Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Roles We Play

BDP™️

Acknowledge Moi
During that Kandy thread last night many of the comments got me to thinking...

Its no secret that many(all) of us on ABW are playing a "role". Forums are similar to a WWE type of environment where most posters are a persona and play different roles on the forum...sometimes it can be their real personality turned up...or even a complete 180 from who they are "in real life"

Posters of ABW where does your real self end and your persona begin?

Lets Talk About It....

Me personally, Im quietly natured around ppl i do not know but once I get cool with ya i'm shit talking Mooney!
I love music and shit like that, I talk shit with my peeps..so there isnt much a difference. I stay away from confrontation but if i gotta pop off i will.
Only thing different from rl to here is the name really bc I dont really go by Mooney elsewhere, which might change tho

I would say Im the same on and offline as well to an extent.

I do let some aspects of my personality be "louder" on here than I would in real life

this is a tough question for me to answer

i guess the role here I've created for myself is a slight variant of how I am irl.

@Lea says im a know it all irl, and that might be true to a certain extent here. Certain shit triggers me and I cant explain why. Not trigger like bother in the sense, but more of annoyed with so occasionally my posts come off as "that guy" when in actuality, im being how i would irl.

Like if anyone has paid attention the the way Knock Twice and I go back and forth, thats how we really are irl. I dont hold my tongue when it comes to expressing my views to him and he does the same. We rarely if ever agree, and it frustrates the hell out of me lol, but it always ends on some "same time tomorrow?" type shit.

NOW, when im tapping the fish tank, things get interesting

my online self is more like my younger college self early 20's self

irl i've matured a whole lot, and i have a ridiculous amount responsibilities...

but i miss being that silly goofy shit talker.....i get that online...

i do the same on facebook/ig..

and when i get around certain people i can trip for hours.....around friends, family, there is literally no difference

but these days i mostly stay to myself, and unless i find myself in a conversation with someone i like, i'm very grumpy...especially at work

definitely the same person overall

I think this shit made me embrace it more on a funny note, but its me

I dont hang a lot any more, and im no longer a part of a lot of the situations I may talk about....that just came with age and marriage

I can say im probably more "friendly" here, and that aint saying much with my participation in shit lol

Everything's a joke online and offline. Been called nuts alot this week.

Probably why I stay in the doghouse.

And weird because my kids think I'm the most serious person on the planet.

really comments that made me really think about this is when

@King Freeman and @Duwop were going back and forth and freeman said something about Du's fam and Du rightfully took exception. Du said something to the effect of "im criticizing your online persona and you bringing in my real life"

just got me to thinking...how much of our "real life" are we putting on display whether it be our personality, sig others, kids etc...

even the shit with Kandy and Chitown B...just objectively...if Kandy keeps that part of her life offline...that shit never happens...

for me I kinda learned from observing on other forums what can happen when you put too much of your "real self" out there

well yeah

I think everybody from the "other hood" should know what to share and just how much

most of us went thru that already

a lot of shit we know about each other is thru "exposures" and shit

Everybody is gonna say they are the same

I'm express myself a lot more here than I do offline except when I'm talking to my girl. Anybody else I'm quite reserved

Here? I say whatever comes to my mind even if it's offensive. But I hold back because you know...

I'm also here to play devil's advocate a bit and point out things nobody else is going to point out because at times y'all can be sheep or have your heads up each other's ass too much

Damn BDP gets the alert sent to his phone for the responses

Let me edit before you click that reaction my G lol

really comments that made me really think about this is when

@King Freeman and @Duwop were going back and forth and freeman said something about Du's fam and Du rightfully took exception. Du said something to the effect of "im criticizing your online persona and you bringing in my real life"

just got me to thinking...how much of our "real life" are we putting on display whether it be our personality, sig others, kids etc...

even the shit with Kandy and Chitown B...just objectively...if Kandy keeps that part of her life offline...that shit never happens...

for me I kinda learned from observing on other forums what can happen when you put too much of your "real self" out there
Freeman said some hoe shit. Period. You can't not care than talk about a nigga family to incite an reaction

Motherfuckers afraid to admit they sensitive and/or emotional. Some how the internet is supposed to take away base human feelings

I'm express myself a lot more here than I do offline except when I'm talking to my girl. Anybody else I'm quite reserved

Here? I say whatever comes to my mind even if it's offensive. But I hold back because you know...

this is about right for me too

Even though we "know" each other per say

The anon nature of the internet allows me to be a bit more unfiltered...thats why I say parts of my personality are louder on here than in real life

so im still the same song...Im just eq'd differently

Damn BDP gets the alert sent to his phone for the responses

Let me edit before you click that reaction my G lol

lmao...doing some testing on a new MDM solution for my organization...a lot of it is "hurry up and wait" so I got time today lol

I'm also here to play devil's advocate a bit and point out things nobody else is going to point out because at times y'all can be sheep or have your heads up each other's ass too much

thats the thing tho.....this is believable because you're a dick online....we know nobody acts like that in person with everybody

with that said, everybody online doesnt act in a way that you wouldnt believe was genuine....it can go both ways imo

i dont think anybody's faking or saying they're the same person to save face....a lotta people just here shootin the shit lol

Back