Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Draft thread

Heard cole Anthony could go as low as top 20

He had a pretty bad season so the combine is gonna be huge for him to improve his draft stock.

I really tried to talk myself into this draft but damn....this draft class sucks

I don't think it's going to be as bad as many are trying to say it is. It is thin on star power but I feel it's going to be a decent amount of players drafted that's gonna stick around for solid careers as role players.

He had a pretty bad season so the combine is gonna be huge for him to improve his draft stock.

I don't think it's going to be as bad as many are trying to say it is. It is thin on star power but I feel it's going to be a decent amount of players drafted that's gonna stick around for solid careers as role players.

Yeah I should've rephrased that

I will say this is a real good draft if you're GM and kind of want to reach or take gamble on a player without much criticism

Some potential diamonds in the rough but nothing franchise changing imo

Yeah I should've rephrased that

I will say this is a real good draft if you're GM and kind of want to reach or take gamble on a player without much criticism

Some potential diamonds in the rough but nothing franchise changing imo

I agree with everything you said besides nothing franchise changing.

We will not know if any of these players are and aren't franchise changing for at least a few seasons after they are drafted. There are multiple examples of guys nobody seen as franchise players when they were drafted that is just that right now in the league. Guys like Kawhi and Giannis are two big examples off the top of my head.

You honestly never know how a good amount of these players are going to turn out

2013 was and still is seen as a bad draft yet it produced Gianis(15th pick) McCollum(14th pick) and Gobert who went in the 2nd rnd i think. I think its safe to say there will be a star or 2 and a handful of fringe all stars to be had. Like yall said if your scouting dept and gm are solid you should be straight. Wouldnt at all be surprised if this draft ends up like 2013.

2013 was and still is seen as a bad draft yet it produced Gianis(15th pick) McCollum(14th pick) and Gobert who went in the 2nd rnd i think. I think its safe to say there will be a star or 2 and a handful of fringe all stars to be had. Like yall said if your scouting dept and gm are solid you should be straight. Wouldnt at all be surprised if this draft ends up like 2013.

Gobert was a late 1st rounder but other than that I agree with you.

You never know how good or bad these drafts will be no matter what these prognosticators say. You have to wait at least a good 3 or 4 seasons after that draft to really see what players are going to be and some players take a bit longer than that if given an opportunity to shine

Last edited:
Anyone who read what Tyrese Haliburton wrote for his social media feed after the George Floyd killing saw an intelligent, thoughtful person. Teams that have done their background research have come away thinking similarly. Particularly, they point to his maturity and emotional intelligence. Sources have said that Haliburton will be able to adjust to just about any situation he’s put in early in his career, and will find success. Consistently, he’s come up as being one of the most impressive human beings in this class. This played a role in his move up to No. 5 on my board. More than that, though, the more tape I watch on Haliburton, the more I see pretty substantial upside if he’s able to fill out his frame with 20-25 more pounds throughout his career. I feel confident he’s going to be effective quickly in the NBA because of his diversity of skill-set as a potential secondary ballhandler. But there is some upside for more.

– via Sam Vecenie @ The Athletic

TCU’s Desmond Bane has really helped himself so far. Not only is he a great kid in terms of the background intel that teams have gathered, but also he’s gone into meetings with a clear-minded, level-headed view of what role he can play, and what he can bring to a team. The name Joe Harris has come up in comparison a few times, given Bane’s ability to knock down shots consistently, and the ability to knock them down off of movement. He hit 43.3 percent of his nearly 600 3-point attempts in college, with many of those either coming off of screens or on pull-ups.

Speaking of the combine, league sources have characterized the possibilities for the combine as fluid. The feeling is that the league does want to have some sort of in-person combine. Particularly, the league itself and team personnel want access to players’ medical information. That has always been the most important part of the combine, but it’s heightened even more this year because teams are unlikely to have players into their own facilities. In a memo the league released in early April, NBA team personnel may not conduct or attend any workout of any draft-eligible player in any location until further notice.

Per league sources, there’s an ongoing push within the NBA to hold some iteration of the draft combine, which would take place after the Aug. 25 lottery, most likely some time in September. The event is held annually in Chicago, a convenient central location for teams and players, and could still take place there, pending shifting health and safety circumstances amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Nothing has been set in stone yet, with the league’s primary focus having centered on the initial return to play. Given how complicated it’s been for the NBA to set up and negotiate the logistics for the Orlando site, it’s kind of hard to see the combine taking place within that bubble. That situation is still evolving. But there are some feasible pathways to safely conducting a limited version of the combine, while minimizing close-quarters contact and still benefitting all parties

The prevailing thought I’ve heard from teams in recent weeks is that the on-court portion, which typically includes individual drills and five-on-five play, seems likely (and, frankly, logically) to be limited, if it exists at all. The primary objective of a centralized combine would be to conduct player medicals and measurements, providing all 30 teams a common data set.

– via Sports Illustrated

Back