's in their community... But they gotta test in

Back