Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Album Review Board (Mac Miller - Swimming)

Rate "Swimming"

• Total voters

ABW

This will be ABW's version of the Source's 5 mic system. (Drop suggestions on what we should replace the mics with ( 5 webs?) etc.)

The system will have 3 parts.

1. Once an album drops I'll add a poll with 10 options.

5 (mics)
4 1/2
3 1/2
etc

That will count as 33% of the review.

2. The main ABW Album Review Board.

In order to be in the album review board for the album in question. You must write a review that's atleast 200 words (that's about a paragraph). When you write your review you have to use the same grading system as above. I'll get the average of the reviews from the ABW Album review board and that will count as 33%.

3. Whoever has the longest review, their review will count as 33% of the review by itself, being that they took the most time to break down the album in their review.

I'll use the avg from all 3 and that will be the rating for the album.

For example

Drake's Scorpion

1. Most of the votes in the poll was a 3 1/2 rating.

2. The avg rating from the Review Board was 3

3. The rating from the best written review was 4

The overall rating would be 3.5

From now on I'll add the poll to the thread of the album, but being that I didn't do it for the albums that just dropped last month I'll make a poll for em in here.

This week we'll be reviewing the Drake album. Bout to add the poll now.

If you drop a review it has to be 200 words or more.

Now Up:
Mac%20Miller_Swimming.jpg

I like the subject matter about depression,self-healing and growth . Thundercat, Snoop Dogg added some funk to it. Solid project

4 mics.

Solid album from start to finish. It’s his final album, unknowingly to him, and it writes him off perfectly.

Good album. The mood is just too goddamn crazy considering his recent demise. It’s a personal/retrospective type album that’s executed pretty well. He’s grown as an artist compared to his first joint. Hip hop lost a good one.

4 mics

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fc65c505843ab67fb731b9afd11f11da7.1000x1000x1.jpg

After 5 years The Underground Avengers(Bukshot, Claas, Boondox) are back with their first full length album
1.Intro-Its an Intro so no ranking, n/a
2.The Rising ft. Demi Demaree-Great track to set the mood of the album. Really love chorus on this one. I felt Boondox had strongest verse. 8/10
3.Killer Instinct ft. Q Bosilini-The first single released from album and judging from beat you can tell it was made for the whip. Seven really put in work for this beat.
All three members had equally dope verses. 9/10
4.Bring the Blood-This is a solo track from Bukshot. He flat out unleashes his rage on this. Seven guitar riffs really bring a bang to this track. 9/10
5.Yeti Cup-This is obviously supposed to be a party track of the album. It has mainstream trap vibe going for it. Claas really went in on this one. 8/10
6.My Room ft. Mr. Grey-Amazing song. Once again seven just shows how versatile he is a producer and The Underground Avengers know how to make this beat shine. Everyone spazzed out on this track. 10/10
7.Hold On ft.Crucifix- A great song about inner struggle and fighting. Really powerful and uplifting. Bukshot's verse really stands out to me. 10/10
8.Masacra-This is interlude so no ranking. n/a
9.Algedonic-Loved this song. The chorus is staright genius. "I get so much pleasure from pain" I really how Boondox did his verse. 9/10
10.Calm Down-Meh filler track. Its not bad but kinda bland compared to the rest of the album. 5/10
11.Mesajul-Another interlude/skit. N/A
12.Goodfellas ft. Stevie Stone-This a straight up gangsta track. Claas demolished the beat and Stevie Stone killed the chorus(like always). 8/10
13.Strenger ft. Young Wicked- Loved the beat on this track and everyone came correct but, my main problem is young wicked is only on the chorus and doesn't have a verse. You do not put young wicked on a song and not give him a verse. 9/10
14.Enemies-A song were they reveal of the evil things they have done. Boondox had best verse in my opinion. 8/10
15.Thanoes-The best posse cut of 2018.The beat is so simple yet catchy. Everyone ripped but my personal favorite verse has got to be Rittz's. 10/10
16.Fin-Its the outro. n/a

Overall:A

This album was well worth the wait Boondox, Bukshot, Claas just sound so great together and when you combined their dope lyrics with Seven's production you're in for a good time.

Top Tracks:
Thanos
Bring the Blood
Strenger

Last edited:
This album been theraputic for me this past week. You can really just ride to it. I was smoking a blunt last night on my commute from work then I listened to wings.. damn Mac R.I.P still can't believe dude gone.

Back