Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Top 10 Female R&B Singers

Bruh I said Rihanna can’t sing not Aretha Smh but I’ll listen to Rih before that bullshit you posted. My point is nigs just listing Aretha because of accolades and folklore not off the music. I understand she a pioneer and all but nigga please. Do y’all got Kurtis Blow and Afrika Bambaataa in your top ten hip hop? Fuck no you don’t so cut the shit

I chose aretha because she is the goat, especially of her time. Do i listen to her everyday? No. Half of you niggas go weeks without listening to R&B so stop it. But I do agree that the list should be broken down and let all the generational goats compete against eachother

Top10 All Time????

Theres levels to this maaaaaan

I'm not gonna go back and forth but I will say why people forgetting brandy is a legend? Damn and the girl got vocals on top of vocals! She can and I repeat SHE CAN SING WITH THE GREATS. .....now I'm done.

As far as Patti Labelle, she can sing. She's one of the best singers DOA, but no I don't really listen to her like that.

But I listen to Aretha, my favorite song by her is Rocksteady

As far as Patti Labelle, she can sing. She's one of the best singers DOA, but no I don't really listen to her like that.

But I listen to Aretha, my favorite song by her is Rocksteady

I'm not gonna go back and forth but I will say why people forgetting brandy is a legend? Damn and the girl got vocals on top of vocals! She can and I repeat SHE CAN SING WITH THE GREATS. .....now I'm done.

I understand being a fan but how is Brandy a R&B legend? I won't even touch that last claim.

Janet Jackson
Erykah Badu
Anita Baker
Jill Scott
Toni Braxton
Amerie
Whitney Houston
Brandy
Minnie Riperton
Lauryn Hill

How it works: Drop your top 10 ranked, in order, from 1 to 10. Number 1 vote gets 10 points down to 1 point for a number 10 vote. Points will be tallied for the final rankings.

Final Standings:
1. Whitney Houston(82)
2. Aretha Franklin(59)
3. Patti Labelle(54)
4. Beyonce(48)
5. Mariah Carey(47)
6. Mary J Blige(44)
7. Anita Baker(43)
8. Sade(41)
9. Erykah Badu(33)
10. Jill Scott(28)

10. Lauryn Hill(28)

Points received in parenthesis

MJB and Beyonce should be swapped

Smh @ patti and Aretha being in the top 5. Travesty.

Back