Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Washed rappers

When it comes to Wiz and Curren$y it aint even about them falling off. I just realized one day that those niggas rap about the same shit over n over + i got tired of they voices.

I figured out that much about Wiz after listening to one album. K&OJ was decent, but from a rap standpoint every song was the same with just different beats.

None of the rappers in my top 10 are still around.

To everybody that thinks 80s rappers are ancient history, just wait another 10-15 years when you're in your 40s and you're trying to explain streaming to teenagers.

50- right after The Massacre
Beans- after prison n gettin’ shot
Bleek- After his 1st album

The Massacre was not a good album. Dope singles, but that shit was kinda trash. I woulda liked to hear it w the singles 50 gave Game and less tracks. For example if you put "How we do" and " Hate it or love it" and take out at least 5 tracks off it...whit might have actually been REALLY good.

I always felt w the right team around er Nicky coulda been one of the BEST female artist to ever do it....she is the most successful, but their I'd a difference. Music never had substance and I think a better team would have asked for more from her than another track about making a guy eat her pussy

There's two extremes for female rappers. They can either rap about sex, or they can rap about feminism and socially conscious issues (i.e. abortion, domestic violence, etc.). There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. Once you see a picture of a girl half naked with her ass hanging out it's difficult to take her seriously when she makes a socially conscious record.

For whatever reason, male rappers don't have to balance socially conscious raps with sex. They can do both.

I think E-40 is a West Coast version of KRS One. He's been in the game forever and has a cult following, but his music doesn't translate well in the opposite coast.

Back