Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Women's Standards For Men Are Unrealistic

nah...let sway cook

i wanna read this
I'm break this down real clean:

I'm speaking completely from personal experience and this ties in with the "games" thread from yesterday. I feel like humans let our personal lives dictate too much. I feel playing "games or setting up "test" is a defense mechanism that developed from being burned in a past relationship. I don't think that's something that occurs naturally, especially in something that inherently is supposed to make you vulnerable like a relationship. You're supposed to be able to trust/rely on someone that you're that intimate with.

Same with the rigorous expectations we expect from others, mfs be expecting to snag a doctor when they working the late night drive thru @ wendy's. We got people out here who saw their parents fussing and fighting all the time, trashing each others clothes, phones, cars etc and thinking that's normal. Same with the parents that gas their daughters up with being treated like a princess, giving them the impression that the world is supposed to cater to their every need, then they get older and start to date and reality hit's them hard. They don't know how to cope with all those ridiculous expectations that their parents instilled in them, so it becomes "there aren't any good men around anymore" or "Men don't know how to treat a lady anymore" . And that brings me to my final point and the crux of the issue, as long as your s/o is fucking you right, treating you right, puts a smile on your face, and yall can chill with each other without feeling sick or tired of each of other, then it's all good, why do people need more than that?

I'm break this down real clean:

I'm speaking completely from personal experience and this ties in with the "games" thread from yesterday. I feel like humans let our personal lives dictate too much. I feel playing "games or setting up "test" is a defense mechanism that developed from being burned in a past relationship. I don't think that's something that occurs naturally, especially in something that inherently is supposed to make you vulnerable like a relationship. You're supposed to be able to trust/rely on someone that you're that intimate with.

Same with the rigorous expectations we expect from others, mfs be expecting to snag a doctor when they working the late night drive thru @ wendy's. We got people out here who saw their parents fussing and fighting all the time, trashing each others clothes, phones, cars etc and thinking that's normal. Same with the parents that gas their daughters up with being treated like a princess, giving them the impression that the world is supposed to cater to their every need, then they get older and start to date and reality hit's them hard. They don't know how to cope with all those ridiculous expectations that their parents instilled in them, so it becomes "there aren't any good men around anymore" or "Men don't know how to treat a lady anymore" . And that brings me to my final point and the crux of the issue, as long as your s/o is fucking you right, treating you right, puts a smile on your face, and yall can chill with each other without feeling sick or tired of each of other, then it's all good, why do people need more than that?

A dude working at Wendy's can't think about getting at a woman doctor/dentist? dayum.

Titles stop us from getting at a person?

Love is blind I thought - No Eve.

A dude working at Wendy's can't think about getting at a woman doctor/dentist? dayum.

Titles stop us from getting at a person?

Love is blind I thought - No Eve.
I don't think that was his point but I'll let him elaborate

A dude working at Wendy's can't think about getting at a woman doctor/dentist? dayum. .
Like ap said, that wasn't the point knock. I'm saying be realistic, if that's what you're after in a mate, try to lift your own status first. Get yourself a degree or a cert in a trade, otherwise homie @ wendy's is simply fantasizing. Which is another version of that cinderella mindset I was touching on in the op.

Nah but to 'Splain myself...

We all can be selfish. That is the number 1 cause of problems in all relationships. That on top of being too superficial or ignorant to the traits to look for in a mate that would lead to a lasting realtionship are also a problem.

Then I think people have false expeditions when getting into committed long term relationships. And then when faced with the reality, decide to call it quits. It aint easy...

Like ap said, that wasn't the point knock. I'm saying be realistic, if that's what you're after in a mate, try to lift your own status first. Get yourself a degree or a cert in a trade, otherwise homie @ wendy's is simply fantasizing. Which is another version of that cinderella mindset I was touching on in the op.

I hear you, but I just think everybody is fair game.

That's like you're saying that a doctor is better than that person that's working at a Wendys or at a Chillis, the doctor may make more money but that doesn't equate to them being off limits from someone working at Wendy's or working at a Chillis imo

What if I have a degree but just can't get hired and still working at Wendy's or Chillis, then it's still off limits for me to go after that dentist who is cleaning my teeth or that doctor I found attractive when I went in for a check-up?

I hear you, but I just think everybody is fair game.

That's like you're saying that a doctor is better than that person that's working at a Wendys or at a Chillis, the doctor may make more money but that doesn't equate to them being off limits from someone working at Wendy's or working at a Chillis imo
I'm not saying that at all, I'm basically saying be realistic, it's part of why people are so disappointed and unsatisfied in their personal lives because they're chasing after something that doesn't exist. That's the basic jist of the big paragraphs that I posted.

I agree with her whole heartedly. Don't get me wrong ....I will never settle for less than I deserve. And 9 times outta 10 a pretty boy is far less than any woman deserves. That's why Eminem is 10x hotter now than he was 15 years ago.
...at least to me..
Beard and all.

Last edited:
I don’t think I ask for much.
What I ask from a man is something I’m willing to give to my man or do for my man also.

I don’t think I ask for much.
What I ask from a man is something I’m willing to give to my man or do for my man also.

I used to be that way... Then after two failed marriages and a failed long term I realized they ain't worth it.

I gave so much of myself to those three men there wasnt much of "me" left. What's left ain't really worth it to anybody.

I used to be that way... Then after two failed marriages and a failed long term I realized they ain't worth it.

I gave so much of myself to those three men there wasnt much of "me" left. What's left ain't really worth it to anybody.
I’ve been there. One long term and one not so long term but I gave so much of me, I lost sight of myself.

I’m a whole different person from my last relationships. My sons dad talked to me the other day and told me he doesn’t even know me anymore. He said it’s like meeting a whole new person. This nigga used to be my best friend. He knew me almost better than myself.

I’m out here letting shit flow.

Back